Churches to GOP: God's plan is not "Exalt the Rich, but Lift the Poor"

Avatar4321 does not want you to know:

(1) that Social Justice is reactionary code talk for "we don't believe in the American social compact and we reject Christian duty

(2) that he does not realize that We the People have been given the power by Constitution to have our government representatives (elected in republican fashion) levy taxes as appropriate

(3) God wants us to serve our fellow man voluntarily and through effective government service

Avatar4321's political philosophy violates Christian principles and republican government.

I really like the topic of this thread.

Only 21st Century Tea Party people seem to think that the lessons of caring for fellow humans given in the Bible only applied in earlier times, and that now being selfish and warlike is a 21st century virtue.

Of course you like the topic. Because rdeans lies feed into your own.

When are you going to understand that helping others must be voluntary or it provides no benefit? When are you going to admit that government attempts to "care" for our fellow man is nothing more than a politicians excuse to burden those they pretend to care for while they usurp power and live off the people? When are you going to admit that opposing oppressive government is caring for our fellow human beings? When are you going to admit that you can oppose government abuse of power and still provide individual compassion and charity as the scriptures teach?

I'm not surprised you don't understand the lessons of the Bible. You've been very clear that you don't believe it and don't study it. Perhaps you should and then you would understand that God wants you to serve your fellow man and not outsource you responsibilities to someone else.

(1) that Social Justice is reactionary code talk for "we don't believe in the American social compact and we reject Christian duty

(2) that he does not realize that We the People have been given the power by Constitution to have our government representatives (elected in republican fashion) levy taxes as appropriate

(3) God wants us to serve our fellow man voluntarily and through effective government service

Avatar4321's political philosophy violates Christian principles and republican government.

Please find one scriptural reference where God tells people to use government power to take from one group of people to give to another. You won't. Because that's not the way God works.

Only 21st Century Tea Party people seem to think that the lessons of caring for fellow humans given in the Bible only applied in earlier times, and that now being selfish and warlike is a 21st century virtue.

When are you going to understand that helping others must be voluntary or it provides no benefit? When are you going to admit that government attempts to "care" for our fellow man is nothing more than a politicians excuse to burden those they pretend to care for while they usurp power and live off the people? When are you going to admit that opposing oppressive government is caring for our fellow human beings? When are you going to admit that you can oppose government abuse of power and still provide individual compassion and charity as the scriptures teach?

I'm not surprised you don't understand the lessons of the Bible. You've been very clear that you don't believe it and don't study it. Perhaps you should and then you would understand that God wants you to serve your fellow man and not outsource you responsibilities to someone else.

You yourself said "Jesus teaches". Seems to me that's "serving your fellow man".

Giving them a little food then saying "beat it" is soothing your own warped conscience. I don't think Jesus and you would see "eye to eye". In fact, I suspect he would "beat your dumb ass with a thorny stick".

You yourself said "Jesus teaches". Seems to me that's "serving your fellow man".

Giving them a little food then saying "beat it" is soothing your own warped conscience. I don't think Jesus and you would see "eye to eye". In fact, I suspect he would "beat your dumb ass with a thorny stick".

Yes serving your fellow man. You seem to be confusing serving your fellow man with, steal from others. You seeom to confuse serving your fellow man with having someone else serve them. You think you can outsource your service to the government and that you are somehow justified before God? You think you are doing service by forcing others to work for others? You think you are doing service when you do absolutely nothing and expect others to do everything?

No one said anything about giving them alittle food and then beat it except you. If you are going to lie, try to atleast base it on reality. They might actually fool some people.

Personally though, Id recommend you repent and start being honest instead of slandering your brethren. Bearing false witness is against the commandments.

When Jesus is telling you, Avatar4321, to serve others, he is commanding you, for starters.

In your own religion's history, Jedidiah M. Grant, during the LDS reformation, informed the bishops to get their interviews done or the the LEO would do it for them.

That was wrong then, it is wrong now. However, We the People,acting as a republican government, have the legal and constitutional and moral right to make such decisions.

Only those who think it is stealing are the ones who only do not understand the Constitution.

The John Birch Society and the likes are not American in principles or values.

Avatar's church is committed to social justice? How do you know that, have you been to it?

BTW, most churches that support social justice are extremely dogmatic and authoritarian. I know you personally support that, but it seems to me that that would conflict with Avatar's personality. He seems to be more of a free spirit type that thinks people should be free to make their own decisions and not have them decreed by a Pope who has forgotten what being a Christian is all about.

You have to understand to premises Jake is using:

1) That social justice isn't communist code language and just means helping the poor. Under that definition, I have no problem with social justice

2) He doesnt see a difference in forcibly taking tax money from the people for the government to redistribute it and with individuals voluntarily lifting the poor with their time, skills, and money. The first, the Church has spoken clearly out against it. The Second, the Church (and I) completely support.

God wants us to serve Him and our fellow men voluntarily. Not by force or compulsion. and He wants us to do it, not outsource our charity to others. True Charity will edify both the giver and the reciever. Which compelled giving doesnt do either.

God also speaks out agressively about robbers in government.

I do understand Jake, he is delusional. I just like poking at him, which is really not fair. I never claimed to be fair though.

I expect better of you Jake, why are you lowering yourself to like the rest of the moronic posters on this board who think it is witty to act stupid?

Look at it this way dean.

You started a thread recently about helping your sister go back to school. Let us say that your ideas about the government being responsible for everyone were fully in force and it turned out that the government decided someone else needed your help more than your sister did. Or, even more likely, they simply decided that they could more efficiently use your money to help multiple people rather than wasting it on the education of a 62 year old woman that would soon be getting Social Security and Medicare anyway. They would step in and take your money, and you would not be able to help her with her dream of going back to school.

Would that upset you?

When Jesus is telling you, Avatar4321, to serve others, he is commanding you, for starters.

You are essentially correct that Jesus does command the people who follow him, but everyone that does that chooses to do so, and they all choose to obey or disobey.

In your own religion's history, Jedidiah M. Grant, during the LDS reformation, informed the bishops to get their interviews done or the the LEO would do it for them.

That was wrong then, it is wrong now.

If that was wrong why bring it up at all?

However, We the People,acting as a republican government, have the legal and constitutional and moral right to make such decisions.

There is where you get it completely wrong. The government has no rights, only people have rights. What the government has is power, and we need to be careful not to let it get too powerful.

Only those who think it is stealing are the ones who only do not understand the Constitution.

A person who actually understood the Constitution would never claim that the government has rights. Does that mean you think that taxes are actually stealing? If it doesn't, you are lying.

The John Birch Society and the likes are not American in principles or values.

Wait a second. Are you trying to say that if 99% of the population were members of the John Birch society they would not have the legal, moral, and constitutional right, acting as a republican government, to impose their values on everyone else? Does that mean that you actually agree with the premise that the government does not have rights? Or does that only apply to things you personally decide are right and proper?

QWB continues to blow up, continues to argue so very poorly, and continues to be a hoot to read.

We the People decide, QWB, not just you.

The JBS has less than a quarter of one percent, and continue to be dead wrong.

Yes, taxation is moral and legal if followed by Constitutional electoral process. That is republican representation, QWB. You don't get that.

You are a hoot. Thanks! :lol:

QWB continues to blow up, continues to argue so very poorly, and continues to be a hoot to read.

We the People decide, QWB, not just you.

The JBS has less than a quarter of one percent, and continue to be dead wrong.

Yes, taxation is moral and legal if followed by Constitutional electoral process. That is republican representation, QWB. You don't get that.

You are a hoot. Thanks! :lol:

That the best you can do?

Forum List

Back