CIA documents supported Susan Rice’s description of Benghazi attacks

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
The Romney campaign may have misfired with its suggestion that statements by President Obama and U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice about the Benghazi attack last month weren’t supported by intelligence, according to documents provided by a senior U.S. intelligence official.

“Talking points” prepared by the CIA on Sept. 15, the same day that Rice taped three television appearances, support her description of the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate as a reaction to Arab anger about an anti-Muslim video prepared in the United States. According to the CIA account, “The currently available information suggests that the demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the U.S. Consulate and subsequently its annex. There are indications that extremists participated in the violent demonstrations.”

The senior intelligence official said the analysts’ judgment was based in part on monitoring of some of the Benghazi attackers, which showed they had been watching the Cairo protests live on television and talking about them before they assaulted the consulate.

“We believe the timing of the attack was influenced by events in Cairo,” the senior official said, reaffirming the Cairo-Benghazi link. He said that judgment is repeated in a new report prepared this week for the House intelligence committee.

Washington Post

Gee, whiz! Will the repubs now make some other issue out of this that isn't actually an issue? Probably!

Here’s how the senior official described the jumble of events in Benghazi that day: “The attackers were disorganized; some seemed more interested in looting. Some who claimed to have participated joined the attack as it began or after it was under way. There is no evidence of rehearsals, they never got into the safe room . . . never took any hostages, didn’t bring explosives to blow the safe room door, and didn’t use a car bomb to blow the gates.”

Last edited:
Ahhh.. unnamed sources without links to the actual document in an opinion piece... got it

:rolleyes:

Direct "quotes" from a senior intelligence official there DD. Maybe Scooter Libby can provide the name.

Uh huh.. yeah.. unnamed sources and unseen proof... yeah.. that makes it undeniable proof :rolleyes:

When you get a real source, something that is not opinion, and actual evidence of the alleged supporting documents, let us know... until that time.. shut the fuck up

Also from the link:

It was a flash mob with weapons,” is how the senior official described the attackers. The mob included members of the Ansar al-Sharia militia, about four members of al-Qaeda in the Maghreb, and members of the Egypt-based Muhammad Jamal network, along with other unarmed looters.

The official said the only major change he would make now in the CIA’s Sept. 15 talking points would be to drop the word “spontaneous” and substitute “opportunistic.” He explained that there apparently was “some pre-coordination but minimal planning.”

The Romney campaign may have misfired with its suggestion that statements by President Obama and U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice about the Benghazi attack last month weren’t supported by intelligence, according to documents provided by a senior U.S. intelligence official.

“Talking points” prepared by the CIA on Sept. 15, the same day that Rice taped three television appearances, support her description of the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate as a reaction to Arab anger about an anti-Muslim video prepared in the United States. According to the CIA account, “The currently available information suggests that the demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the U.S. Consulate and subsequently its annex. There are indications that extremists participated in the violent demonstrations.”

The senior intelligence official said the analysts’ judgment was based in part on monitoring of some of the Benghazi attackers, which showed they had been watching the Cairo protests live on television and talking about them before they assaulted the consulate.

“We believe the timing of the attack was influenced by events in Cairo,” the senior official said, reaffirming the Cairo-Benghazi link. He said that judgment is repeated in a new report prepared this week for the House intelligence committee.

Washington Post

Shhhh.... don't let facts get in the way of their crazy paranoia.

I would make rmoney wear this around his neck like the bumbling fool he is . Issa need to be brought up on charges of miss conduct of office . Retard batting 000 wasting tax payer dollars .

Jesus Christ you lefties are morons.

I could 'splain the rediculousness of this garbage but I'd rather sit back, point and laugh, as this whole thing blows up in the faces of Obama and the DNC.

Carry on.

I would make rmoney wear this around his neck like the bumbling fool he is . Issa need to be brought up on charges of miss conduct of office . Retard batting 000 wasting tax payer dollars .

I would question anyone's judgement who roots for the Chiefs. Especially this year.:lol:

I could 'splain the rediculousness of this garbage but I'd rather sit back, point and laugh, as this whole thing blows up in the faces of Obama and the DNC.

Carry on.

Here is what you CAN do...PROVE that the anti-Islamic film had nothing to do with the attack.

But here is your problem...you CAN'T.

Rice, the State Dept and the White House were going on the best available 'intel' at the time. And any logical and intelligent person would highly suspect that the protests they were seeing in Cairo OVER THE FILM, that preceded the Benghazi attacks and the protests OVER THE FILM that occurred in over 20 countries were related and fueled by the same cause.

BUT, right wing turds who HATE America because they democratically elected a Democratic President and want to destroy that same President with no regard for this country, it's people or the truth, would rather attack the President.

Last edited:
Uh huh.. yeah.. unnamed sources and unseen proof... yeah.. that makes it undeniable proof :rolleyes:

When you get a real source, something that is not opinion, and actual evidence of the alleged supporting documents, let us know... until that time.. shut the fuck up

Well, guess WHAT DD??? The supporting documents and the intelligence officials are REAL.

“Talking points” prepared by the CIA on Sept. 15, the same day that Rice taped three television appearances, support her description of the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate as a reaction to Arab anger about an anti-Muslim video prepared in the United States. According to the CIA account

I thought by then Obama had already said it was terror attack ?

Then Biden said it was an intel failure ?

Leveling with the American people would be best about now.

Carry on.

The only face I see it blowing up in is the Weird Mormon Robot's.

He keeps trying to use Ambassador Stevens' coffin as a soap box, and keeps looking creepy doing it.

He hasn't talked about Libya since the debate, for some reason, though.

I would question anyone's judgement who roots for the Chiefs. Especially this year.:lol:

Been a fan since the late 80's they are my team . When we when it all I'm Gonna have a heart attack , most likely die of old age before that happens though :eusa_drool:

Well, guess WHAT DD??? The supporting documents and the intelligence officials are REAL.

so what if it was 'influenced' by events in Cairo.....what does that prove.....?

are you so naive to think that any of this happening on 9/11 was just some random coincidence about a video that was produced months before....?

"I'm angry about a video I never saw, let me get my RPG and tell Akmed to brings his mortars so we can have our AQ contacts guarding the Libyan Consulate hand over the gay Ambassador"

Right

That's how it happened

Washington Post

You are a lying sack of shit.

The Associated Press: GOP pounces after news of CIA cable on Libya raid

The CIA in Benghazi knew it wasn't a mob within 24 hours, and so did the State Dept, they were in contact in real time as it went down, and yet 4 days later a talking points appears that says it was a demonstration that turned violent. Bullshit. There never was a demonstration, it was an attack, the streets outside the embassy were quiet until the attack started. Somebody is flat out lying.

Last edited:
The intelligence people knew immediately that it wasn't a mob because they were watching it in real time and saw the streets empty.

Forum List

Back