CIA Torture = Crimes Against Humanity?

NOW the fucks on the far right want Obama to step all over the Senate's privileges in releasing reports?

A crime against Humanity? Stretching this. As apposed to Muslims in masks decapitating or blowing up totally innocent people? The Obama government should have had enough discretion to withhold all these CIA interrogation techniques instead of blabbing it out all over the place indiscriminately. That's not the gauge of wise judgment, as far as I can tell.

Let's see, elite Military personnel undergo waterboarding in training so how can it be "a crime against humanity"? When lefties manage to change or expand the definition of "torture" it opens the door for anti-American rhetoric. Our enemies are beheading captives with knives and stoning women to death for minor infractions and selling children into slavery. Jihad maniacs use their own bodies for shrapnel when they kill Jews in marketplaces or at religious services. One of our own Army officers killed about a dozen of his own men in an insane islamic jihad frenzy. At least one of the president's friends and political advisers engaged in a decade long spree of "crimes against humanity" when he terrorized America with bombs and he is still a wheeler and dealer in Chicago democrat politics.
This post is based on the incorrect premises that water boarding is the only form of torture that the CIA undertook, and that somehow the crimes of terrorists whitewash torturing people including innocent people.
American POW's have been victims of real torture in every conflict since WW1 . Apparently the American left is inclined to forgive and forget in the spirit of bi-partisanship when a Hollywood actress supports the real torture of American POW's in Vietnam. The point is that the left has expanded the definition of "torture" to include embarrassment and discomfort. Remember when the radical left went crazy when it was alleged that Marines mishandled the Koran at Gitmo? What would happen to Christians worldwide if they were caught with a Bible? The Bush administration authorized millions of taxpayer dollars to feed captured terrorists with food authorized by a 6th century freaking document. American POW's lived on rat guts in three wars started during democrat administrations. I'd say the torture issue is a ridiculous issue designed by the left and authorized by the lame duck democrats as a desperate scorched earth agenda before the democrat party becomes redundant.
It's hilarious how anyone who disagrees with you is from the "left," and your best argument is that somebody else is doing worse things and even that is a stretch. Remember that the U.S. is also responsible for rendition to Libya, Egypt, and Syria. If anybody thinks that the torture there was simply "embarrassment and discomfort" they're insane. Regardless, even if it were true it would have no bearing on the morality or legality of what the U.S. government has done. You're also ignoring the fact that some of the people tortured had nothing to do with terrorism, but it's a safe bet that they do now that the U.S. tortured them for no reason.

Who are these people who belittle actual Crimes Against Humanity by considering the alleged torture of a small number of terrorists and others as crimes against humanity?

It's embarrassing as a Liberal to read a letter to the editor in the LATimes from a former ACLU leader stating this preposterous line of reasoning.
CIA torturers served their country poorly - LA Times
Stephen Rohde Los Angeles - chairman emeritus of the ACLU Foundation of Southern California.

Crimes against humanity used to be Idi Amin/Uganda - here we go: Situations and cases

The ACLU should be put on trial for crimes against the American people! They should be put out of business for good! They are an utter disgrace!

jesus, you're :cuckoo:

No, I'm not. The ACLU has defended paedophiles and those who support NAMBLA against child victims in court. The ACLU has defended terrorists while accusing the victims. The ACLU has been on the wrong side of every argument it does appear and when they have the opportunity to speak up for constitutional rights such as the right to bear arms - they are no where to be found - If you are looking for crazy - it's the ACLU and their definition of justice. They have enriched themselves off of lawsuits and intimidation and America would be better off without them.. FAR BETTER OFF. America does not need groups like the ACLU.

Dante, you mentioned in a thread the other day your appreciation for writers on USMB sharing their thoughts - that you were gathering material for a book.... consider this part of your learning experience. You need to realize that many Americans are not happy with the ACLU - not in the least. Factor that in and add it to your notes. Thanks for reading.

Just becaused the ACLU may defend or oppose causes you do not agree with does not make them an "utter disgrace" or that they should be "put out of business for good." All this shows is that your subjective view of the ACLU appears to be clouded by a marked lack of understanding.

Oh my, the CIA tortured while all the time...

23kvvc3.jpg

Leave it to the LEFT ...what about EQUIVALENCY?

ALan was correct when he stated we cannot have a healthy discussion of what really goes on.

moralist pukes take everything out of context and take some imaginary moral high ground

everyone tortures and everyone will continue to torture because we are human beings with all the failings of human beings

There are issues from WWII that are still being held back from the public awareness even though all the people on all sides are long dead. WHY did the Obama administration allow this to go public? People are going to get hurt as a result of these disclosures of CIA interrogation tactics. Obama knows this...This isn't about fairness or anything else, Obama isn't fit to be president, let alone lick my foot. I am really getting to hate Obama. Despite himself, he cost me my job with this health care shit my employer couldn't afford, he promotes illegal aliens, I can't relate to this man in million years. He is the commander in chief and talks about racism, right, mean while back at the ranch...

