CIA documents supported Susan Rice’s description of Benghazi attacks

Let me see if I have this straight.

A bunch of people show up spontaneously, carry out a coordinated assault on the consulate in Benghazi, and managed to take out the barracks where the Libyan security team is headquartered. They then spontaneously and coincidentally move to the building the ambassador is in, dumping diesel fuel as they do so, and locate the safe area, but are unable to see anyone in it. They then exit the living quarters and set it on fire, probably by accident since no one thought to bring any matches to a spontaneous protest.

They then spontaneously locate the top secret location of the safe hose, and accidentally drop mortar shells from mortar they just found on the street. Either that, or someone thinks it is cool to walk around carrying a 30 pound weapon in case he finds someone else that is carrying another 30 pounds of random ammunition that will fire from it.

Do you seriously expect me to believe this crap? I wouldn't believe it if George Washington rose from the grave and told me this story, I am sure not going to believe it from any president less than a month before an election.
Well, if you are stupid enough to believe that having matches constitutes coordination, then you are just too stupid to be persuaded by any facts.

You are the one that suddenly thinks the government is above lying now that a Democrat is in office.
And you believe that GOP hate radio never lies no matter who is in office.

Well, if you are stupid enough to believe that having matches constitutes coordination, then you are just too stupid to be persuaded by any facts.

You are the one that suddenly thinks the government is above lying now that a Democrat is in office.
And you believe that GOP hate radio never lies no matter who is in office.

Which explains why I keep saying everyone lies, which also makes me a cynic, and you and idiot.

Not a whisper of any of this on Fox news website yet.

I guess they're trying to figure out how to spin it.

It appears that Romney just lost his key talking point for the debate on foreign policy. The talking point will remain among the rabid right... but how would Romney come at this now?

1) You never said Terrorist attack - yes he did. And all acts like this, premeditated or not, are acts of terror.
2) You never got them security. - true. But 1, we already admitted that. There was a communication fuckup, and we were responsible. And 2, you weren't concerned about security when you voted slashes to security budgets.
3) You blamed the video! - It does, in fact, appear that the video had something to do with it.
4) You said that the deaths of 4 Americans were not optimal. - I said the communication was not optimal. And we need to fix it.

Cap that off with some form of statement that politicising the death of 4 Americans is really not the act of a good leader.

Please continue, Governor.

No, actually the words "Terrorist attack" never came out of his lips. He made a general comment about the US not giving in to "acts of terror". At no time during Barack Obama's Rose Garden speech did he say terrorist.

There was a "communication fuckup"? Dude, they ignored several weeks of requests from the Libyan embassy for more security. That's not a lack of communication...that's a failure to protect the people you've sworn TO protect.

And I'm not quite sure how you think the ex-governor of Massachusetts has the power to vote against national security budgets...care to run that by me?

The video has "something" to do with it? Funny how there was no demonstration outside of the embassy before the attack. How do you get a spontaneous demonstration morphing into a violent assault when there WAS NO DEMONSTRATION? Duh?

I'm not sure who the bigger idiot is for using the term "optimal" in describing the deaths of four Americans...John Stewart or Barack Obama. Let's call that a toss up!

The "act" of good leader is taking responsibility for failures. The act of someone who should never have been in a position of leadership in the first place is to duck responsibility by blaming some obscure video for THEIR incompetence.

The Romney campaign may have misfired with its suggestion that statements by President Obama and U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice about the Benghazi attack last month weren’t supported by intelligence, according to documents provided by a senior U.S. intelligence official.

“Talking points” prepared by the CIA on Sept. 15, the same day that Rice taped three television appearances, support her description of the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate as a reaction to Arab anger about an anti-Muslim video prepared in the United States. According to the CIA account, “The currently available information suggests that the demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the U.S. Consulate and subsequently its annex. There are indications that extremists participated in the violent demonstrations.”

The senior intelligence official said the analysts’ judgment was based in part on monitoring of some of the Benghazi attackers, which showed they had been watching the Cairo protests live on television and talking about them before they assaulted the consulate.

“We believe the timing of the attack was influenced by events in Cairo,” the senior official said, reaffirming the Cairo-Benghazi link. He said that judgment is repeated in a new report prepared this week for the House intelligence committee.

Washington Post

You are a lying sack of shit.

The Associated Press: GOP pounces after news of CIA cable on Libya raid

Ummm, your link kinda agrees with the point made by the OP.
This Wednesday, the chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., put the blame on the director of national intelligence, James Clapper.

"I think what happened was the director of intelligence, who is a very good individual, put out some speaking points on the initial intelligence assessment," Feinstein said in an interview with news channel CBS 5 in California. "I think that was possibly a mistake."

