Churches Worry More About Evangelism Than Helping The Poor And Starving

It really doesn't make any difference. Nobody lives a "Christian" life. They show up for an hour and a half once a week, drop some of their money in the till and leave feeling really good about themselves. If the new testament were to be the truth......which there ain't no way.....everybody would be going to burn in hell anyway. I lived in the church for nearly forty years and I never saw one person who lived the way the new testament says one must live to get to heaven.....not a one. One of the deacons was caught having a go with his sixteen year old baby sitter.

Herein lies the rub. Cammmpbell, we all are perfectly aware that you became disenchanted with Christianity because of your personal experiences. I may recognize this more readily than some because it is to some extent what happened to me. But you are so obsessive about that you seem incapable of a measured view of things. Whatever your personal life holds, you do not come across as even the least bit of a happy person. You come across as somebody that needs therapy to overcome the bitterness that consumes you.

I have my peace. I hope you find yours. I see no need to continue any dialog with you.

If that's what you've gleened from what I've posted here you need some reading lessons. I said from the git go that I never believed it. I read the new testament no less than ten times with concordances close by and never believed it. I used to look around the sanctuary and wonder if there were others who doubted the way I do. The brainwashing of innocent, gullible children with that ancient bull shit should be against the law.

If you think that I'll be roasting in an eternal pit because I don't believe you're going to rise from a grave, join your ghost pal floating on a cloud, fly off to paradise to live in eternal bliss you can kiss my Big Orange, Tennessee Volunteer Coon Dawg Arse!

If you think those are my beliefs than you clearly didn't "glean" anything from anything I've ever posted either, dip shit.

Sorry, but the 1st Amendment allows for Free Exercise. I know that hurts.

Question: is it difficult to type and operate a mouse while wearing a straitjacket?

It's why they tell you to send your money to the lord and then give you their address......I am sure everyone has seen these mega churches either on TV or in person......amazing what the threat of eternal damnation will do for your wallet.

What do you care,you mock people of faith daily,and have zero clue.

Its funny when the weak and lost minded try and convince themselves they are right.

I lived in the church from the time I was 22 till I was over 60. I've read the new testament at least ten times. When I was in my late 20's I could quote most of it from memory chapter and verse. The people who don't know shit are the people who never address a point I make. By the way....I tithed my gross during the whole time I was raising my three children. Two of them have masters degrees. I sometimes drew paychecks from three places while they were still in school. Don't throw your idealistic ancient bull shit fairy tale at me.....I read it.

well isn't that just special,like I said what do you care,other than trying to convince yourself.

You have made your choice,so have others,mocking people for their choices because of yours is kinda immature for an old goat,haven't you learned to live and let live yet??

You missed that one a mile. I've been convinced since I was a teen ager.

I worked with large mainframe computers for most of my 41 year career and little did I know that it would ultimately provide an avenue for me to tell the whole world of praying ass holes how it really is.

Last edited:
Christians doing good deeds are promoting Christianity. OK. And THEN what? Good for them, but I am not sure what to do with this information, either.

Herein lies the rub. Cammmpbell, we all are perfectly aware that you became disenchanted with Christianity because of your personal experiences. I may recognize this more readily than some because it is to some extent what happened to me. But you are so obsessive about that you seem incapable of a measured view of things. Whatever your personal life holds, you do not come across as even the least bit of a happy person. You come across as somebody that needs therapy to overcome the bitterness that consumes you.

I have my peace. I hope you find yours. I see no need to continue any dialog with you.

If that's what you've gleened from what I've posted here you need some reading lessons. I said from the git go that I never believed it. I read the new testament no less than ten times with concordances close by and never believed it. I used to look around the sanctuary and wonder if there were others who doubted the way I do. The brainwashing of innocent, gullible children with that ancient bull shit should be against the law.

If you think that I'll be roasting in an eternal pit because I don't believe you're going to rise from a grave, join your ghost pal floating on a cloud, fly off to paradise to live in eternal bliss you can kiss my Big Orange, Tennessee Volunteer Coon Dawg Arse!

If you think those are my beliefs than you clearly didn't "glean" anything from anything I've ever posted either, dip shit.

