CIA Saves Money with Facebook!

regardless of the Onion, open source material plus recon imagery has always been the most reliable intelligence out there.

Brings up an interesting posit...

... will the younger Muslims be willing to give give up their social web sites...

... for the cause of radical Islam?
:confused:

regardless of the Onion, open source material plus recon imagery has always been the most reliable intelligence out there.

From an earlier thread:

It is just the latest effort by Panetta to improve the efficiency and work environment at the agency. Panetta has also moved to make the super-secret agency a bit more accessible to the public to bolster the CIA's image. Just this week, for example, the agency announced that it was adding links on the CIA.gov homepage to social media sites like YouTube and Flickr. "The idea behind these improvements is to make more information about the agency available to more people, more easily," Panetta said. "The CIA wants the American people and the world to understand its mission and its vital role in keeping our country safe."
CIA's Panetta Shakes up His Spy Corps - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

From an earlier thread:

It is just the latest effort by Panetta to improve the efficiency and work environment at the agency. Panetta has also moved to make the super-secret agency a bit more accessible to the public to bolster the CIA's image. Just this week, for example, the agency announced that it was adding links on the CIA.gov homepage to social media sites like YouTube and Flickr. "The idea behind these improvements is to make more information about the agency available to more people, more easily," Panetta said. "The CIA wants the American people and the world to understand its mission and its vital role in keeping our country safe."

What I wonder is what the NSA (or the even more secret cyber warfare task force) is doing on social sites and message boards like this? For that matter the National Reconnaissance Office must be having a love-hate relationship with Google maps.

From an earlier thread:

What I wonder is what the NSA (or the even more secret cyber warfare task force) is doing on social sites and message boards like this? For that matter the National Reconnaissance Office must be having a love-hate relationship with Google maps.

Willie, when I see things like this, I can only see the antecedent as the Democrat Church Committee and the Democrat Pike Committee.

For the Left, good intentions trump intellect and foresight.

When you're right you're right PC. As an anecdote when I found out about EODDATA's stock price archives a few years back I went into shock. Computer memory to crunch 30 years of data, archives and everything but software to run alpha and beta on every stock in the US was less than 3K. I still don't know where to get the necessary software but since the federal government gets volume discounts I do wonder how well they keep track of us? Google, Yahoo, Facebook and other social media with much smaller budgets do a bang up job of tracking us online. Given US intelligence budgets and even if they are keeping track of everyone in the world in great detail the costs could be so low as not to be a material cost or line item even in the secret budget lines. Something to think about.

When you're right you're right PC. As an anecdote when I found out about EODDATA's stock price archives a few years back I went into shock. Computer memory to crunch 30 years of data, archives and everything but software to run alpha and beta on every stock in the US was less than 3K. I still don't know where to get the necessary software but since the federal government gets volume discounts I do wonder how well they keep track of us? Google, Yahoo, Facebook and other social media with much smaller budgets do a bang up job of tracking us online. Given US intelligence budgets and even if they are keeping track of everyone in the world in great detail the costs could be so low as not to be a material cost or line item even in the secret budget lines. Something to think about.

Perhaps I should be more concerned, I am a facebook/twitter devotee....
nasty vice.

But, -sigh- I recall when I first learned of EasyPass....I thought it was stool-softener.
Now I see it as the Eighth Wonder.

So, Gov is catching up to 'Google, Yahoo, Facebook and other social media with much smaller budgets ...'

They got us, Willie, they got us.

Forum List

Back