Churches to GOP: God's plan is not "Exalt the Rich, but Lift the Poor"

To those with mystical beliefs, bearing false witness is a sin that will leave you burning in Hell for all eternity.
Obama didn't kill our manned space program, he changed the goal, one you don't like or understand, so you insist he killed it.

The sin is bearing false witness against your neighbor, not lying. Neither is a problem with me, I didn't lie.

Obama has already killed the man space program.

"Imagine trips to Mars that take weeks instead of nearly a year, people fanning out across the inner solar system, exploring the Moon, asteroids and Mars nearly simultaneously in a steady stream of 'firsts," NASA Administrator Charles Bolden told reporters. "And imagine all of this being done collaboratively with nations around the world. That is what the president's plan for NASA will enable, once we develop the new capabilities to make it a reality."

Spaceflight Now | Breaking News | Obama kills moon program, endorses commercial space

Obama's plan is that NASA will magically discover new science, and create new technology, and we will then go back to space.

Some plan.

I defend secret prisons? That makes you a lying sack of shit.

Really?

Tell me that Obama should be brought up on charges for this.

Morning Joe blog - Is the CIA running secret prisons in Somalia?

Or is OK because we are not really in charge, just like Libya was OK because we are not really in charge?

http://mojoe.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/07/19/7112150-is-the-cia-running-

Bush's policies all failed. How is Obama continuing them? Bush let Bin Laden go, Obama got him.

That must be why Obama pulled out of Iraq and Afghanistan, closed Guantanamo, shut down the TSA, refused to extend the PATRIOT ACT, and let the Bush tax cuts lapse.

Wait, he didn't do any of that.

I'm sorry if you can't accept what you obviously are. But that's on you, not me. You need to deal with your own issues. And if you are going to make accusations, prove them but don't lie. Lying is unbecoming.

I can't accept the obvious? The only difference between Obama and Bush is the color of their skin, yet you support one and condemn the other. Can you explain that in any way that does not make you a racist?

I have always believed the heart and soul of a country is how that country takes care of the middle class and the poor. I have made that clear in my posts over and over again.

I also believe that charity does no good. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. I have posted this many times.

That's my position on education.

It's the right wing who wants to screw the elderly and the middle class. How many threads have I started where I asked the right wing what they are doing to support the American Middle Class. Time and again, right wingers say "screw the lazy bastards" in one form or another.

I'm not agreeing with those church leaders. They are agreeing with me.

The middle class do not need to be taken care of, they just need to be left alone.

Come to think of it, we really do not need to take care of the poor, we just need to give them the opportunity to make some money.

Tell me something, why do you keep blaming Republicans for cutting Medicare and Medicaid when Obamacare cuts almost $5 trillion from them and you do not raise a peep about it?

5 trillion? Because it never happened?

It hasn't happened.

Yet.

Altogether, ObamaCare cuts $818 billion from Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) from 2014-2023, the first 10 years of its full implementation, and $3.2 trillion over the first 20 years, 2014-2033. Adding in ObamaCare cuts for Medicare Part B (physicians fees and other services) brings the total cut to $1.05 trillion over the first 10 years and $4.95 trillion over the first 20 years.
These draconian cuts in Medicare payments to doctors, hospitals and other health-care providers that serve America's seniors were the basis for the Congressional Budget Office's official "score"—repeatedly cited by the president—that the health-reform legislation would actually reduce the federal deficit. But Mr. Obama never disclosed how that deficit reduction would actually be achieved.
There will be additional cuts under ObamaCare to Medicare Advantage, the private option to Medicare that close to one-fourth of all seniors have chosen for their coverage under the program because it gives them a better deal. Mr. Foster estimates that 50% of all seniors with Medicare Advantage will lose their plan because of these cuts. Mr. Obama's pledge that "If you like your health plan, you will be able to keep it" clearly does not apply to America's seniors.
Moreover, there will be additional cuts to Medicare adopted by bureaucrats at the Medicare Independent Payment Advisory Board. ObamaCare empowers this board to close Medicare financing gaps by adopting further Medicare cuts that would become effective without any congressional action. Mr. Foster reports that "The Secretary of HHS is required to implement the Board's recommendations unless the statutory process is overridden by new legislation."

