Cia director david petraeus submits letter of resignation

breaking , no links yet.......

Benghazi casualty? :eusa_think:

if anyone has another idea for a more appropriate forum for this sound off, I am not sure were it should go...*shrugs*

if anyone has another idea for a more appropriate forum for this sound off, I am not sure were it should go...*shrugs*

Hillary will be next but she was going to quit for her run in 2016.

If I were him I'd submitt my resignation as well. Petraeis is a soldier first and foremost and I'll bet he wasn't best pleased with that stand down bs.

He probably went head to head with the rest of the bozo's who let those men die in Benghazi.

Kinda like General Hamm.

Extra marital affair huh?? Good cover.

This could get interesting...if I was a journalist - I would pay a few $million to get an interview with him.
This guy knows it all, and has laid things out on the table before.
We may learn more about Benghazi yet.

Last edited:

They are saying he was doing the dirty deed and not with his wife. I however think this is going to be Obama fall guy

no... casualty of his own open zipper...

from his resignation letter:

November 2012
Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position as D/CIA. After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours. This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation.

As I depart Langley, I want you to know that it has been the greatest of privileges to have served with you, the officers of our Nation's Silent Service, a work force that is truly exceptional in every regard. Indeed, you did extraordinary work on a host of critical missions during my time as director, and I am deeply grateful to you for that.

CIA Director David Petraeus resigns, cites extramarital affair - U.S. News

i know there will be mourning in rightwingnuthackworld because he didn't resign because of "behghazi".

did bush's CIA director resign because the US got attacked on bush's watch?

Adultery is a violation of the UCMJ.

Article 134.

wtf??

this stinks to high heaven....who gives a shit? plus he works for a re-elected Dem president, they don't give a crap about adultery, gay prostitution etc. they are the let it all hang out party...( well, unless its a rep.)...so what gives?

CIA Director David Petraeus resigns, cites extramarital affair
By Andrea Mitchell and Robert Windrem, NBC News

CIA Director David Petraeus resigned Friday, citing an extramarital affair he had.

Multiple sources tell NBC News that Mike Morrell, the deputy CIA director and a longtime CIA officer, would likely be offered the job as acting director but with the understanding that he may be elevated to the job permanently at some point.

no... casualty of his own open zipper...

from his resignation letter:

November 2012
Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position as D/CIA. After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours. This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation.

As I depart Langley, I want you to know that it has been the greatest of privileges to have served with you, the officers of our Nation's Silent Service, a work force that is truly exceptional in every regard. Indeed, you did extraordinary work on a host of critical missions during my time as director, and I am deeply grateful to you for that.

i know there will be mourning in rightwingnuthackworld because he didn't resign because of "behghazi".

did bush's CIA director resign because the US got attacked on bush's watch?

he did resign because of benghazi, that letter about "an affair" is just another in a long line of cover ups.

Well I find that a good cover story.

Patreaus is a soldier first and foremost.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit that the stand down order in Benghazi stuck in his craw.

He's stepping down just and General Hamm was relieved.

Both pretty much at the same time. Go figure.

Extramarital affair. Yeah. Sure. He was supposed to testify in the Benghazi hearings next week. He should have KNOWN this was going to happen the second he said that the order to stand down didn't come from the CIA.

I don't know what the big deal is.

It's his own personal business, that should be left between his wife and himself.

Everybody does it.

It didn't stop him from doing his job.

He was a general in the armed forces. He cannot be seen getting away with what other soldiers have been punished for under the UCMJ. Especially if he has personally punished other soldiers for adultery.

He is doing the right thing. I know it is a shock when someone does that in this day and age.

Forum List

Back