Sorry, but the 1st Amendment allows for Free Exercise. I know that hurts.

Question: is it difficult to type and operate a mouse while wearing a straitjacket?

It's not what I think that makes any difference. It's exactly what your book says, over and over and over ad nauseum:

1 Thessalonians 4:
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

John 3:
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Luke 16:24
"The rich man shouted, 'Father Abraham, have some pity! Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. I am in anguish in these flames.'

Last edited:
So, the fact that the Great Commission has ALWAYS been the first priority of Christian ministry is news? What a startling revelation, Cammmpbell.

Oh I have no reservation about that. The facts of the matter are that interest in Christianity all over the world is on a major decline and the poor and starving be damned until they get the collection plates brimming again. Ancient god worship is finally about to bow out of the modern world and not a bit too soon to suit me. What in the world will all those cardinals, priests, bishops, fathers, sisters, reverends, preachers, pastors, ministers, just plain ol' grunt and thumpers gonna' do when they have to look for something honest to do for a living?

I'm not too interested in your agenda to be quite honest. I just don't know why you have the expectation that the purpose of a church is to help the poor and needy.

The agenda is to portray Communism as the "true Christianity" which is a lie. The truth is very simple. The bible teaches us if a man will not work neither will he eat.

The great commission had nothing to do with feeding the poor. Helping the poor is just one of the evidences of being a servant of the Lord, no big deal. Like visiting the sick or the person in prison... It is done in private not shouted from the rooftops, you know. Along the way. Not the destination, just part of the journey... the truth is that Christianity is exploding throughout the world right now...it is on the upswing... isn't it funny Hume claimed the same thing and today the largest bible distribution is from his very property in New York for bibles... distributed throughout the world! Same goes for Voltaire.. God must like proving such doom & gloomers against Gospel of Jesus Christ to be liars. The only explanation I can come up with. - Jeremiah

Not sure what the point of this thread is, is it a way to bash people who believe in a God?

It sounds like a poorly informed person with poor communication skills. I hope he gets help.

I'm 78 years old. If I need any help it sure won't be from some numb nuts who believes a 2000 year old fairy tale. I'm a Jack and the Beanstalk man myself.

Yeah Yeah....I know. You're gonna meet your ghost pal floating on a cloud, fly off to paradise to live in bliss while people who elect to not believe your fairy tale roast in a pit......sure they are...sure they will.

More of your BS, your age doesn't prove anything other than you are old, and never learned to communicate, and you can live to be 78 and poorly informed and you still need help, because you sound very bitter.

Why does the hypocrite left rant about Christianity but not radical Islam?

Simple. Islam came along later and was just another one of those dozens of god stories which originated in ancient Egypt but was copied. The most recent crock of hockey is the Mormon lie. Joseph Smith talked to an angel about the same time I got back from Mars. All ancient god worship has a lot in common. It resembles a man one helluva lot more than it has ever resembled a god.

The fact is that organizations like the Salvation Army and thousands of unnamed Christian based organizations have done more to aid poverty stricken families and individuals than the entire forty years of LBJ's failed "war on poverty" where billions of taxpayer dollars were confiscated (sometimes at the point of a gun) and squandered by dumb assed politicians who's only interest was re-election.

Why does the hypocrite left rant about Christianity but not radical Islam?

Simple. Islam came along later and was just another one of those dozens of god stories which originated in ancient Egypt but was copied. The most recent crock of hockey is the Mormon lie. Joseph Smith talked to an angel about the same time I got back from Mars. All ancient god worship has a lot in common. It resembles a man one helluva lot more than it has ever resembled a god.

Simple. Islam came along later

Yep, 600 years later.

It's why they tell you to send your money to the lord and then give you their address......I am sure everyone has seen these mega churches either on TV or in person......amazing what the threat of eternal damnation will do for your wallet.

You mean like what Obama did during his last Campaign. This Clown want's to limit Charitable Deductions to what end? This is like the "Hells Version of Precious Moments In Time", yet, you don't question, or skip a beat, when discrediting charitable work, because it does not have a Union Label, or a Government Pass. Pretty sad to see where we are going with this. Is there nothing about Individual Conscience that is not offensive or considered a threat to Statist Progressivism. Answer .... No.