Peter Ferrara and Larry Hunter: How ObamaCare Guts Medicare - WSJ.com

To those with mystical beliefs, bearing false witness is a sin that will leave you burning in Hell for all eternity.
Obama didn't kill our manned space program, he changed the goal, one you don't like or understand, so you insist he killed it.

The sin is bearing false witness against your neighbor, not lying. Neither is a problem with me, I didn't lie.

"Imagine trips to Mars that take weeks instead of nearly a year, people fanning out across the inner solar system, exploring the Moon, asteroids and Mars nearly simultaneously in a steady stream of 'firsts," NASA Administrator Charles Bolden told reporters. "And imagine all of this being done collaboratively with nations around the world. That is what the president's plan for NASA will enable, once we develop the new capabilities to make it a reality."

Spaceflight Now | Breaking News | Obama kills moon program, endorses commercial space

Obama's plan is that NASA will magically discover new science, and create new technology, and we will then go back to space.

Some plan.

Really?

Or is OK because we are not really in charge, just like Libya was OK because we are not really in charge?

Bush's policies all failed. How is Obama continuing them? Bush let Bin Laden go, Obama got him.

That must be why Obama pulled out of Iraq and Afghanistan, closed Guantanamo, shut down the TSA, refused to extend the PATRIOT ACT, and let the Bush tax cuts lapse.

I'm sorry if you can't accept what you obviously are. But that's on you, not me. You need to deal with your own issues. And if you are going to make accusations, prove them but don't lie. Lying is unbecoming.

I can't accept the obvious? The only difference between Obama and Bush is the color of their skin, yet you support one and condemn the other. Can you explain that in any way that does not make you a racist?

You are lying again you fucker. Obama did not kill the space program. He expanded it.

Nice deflection though. You are one of the Republicans who want to screw the middle class? Seems that way.

"Bread for the World"?

Why doesn't David Beckmann tell Obama to stop diverting 40% of the US corn crop to an unneeded commodity like ethanol.

Just giving food to people does nothing.

Republicans are so proud of their charity. But it's still charity. Educate people and you have something to be proud of. Only Republicans don't like education.

Has anyone argued otherwise?

Yes, they do. Frequently and right here on this VERY BOARD.

Every time you read some know-nothing's ignorant musings, posts where they're trying to explain to you that the problems in this nation are the fault of the victims of this fibriling economy, what you reading is the apology of the THEIVING CLASS that is running this nation into the ground.

Does anyone think welfare and unemployment uplifts the poor?

If a woman is on welfare the chances of her kids being on welfare is way higher than otherwise.

Last edited:
Oh Bullshit. Christians have historically been on the side of the rich.

Doesn't matter what they say..it matters what they do.

And American Evangelists are even more on the side of the rich then Christians in General.

To you, helping the middle class and the poor is "whoring".

To me, what you do, crawling and kissing the feet of the rich is "whoring".

We just have different views. Since you apparently believe in "mysticism", I would be curious to know the name of your "God". If he were real, I wonder which side he would be on?

First, you shouldn't lie about about QW.

Second, you shouldn't pretend you actually give a damn about the poor. You've already displayed your contempt for those who have less money when you attacked people living in Trailer homes.

Third, you seem completely unable to differentiated between the responsibility to freely give and uplift the poor and the needy and robbing people and giving of their possessions for political power.

Tell me something, why would a person that does not believe in mysticism quote someone who does to make a point? Is it because you have no principles and will whore yourself out to anyone to score political points? Come to think of it, that sounds a bit like someone else who was in the news recently, can you tell me who it was?

What does this have to do with the fact there is a significant dissonance between Christian dogma and conservative political dogma.