As I understand that Obama came from a communist family - his mother, his grandmother, his grandfather, his mentor - all Communists - while he perhaps did not encounter Communism as it truly is - he has now - in the form of Kim Jong Un and Putin - both whom I believe are plotting against the United States. If Obama has viewed any of the videos - information available from hearings about North Korea prison camps - the torture that goes on and the state of the North Korea - he has to realize that is true Communism. There is no other brand of Communism. That's it. China sends back anyone they find who has escaped from North Korea - and is guilty of same level of evil against their own citizens - forced work camps - slave labor - Communism is a despicable thing - perhaps Obama will change his mind about the direction he is headed in and decide not to leave his name to such a legacy. After all, if America falls - where can he go?

Who are these people who belittle actual Crimes Against Humanity by considering the alleged torture of a small number of terrorists and others as crimes against humanity?

It's embarrassing as a Liberal to read a letter to the editor in the LATimes from a former ACLU leader stating this preposterous line of reasoning.
CIA torturers served their country poorly - LA Times
Stephen Rohde Los Angeles - chairman emeritus of the ACLU Foundation of Southern California.

Crimes against humanity used to be Idi Amin/Uganda - here we go: Situations and cases

The ACLU should be put on trial for crimes against the American people! They should be put out of business for good! They are an utter disgrace!

jesus, you're :cuckoo:

No, I'm not. The ACLU has defended paedophiles and those who support NAMBLA against child victims in court. The ACLU has defended terrorists while accusing the victims. The ACLU has been on the wrong side of every argument it does appear and when they have the opportunity to speak up for constitutional rights such as the right to bear arms - they are no where to be found - If you are looking for crazy - it's the ACLU and their definition of justice. They have enriched themselves off of lawsuits and intimidation and America would be better off without them.. FAR BETTER OFF. America does not need groups like the ACLU.

Dante, you mentioned in a thread the other day your appreciation for writers on USMB sharing their thoughts - that you were gathering material for a book.... consider this part of your learning experience. You need to realize that many Americans are not happy with the ACLU - not in the least. Factor that in and add it to your notes. Thanks for reading.

Just becaused the ACLU may defend or oppose causes you do not agree with does not make them an "utter disgrace" or that they should be "put out of business for good." All this shows is that your subjective view of the ACLU appears to be clouded by a marked lack of understanding.

It would seem to me I understand it better than you do. They are known for their actions - actions speak louder than words do. Theirs speak volumes which is why Americans want to see the ACLU disbanded. It is bad for the country.

Let's see, elite Military personnel undergo waterboarding in training so how can it be "a crime against humanity"? When lefties manage to change or expand the definition of "torture" it opens the door for anti-American rhetoric. Our enemies are beheading captives with knives and stoning women to death for minor infractions and selling children into slavery. Jihad maniacs use their own bodies for shrapnel when they kill Jews in marketplaces or at religious services. One of our own Army officers killed about a dozen of his own men in an insane islamic jihad frenzy. At least one of the president's friends and political advisers engaged in a decade long spree of "crimes against humanity" when he terrorized America with bombs and he is still a wheeler and dealer in Chicago democrat politics.
This post is based on the incorrect premises that water boarding is the only form of torture that the CIA undertook, and that somehow the crimes of terrorists whitewash torturing people including innocent people.
American POW's have been victims of real torture in every conflict since WW1 . Apparently the American left is inclined to forgive and forget in the spirit of bi-partisanship when a Hollywood actress supports the real torture of American POW's in Vietnam. The point is that the left has expanded the definition of "torture" to include embarrassment and discomfort. Remember when the radical left went crazy when it was alleged that Marines mishandled the Koran at Gitmo? What would happen to Christians worldwide if they were caught with a Bible? The Bush administration authorized millions of taxpayer dollars to feed captured terrorists with food authorized by a 6th century freaking document. American POW's lived on rat guts in three wars started during democrat administrations. I'd say the torture issue is a ridiculous issue designed by the left and authorized by the lame duck democrats as a desperate scorched earth agenda before the democrat party becomes redundant.

I have to agree. There is simply no comparison. Our own were water boarded for training, Navy Seals endured more than any - to call it torture is over the top.. Once again - we see the treatment given by Communists is the most vile torture and inhumane compared to the American system of doing interrogation, keeping prisoners. Truly the world has nothing to complain about when they compare Communist prisons / work camps / interrogation techniques to American. The very title CIA torture crimes against humanity is totally false - if you want to go after human rights violators go after North Korea, China, Cuba, North Vietnam, Laos - those people. Not American CIA. Ridiculous.

Forum List

Back