Cindy Is Going For Her Second 15 Minutes

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
All Cindy, all the time. :rolleyes:

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20...70855_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-IRAQ-USA-PROTEST-DC.html

Iraq war protester says to shift focus to Congress

Aug 26, 5:36 PM (ET)

Iraq war protester Cindy Sheehan talks to the media at the protest camp near U.S. President George...
Full Image

By Jeremy Pelofsky

CRAWFORD, Texas (Reuters) - Iraq war protester Cindy Sheehan, whose vigil near President George W. Bush's Texas ranch has become a symbol for the anti-war movement, said on Friday she plans to focus on Congress, starting with House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, a Bush ally and fellow Texan.

Sheehan has been demanding a meeting with Bush to discuss the U.S. presence in Iraq, where her son was killed in 2004.

She plans to begin a bus tour next Thursday from Bush's ranch to the White House to campaign for the withdrawal of American troops from Iraq.

One of DeLay's Texas district offices would likely be the first stop, she said. That is about a 5.5 hour drive from Bush's ranch in Crawford, where he is on a month-long vacation.

"I think our first stop might be Tom DeLay's office," she said, surrounded by supporters. "I just wanted to let him know so he'll be in his office when we get there."

"The president is not going to meet with us, probably," Sheehan said. "We the people need to influence our congressional representatives and I hear he's pretty close by," referring to DeLay.

A spokeswoman for DeLay said his schedule was already set and did not plan to change it to meet with Sheehan.

"Mr. DeLay disagrees with those who believe we should give the terrorists the timeline they want and simply cut and run from the war in Iraq," said DeLay spokeswoman Shannon Flaherty....

Forum List

Back