A U.S. intelligence official said that the talking points were written so senior officials could say something preliminary about the attacks but that it wasn't until days later that analysts reconciled contradictory information and decided there probably wasn't a protest around the time of the attack. The official spoke anonymously because the official was not allowed to speak publicly of the still-evolving investigation.

The official said "right now, there isn't any intelligence" that the attackers pre-planned their assault days or weeks in advance, but instead still points to an them launching the assault opportunistically after they learned about the violence at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo.

Jesus Christ you lefties are morons.

I could 'splain the rediculousness of this garbage but I'd rather sit back, point and laugh, as this whole thing blows up in the faces of Obama and the DNC.

Carry on.

Here is what you CAN do...PROVE that the anti-Islamic film had nothing to do with the attack.

But here is your problem...you CAN'T.

Rice, the State Dept and the White House were going on the best available 'intel' at the time. And any logical and intelligent person would highly suspect that the protests they were seeing in Cairo OVER THE FILM, that preceded the Benghazi attacks and the protests OVER THE FILM that occurred in over 20 countries were related and fueled by the same cause.

BUT, right wing turds who HATE America because they democratically elected a Democratic President and want to destroy that same President with no regard for this country, it's people or the truth, would rather attack the President.

omg, are you really going to run with this?

Jesus Christ you lefties are morons.

I could 'splain the rediculousness of this garbage but I'd rather sit back, point and laugh, as this whole thing blows up in the faces of Obama and the DNC.

Carry on.

Here is what you CAN do...PROVE that the anti-Islamic film had nothing to do with the attack.

Rice, the State Dept and the White House were going on the best available 'intel' at the time. And any logical and intelligent person would highly suspect that the protests they were seeing in Cairo OVER THE FILM, that preceded the Benghazi attacks and the protests OVER THE FILM that occurred in over 20 countries were related and fueled by the same cause.

BUT, right wing turds who HATE America because they democratically elected a Democratic President and want to destroy that same President with no regard for this country, it's people or the truth, would rather attack the President.

I always run with the truth Steph.

I never gave anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.
Harry S. Truman

Harry S. Truman

whatever then if that's what you want to believe, but it could of been a damn cartoon and they will riot over that, the REAL ISSUE is why didn't Stevens have MORE PROTECTION like he was asking for

Harry S. Truman

whatever then if that's what you want to believe, but it could of been a damn cartoon and they will riot over that, the REAL ISSUE is why didn't Stevens have MORE PROTECTION like he was asking for

Ask Mike Rogers...

ixzPaGDpHBHc.jpg

Representative Mike Rogers , a Michigan Republican and chairman of the House intelligence committee, told CNN there was no sign of intelligence “chatter” leading up to the Benghazi consulate attack that would have warned U.S. officials to take extra precautions.

It's Obama trying the rope-a-dope.

Which works fine, Romney is a dope.

Hey, remember when Reagan made a big deal about the Iran Hostage crisis...

Um. Nope. He didn't. When there was a failed rescue attempt where 6 servicemen died, Reagan said that he wouldn't comment on it, and if he were, his words would only be prayers.

That's what a CLASSY Republican does.

Mitt has been trying to jump up on Ambassador Stevens coffin and use it as a soapbox, even though Stevens' family has asked him to knock it off.

It's Obama trying the rope-a-dope.

Which works fine, Romney is a dope.

Hey, remember when Reagan made a big deal about the Iran Hostage crisis...

Um. Nope. He didn't. When there was a failed rescue attempt where 6 servicemen died, Reagan said that he wouldn't comment on it, and if he were, his words would only be prayers.

That's what a CLASSY Republican does.

Mitt has been trying to jump up on Ambassador Stevens coffin and use it as a soapbox, even though Stevens' family has asked him to knock it off.

Reagan didn't need to mention the screw ups of Carter they were well known and the MSM did report on them. Very unlike today where a sitting president can lie, as has been clearly the case with Obama and Clinton, and the MSM says almost nothing.

Reagan didn't need to mention the screw ups of Carter they were well known and the MSM did report on them. Very unlike today where a sitting president can lie, as has been clearly the case with Obama and Clinton, and the MSM says almost nothing.

That's it. It's all the media's fault.

Not the fact that you guys keep nominating people who alienate women, minorities, working people and want to impose crazy religions on the rest of us.

It's just the media making your douchebag look like a douchebag.

So let me see if I understand this. Romney was chastised for saying this was a terrorist attack.....wasn't it shoot first, aim later?? But Obama did call it a terror attack?? That's why he attacked Romney?? :cuckoo:

Obama is right. Some people are too stupid to want the truth, he's got you pegged. It's a good thing some of us still understand some people will do anything to save their butts, in this case to save his chance at re-election.

Did anyone else watch the congressional hearings?? If you did you'd see Obama has again sucked you in because he knows you will believe anything he says.

Forum List

Back