CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack

So, still no proof? You're not going to convince me that way. Thanks for playing.

Seriously hack, you make a complete fool of yourself.

{Charles Woods, father of Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods -- one of four Americans slain in an attack on a U.S. compound in Libya last month -- is still not satisfied with the lack of direct answers from the White House about the incident, he told Fox News on Sunday.

In an interview with Fox's Geraldo Rivera, Woods responded to recent reports that his son had made repeated requests for backup as militants laid siege to the facility on the anniversary of Sept. 11th. Those requests were ultimately denied, and Woods said he wants to know exactly why.}

Charles Woods, Father Of Navy SEAL Slain In Benghazi, Challenges Obama (VIDEO)

Was Charles Woods there? No? Then how does he know what transpired? My heart goes out to the guy. It really does; but his anger over the death of his son is not proof. Now why don't you stop playing politics over his dead son and show me some actual proof of what you wish happened.

:fu:

I wouldn't know if help was requested, if it was denied (if requested) or of anything associated with the attack/CIA operation because I wasn't there. And neither were you. I'll wait for more proof than a Fox News unnamed source, thank you.

You don't know if help was requested during an almost 7 hour gun battle? It was requested REPEATEDLY, Jose and you know it. What do you think people on the ground in Benghazi were doing while they were under attack...ordering pizza?

So, still no proof? Got it :thup:

CBS put out a few of the emails. How did you miss that? Are you cool with CBS as a source?

It's obvious the WH was made aware of the ground situation. Who knows what other emails haven't been released?

This is just beginning. I have no doubt this is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure Issa is going to be a dog on a bone getting all related documents and testimony.

As he should.

At 4:05 p.m. Eastern time, on September 11, an alert from the State Department Operations Center was issued to a number government and intelligence agencies. Included were the White House Situation Room, the office of the Director of National Intelligence, and the FBI.

"US Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi Under Attack" -- "approximately 20 armed people fired shots; explosions have been heard as well. Ambassador Stevens, who is currently in Benghazi, and four COM (Chief of Mission/embassy) personnel are in the compound safe haven.

Please note right to the WH Situation Room

At 4:54 p.m., less than an hour later, another alert: "the firing... in Benghazi...has stopped...A response team is on site attempting to locate COM (embassy) personnel."

Then, at 6:07 p.m., State sent out another alert saying the embassy in Tripoli reported the Islamic military group "Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibilty for Benghazi Attack"... "on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripoli."

The emails are just a few in what are likely a large number traded throughout the night. They are likely to become part of the ongoing political debate over whether the administration attempted to mislead in saying the assault was an outgrowth of a protest, rather than a planned attack by terrorists.

Emails detail unfolding Benghazi attack on Sept. 11 - CBS News

And here's the kicker for everyone saying that they weren't denied assistance, Panetta admits they couldn't risk forces.

That means they freaking denied them help. Out of his own mouth. The Defense Secretary said they couldn't risk sending in help.

Yesterday Leon Panetta claimed that he and General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the U.S. military's Joint Chiefs of Staff, and General Carter Ham, head of the U.S. military's Africa Command, felt they couldn't 'put forces at risk in that situation.'

'This happened within a few hours and it was really over before, you know, we had the opportunity to really know what was happening,' said Panetta.

CIA agents in Benghazi twice asked for permission to help Ambassador Chris Stevens as bullets were flying and twice were told to 'stand down' | Mail Online

And here's the kicker for everyone saying that they weren't denied assistance, Panetta admits they couldn't risk forces.

That means they freaking denied them help. Out of his own mouth. The Defense Secretary said they couldn't risk sending in help.

Yesterday Leon Panetta claimed that he and General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the U.S. military's Joint Chiefs of Staff, and General Carter Ham, head of the U.S. military's Africa Command, felt they couldn't 'put forces at risk in that situation.'

'This happened within a few hours and it was really over before, you know, we had the opportunity to really know what was happening,' said Panetta.

CIA agents in Benghazi twice asked for permission to help Ambassador Chris Stevens as bullets were flying and twice were told to 'stand down' | Mail Online

That means Panetta and Dempsey decided to disobey the orders of their CiC to do everything necessary to secure American personnel. Why do they still have a job?

every day more proof comes out.

obam is merely trying to run out the clock, and the zebes (the press) are helping him.

this will keep growing in spite of the media. they'll HAVE to start investigating.... because they won't want to get out-scooped.

Yes, because no one can MOVE a WMD...

Dumbass.

A little history lesson, they were actually USED in the Iraq/Iran War years earlier.

We know that. We have the bill of sale for the supplies. :smoke:

Now, you know that its all bullshit, EVERYONE knows that its all bullshit by now. Why do we argue here about established and well-known facts?

Forum List

Back