Cindy McCain: Calling out The View

Truthfully, I think this move made Cindy McCain look very silly and childish. I wonder who is telling them that this is the way to go?

Nah, I don't think it will make any difference. They're bitches. I imagine Cindy can be one as well, and this is undoubtedly her way of warning them.

The McCain camp better wise up if they think they can continually play the victim card and have it appeal to the voters. They should take a cue from Obama...just keep saying over and over again that you are disappointed in your opponent and that you want an end to this style of negative politics, while your surrogates go out there and whine for you.

could you point me to these "surrogates" who are whining on behalf of Obama?

I think there are legitimate grievances regarding some of the more henious ads put out by the McCain campaign.... (their distortions are becoming legendary)....as well as the fake outrage over the lipstick comment...

I think the public are tiring of this "poor us" attitude from the McCain camp given how truly vicious everyone knows politics can be. Do they expect they'll be treated with kid gloves because he's an old war hero and she's a hockey mom?

I think all the moaning and complaining makes him look weak and in the end that's going to hurt him.

Silence Wrote:
could you point me to these "surrogates" who are whining on behalf of Obama?
Surely you haven't missed the reporter who said that if the United States didn't elect Obama, the African-American community would riot in the streets? Or when Obama himself told us to leave his wife alone, even though he was sending her out on the campaign trail for him, and the problems most commentators had were with the comments she made while delivering campaign speeches? Surely you've seen Chris Matthews giggle-like a school girl when Obama talks and complain about "the treatment" some have been giving him? Or Keith Olberman telling people who were saying positive things about McCain/Palin to "get a shovel"? Did you miss the faux outrage over the satirical New Yorker cover that was actually trying to help Obama by pointing out how ridiculous the far-rights attacks against him had been? People went nuts whining about how maligned Obama had been when the magazine had been supporting him! What about the absolute hysteria after the primary debate where Stephanopolus dared to ask Obama questions he didn't want to answer? Obama's surrogates in the media were actually screaming for Stephanopolus' to be fired - over a legitimate question.

I can go on, Silence...but I think that you and I can both agree that Obama has been quite smart in staying pretty much above the fray. But where I'm guessing you'll still disagree with me is in the fact that I think that Obama has enough people doing the dirty work for him - that he gets to sit back and say magnanimously "now, now...can't we all be nice" while his supporters scream about unfairness and talk about shivers up their legs.

McCain, for the most part...hasn't had that. He's had to be the one to say...this was uncalled for...this is wrong. It worked very well when he was defending Sarah Palin at first because the media's treatment of her and her family was so abyssmal...but now...in my opinion, he has taken it too far and has begun to look silly.

I think there are legitimate grievances regarding some of the more henious ads put out by the McCain campaign.... (their distortions are becoming legendary)
Legendary? Oh, come now...every election cycle the negative ads are "legendary" "disgusting" "outrageous." I even agree with you that McCain's ads have been distortions...but I haven't seen anything yet that I would call "legendary."

....as well as the fake outrage over the lipstick comment...

No argument here. Obama and his camp have played this perfectly. McCain and his people blew a good opportunity to take a page from Obama - he and Palin should have sat back, smiled, said publically, "I am sure that Obama did not mean anything by his remark." and let their surrogates talk about the issue.

I think the public are tiring of this "poor us" attitude from the McCain camp given how truly vicious everyone knows politics can be. Do they expect they'll be treated with kid gloves because he's an old war hero and she's a hockey mom?
I think all the moaning and complaining makes him look weak and in the end that's going to hurt him.

Again, you and I are in complete agreement. Scary! :eusa_angel:

Truthfully, I think this move made Cindy McCain look very silly and childish. I wonder who is telling them that this is the way to go?

Themselves. This is the real Cindy McCain who was talking to people at a fundraiser. She probably didn't think this would go public maybe.

We've seen Dubya himself make such comments in fundraisers he wouldn't want us to hear.

Once people think you turn off the camera, that person's real personality comes out.

Once people think you turn off the camera, that person's real personality comes out.

So we should proceed with the notion that Barak Obama truly believes that poor Pennsylvanians are bitter, religious nut-jobs who cling to their religion and their bigotry?

Which part? The wife with 11 houses and $100 million dollars?

How 'bout over a billion dollars. Heinz-Kerry gets a nickel everytime I dip my fries in ketchup, but nobody gave John Kerry a lot of shit about it. There was some, but most of it was in good fun. The left really seems to be really pissed that McCain married well. :gives:

So we should proceed with the notion that Barak Obama truly believes that poor Pennsylvanians are bitter, religious nut-jobs who cling to their religion and their bigotry?

I don't think so. Your taking that comment out of context Gem and you know it.

Here is the full context:

Obama (April 6): You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

FactCheck.org: Gunning for Obama

In my opinion only:

People cling to Religion at times because it's what they believe in, and they know. Something they can believe in a time when believing in someone like a Politican doesn't seem viable.

People cling at times to bigotry because they want to blame others for their problems. They may not want to blame the gov't, or blame themselves if they are the cause. There have been several extreme forms of this in history.

How 'bout over a billion dollars. Heinz-Kerry gets a nickel everytime I dip my fries in ketchup, but nobody gave John Kerry a lot of shit about it. There was some, but most of it was in good fun. The left really seems to be really pissed that McCain married well. :gives:

Well her net worth is somewhere between $750 million and $1.2 billion dollars. (Teresa)

Plus there is the whole thing how McCain dumped his first wife for Cindy.

Oh please. "No one questioned Bush in the media". You're joking, right?

And you must not remember the Clinton years, or you wouldn't speak so stupidly of the press giving free rides.

:lol: you're a deluded nutjob Allie...

The media played right into Bush's quest for war....

and trust me, I know more about the blow job Clinton received than I do about blow jobs I've given myself....

Well her net worth is somewhere between $750 million and $1.2 billion dollars. (Teresa)

Plus there is the whole thing how McCain dumped his first wife for Cindy.

Which has to do with what? Was Heinz(Teresa) Kerry's(John) first wife? The point is, it is a non-issue.

Why would any question be to harsh, Its funny that John Mccains own words about his negative campaigning were "Its a tough business", but when he is on the hot seat he becomes offended and dodges the questioning. He seems like a real bitch for someone that spent 5 years in a war camp. As for how many houses they have, Well I dont have a problem with that and I dont like either of them. I do feel like if you worked hard and make a ton of money then you should be able to buy as many houses as you want. I just dont know why they take such offense to that question. Everyone knows she is filthy rich.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back