Whatever happened to people helping themselves? When did the poor just lie down and passively wait for others to fill their refrigerators? I recall my father telling me all of the shit jobs he had to take before he ever found a decent job... Just to get by. My point is, he never told me how he waited for the mailman to show up on the first of the month sipping beers on the porch at 10AM. Now we have people bitching about who donates, and who does not... Disgusting display of lack of motivation, lack of self reliance, and absolutely no personal responsibility. It's like the idiots who didn't stock up on food when they knew Hurricane Sandy was coming for over a week... Oh, the Government will feed us. This Country is headed for a real eye opener when the cash well dries up.

It really doesn't make any difference. Nobody lives a "Christian" life. They show up for an hour and a half once a week, drop some of their money in the till and leave feeling really good about themselves. If the new testament were to be the truth......which there ain't no way.....everybody would be going to burn in hell anyway. I lived in the church for nearly forty years and I never saw one person who lived the way the new testament says one must live to get to heaven.....not a one. One of the deacons was caught having a go with his sixteen year old baby sitter.

In your case 40 wasted years. Zero on developing values, zero on retention skills. You are the only one that can do something about it, True Religion starts with Each of Us as Individuals, and God, the other people part, comes later, when you have more foundation goung and less drift. That's all I'll say on it for now, other that I will Pray for you.

You mean like what Obama did during his last Campaign. This Clown want's to limit Charitable Deductions to what end? This is like the "Hells Version of Precious Moments In Time", yet, you don't question, or skip a beat, when discrediting charitable work, because it does not have a Union Label, or a Government Pass. Pretty sad to see where we are going with this. Is there nothing about Individual Conscience that is not offensive or considered a threat to Statist Progressivism. Answer .... No.

This Clown want's to limit Charitable Deductions to what end?

You would have to ask Obama that question.

This is like the "Hells Version of Precious Moments In Time", yet, you don't question, or skip a beat, when discrediting charitable work, because it does not have a Union Label, or a Government Pass.

Sorry, part of the country I am from there are no unions. Government passes you would have to ask them. Charity is fine....it's great when it goes to where it's needed but begging people for money then a week later your driving a Cadillac that raises eyebrows.

Is there nothing about Individual Conscience that is not offensive or considered a threat to Statist Progressivism. Answer .... No.

Nothing offensive to me.....I cannot tell people where to put their money....

The fact is that organizations like the Salvation Army and thousands of unnamed Christian based organizations have done more to aid poverty stricken families and individuals than the entire forty years of LBJ's failed "war on poverty" where billions of taxpayer dollars were confiscated (sometimes at the point of a gun) and squandered by dumb assed politicians who's only interest was re-election.

We give to a local organization. Everything about it is done by volunteers and the funds are spent right here in our county for the poor but mostly poor children. Our East TN county has a lot of poor people. We used to give a considerable amount to the Salvation Army, UNICEF and Operation Smile but when their frequent, expensive ads began to show up on national TV we cut back there. Most of ours goes to locals.

I've been reading about some organizations which are tied to an advertising conglomerate and none of the money ever reaches the place where contributors intend for it to go.

This is one which is without a doubt the most flagrant example of false advertising. They have already changed the name of their charity since they were found out:

"SPCA International - also a client of Tidwell's Charity Services International -- claimed it sent $816,000 worth of de-worming and antibiotic medicines to an elephant charity in Nepal. But the customs declaration for the shipment, obtained by CNN, showed that its total stated value was $2,500"

A CNN reporter went to the front door of the palatial estate of the CEO and she slammed the door in his face.

Last edited:

We give to a local organization. Everything about it is done by volunteers and the funds are spent right here in our county for the poor but mostly poor children. Our East TN county has a lot of poor people. We used to give a considerable amount to the Salvation Army, UNICEF and Operation Smile but when their frequent, expensive ads began to show up on national TV we cut back there. Most of ours goes to locals.

I've been reading about some organizations which are tied to an advertising conglomerate and none of the money ever reaches the place where contributors intend for it to go.

