CIA Director Terminates Secret Program

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
CIA Director terminated secret program - Yahoo! News

CIA Director Leon Panetta continues to clean house at the Central Intelligence Agency with the termination of a secret program.

WASHINGTON – CIA Director Leon Panetta has terminated a "very serious" covert program the spy agency kept secret from Congress for eight years, Rep. Jan Schakowsky, a House Intelligence subcommittee chairwoman, said Friday.

"The program is a very, very serious program and certainly deserved a serious debate at the time and through the years," she told The Associated Press in an interview. "But now it's over."
Panetta only learned of the existence of the program late last month and told the intelligence committee in a secret meeting on June 24 that he had terminated the program.

Schakowsky described Panetta as "stunned" that he had not been informed of the program for nearly five months into his tenure as director.

She said this is the fourth time that she knows of that the CIA has misled Congress or not informed it in a timely manner, as required by law, since she began serving on the Intelligence Committee two and half years ago.

In 2008, the CIA inspector general revealed that the CIA had lied to Congress about the accidental shoot down of American missionaries over Peru in 2001. In 2007, news reports disclosed that the CIA had secretly destroyed videotapes of interrogations of a terrorist suspect.

She would not describe the other incident.

Oh this HAS to be good. A program so secretive that the new Director doesn't find about it until nearly FIVE months into his tenure. What oh what can the CIA be doing? Oh, how about up to their old tricks once again?

MinnPost - Investigative reporter Seymour Hersh describes 'executive assassination ring'

Note THAT ^^^ was reported back in MARCH.

Last edited:
JFK had the right idea about pulling the plug on the CIA, too bad he got shot in the head before he had a chance.

Last edited:
JFK had the right idea about pulling the plug on the CIA, too bad he got shot in the head before he had a chance.

OK eots! :lol:

No, that's the theory I'm going with too! At least this week!

I have a "friend" that works for the CIA in Washington D.C.

The things they had to go through,,,I was interviewed a bunch because he put me down as a "friend to talk to" or something! :eusa_shhh:

OK eots! :lol:

No, that's the theory I'm going with too! At least this week!

I have a "friend" that works for the CIA in Washington D.C.

The things they had to go through,,,I was interviewed a bunch because he put me down as a "friend to talk to" or something! :eusa_shhh:

I'm not one to believe in "Conspiracies" usually but the CIA had at least a small role in his death. Besides, it was well known how much of a low opinion that Kennedy had for the CIA after the "Bay of Pigs" fiasco. Besides, even if the CIA didn't kill Kennedy, there was still a good chance that JFK was still going to pull the plug on the program.

Carlos Marcello Had JFK Killed

“Yeah, I had the son of a bitch killed. I’m glad I did. I’m sorry I couldn’t have done it myself!”

These were the words of Carlos Marcello, the Mafia godfather of Louisiana and Texas. And he was talking about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Marcello’s startling admission is in uncensored FBI files at the National Archives, detailed for the first time in a new encyclopedic book “Legacy of Secrecy” by Lamar Waldron.

You may wonder why the FBI and CIA withheld information from the House committee. By the time of JFK’s murder, dozens of Marcello associates had infiltrated a CIA operation code-named AMWORLD, a project started by JFK himself.

This was the CIA’s top-secret plan to cooperate with Cuba’s army commander, Juan Almeida, to stage a coup against Fidel Castro on Dec. 1, 1963. That was 10 days after JFK’s trip to Dallas.

AMWORLD files show that these conspirators wanted to shoot Castro while he was riding in an open jeep. Marcello’s men used that idea to kill JFK in an open car in Dallas. They then planted phony evidence implicating Castro.

Read The Outfit by Gus Russo which details the history of the Chicago Mob. In the 50's to early 60's, the mob and CIA were quite close.

Then there's this:

A Timeline of CIA Atrocities

I want to say most of those are true by the way, I've researched just about all of them. One of the most horrific ones being this:

Laos — The CIA carries out approximately one coup per year trying to nullify Laos’ democratic elections. The problem is the Pathet Lao, a leftist group with enough popular support to be a member of any coalition government. In the late 50s, the CIA even creates an "Armee Clandestine" of Asian mercenaries to attack the Pathet Lao. After the CIA’s army suffers numerous defeats, the U.S. starts bombing, dropping more bombs on Laos than all the U.S. bombs dropped in World War II. A quarter of all Laotians will eventually become refugees, many living in caves.

USATODAY.com - 30-year-old bombs still very deadly in Laos

Cluster bombs, known here as "bombies," account for about half the unexploded ordnance on the ground and most of the casualties. Since the bombing ended in 1973, 5,700 Laotians have been killed and 5,600 injured by UXO. Through the end of August, 14 of the 30 Laotians reported killed this year and 33 of the 58 injured by UXO have been children.

From 1964 through 1973, the United States flew 580,000 bombing runs over Laos — one every 9 minutes for 10 years.

If this new accusation against the CIA turns out to be true, then it's only one thing in a VERY long list of shameful CIA history.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back