This is one which is without a doubt the most flagrant example of false advertising. They have already changed the name of their charity since they were found out:

"SPCA International - also a client of Tidwell's Charity Services International -- claimed it sent $816,000 worth of de-worming and antibiotic medicines to an elephant charity in Nepal. But the customs declaration for the shipment, obtained by CNN, showed that its total stated value was $2,500"

A CNN reporter went to the front door of the palatial estate of the CEO and she slammed the door in his face.

What organization do you give to?

What organization do you give to?

It's in the previous post with total explanation.

Church of the Nazarene - Offering Resources

"The World Evangelism Fund fuels the Church of the Nazarene’s global mission. Because we can do more working together than we can alone, every church shares a portion of income for the purpose of making Christlike disciples in the nations.

The global mission of the Church of the Nazarene is a strategic undertaking. To accomplish the Great Commission—spreading the gospel and the message of holiness around the world—requires significant funding.

In “self-funded” missions, missionaries must spend valuable time raising their own financial support. They conduct services, take offerings, receive pledges of support, and pray that they are able to raise sufficient funds themselves. Sometimes, their time of service is shortened by lack of resources. Larger churches are visited by more missionaries than they could possibly help, while some smaller churches are overlooked."

Meanwhile nearly a billion people, mostly children starve and/or suffer from malnutrition. All my life I've watched churches promote every manner of fund raising on their agenda and basically ignore what their charge was from the new testament...to take care of the poor.

Jesus himself said, 'the poor will be with us always.' And it was to Judus who had ridiculed a woman who had broken open a very expensive vial of perfume for Jesus. Jesus said that her loving action would stand as a monument to her through time. And it has. How many poor from those days whose acceptamce of 'alms' can you cite who are monuments through time? I can think of one, the person Jesus told to "take up your bed and walk. I'm sure there are more he turned into capable people.

What I have seen over the years is that when someone who isn't doing very well joins a church, they adopt the more orderly style of living, and stop wasting their money. They come to be acquainted with people who can help them get to a better place in life. That is far more productive in terms of fighting poverty than giving handouts, although most churches give handouts in astronomical proportions.

You are so hate filled, I have to wonder if you have ever had a near death experience and what you saw. It couldn't have been pretty.

Last edited:
Church of the Nazarene - Offering Resources

"The World Evangelism Fund fuels the Church of the Nazarene’s global mission. Because we can do more working together than we can alone, every church shares a portion of income for the purpose of making Christlike disciples in the nations.

The global mission of the Church of the Nazarene is a strategic undertaking. To accomplish the Great Commission—spreading the gospel and the message of holiness around the world—requires significant funding.

In “self-funded” missions, missionaries must spend valuable time raising their own financial support. They conduct services, take offerings, receive pledges of support, and pray that they are able to raise sufficient funds themselves. Sometimes, their time of service is shortened by lack of resources. Larger churches are visited by more missionaries than they could possibly help, while some smaller churches are overlooked."

Meanwhile nearly a billion people, mostly children starve and/or suffer from malnutrition. All my life I've watched churches promote every manner of fund raising on their agenda and basically ignore what their charge was from the new testament...to take care of the poor.

Jesus himself said, 'the poor will be with us always.' And it was to Judus who had ridiculed a woman who had broken open a very expensive vial of perfume for Jesus. Jesus said that her loving action would stand as a monument to her through time. And it has. How many poor from those days can you cite?

What I have seen over the years is that when someone who isn't doing very well joins a church, they adopt the more orderly style of living, and stop wasting their money. They come to be acquainted with people who can help them get to a better place in life. That is far more productive in terms of fighting poverty than giving handouts, although most churches give handouts in astronomical proportions.

You've got it bad. As a matter of fact you're eat up with it. I helped keep the books in a Baptist church in Tennessee which had over 900 members. I worked on the building committee, was in the Brotherhood, served as an usher some times, worked with RA Boys, visited the sick on Tuesday evenings, prayer meetings on Wednesdays, etc. etc. etc. A modern church is nothing more than a microcosm of American society. Now....if you would like to modify your statement to 10% of the church membership I might agree...otherwise you missed it. Our church had about a hundred members who always tithed and less than that who attended more than one service a week. I was there and lived it for nearly 40 years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back