The only dissonance exists for those who somehow think that it's Christian doctrine to rob others to help the poor rather than to give voluntarily.

I would recommend learning what Christ teaches. The Gospel is a great place to start. You will soon learn that Christ at no time advocates forcibly removing wealth from one group of people to give to another. In fact, the most important part of Christianity is the willingness to serve God and men without the use of force. The one who likes to force people to do things isn't God, it's the other side.

Tell me something, why would a person that does not believe in mysticism quote someone who does to make a point? Is it because you have no principles and will whore yourself out to anyone to score political points? Come to think of it, that sounds a bit like someone else who was in the news recently, can you tell me who it was?

What does this have to do with the fact there is a significant dissonance between Christian dogma and conservative political dogma.

Good question. I would love to hear the answer.:popcorn:

Anyone?

You shouldn't lie like that. You don't care one wit about the answer. If you did, you'd humbly seek it instead of pretending you already know it. You wouldn't lie about people or what others represent.

You are lying again you fucker. Obama did not kill the space program. He expanded it.

Nice deflection though. You are one of the Republicans who want to screw the middle class? Seems that way.

Last time I checked the definition of expand, it didn't involve pulling back resources for space travel.

"Bread for the World"?

Why doesn't David Beckmann tell Obama to stop diverting 40% of the US corn crop to an unneeded commodity like ethanol.

Just giving food to people does nothing.

Republicans are so proud of their charity. But it's still charity. Educate people and you have something to be proud of. Only Republicans don't like education.

Which, of course, is why rdean doesnt educate himself:)

Oh Bullshit. Christians have historically been on the side of the rich.

Doesn't matter what they say..it matters what they do.

And American Evangelists are even more on the side of the rich then Christians in General.

No. We've been on the side of the free against the side of those who want to opress this people.

Anyone?

The answer is rather simple, Republicans are a coalition. Unlike Democrats, they often disagree about the best way to accomplish their goals, and never vote in lock step.

:eusa_whistle:

Didn't really answer the question. In fact, it demonstrates a remarkable departure from reality. Up until recently Republicans did vote in lock step. Now the party is split. Democrats, often disagree. They were up in arms over Obama proposing cutting social programs just here recently.

None of which has anything to do with "the significant dissonance between Christian dogma and conservative political dogma".

Last time I checked the definition of expand, it didn't involve pulling back resources for space travel.

Budget of NASA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually he has expanded the NASA budget every year he's been in office.

I WISH he'd make an enormous cut to the budget (which is what I'm assuming you mean by use of the word "kill") but that's just not reality.

NASA is a big government program, so of course Obama is going to expand it.

Has anyone argued otherwise?

Apparently rdean seems to think that when we object to using the government for robbery but instead encourage people to give of themselves voluntarily, we are exalting the rich and putting the poor down. However, his reasoning is clearly lacking.

Apparently Avatar4321 does not understand that his church is committed to social justice and that the government has a role in social justice, too.

Apparently Avatar4321 does not believe in King Benjamin's words in Mosiah 4, because everything Avatar4321 posts contradicts Benjamin's directions. They were not suggestions, Avatar4321, they were a king's theocratic government directions to the members of his kingdom.

Avatar4321 has not read David O. McKay, Hugh B. Brown, N. Eldon Tanner, Gordon B. Hinckley and dozens of LDS leaders who teach opposite to Avatar4321.

The church is not out of step, Avatar4321 is out of step.

Some plan.

Really?

How is cancelling the manned space program and totally knocking America out of space expanding anything? If Bush had done the same thing you would have been screaming about how Republicans hate science.

That depends on who does it. If it is a Republican they are doing it bcause they hate science, it it is Obama he is doing it because he is smarter than anyone else on the planet and actually has developed a warp drive so we can get to Mars in weeks instead of months.

You have to remember Libya, the war that would last day, not weeks. I guess us mere mortals get confused when elite intelligences start talking about things.

Anyone?

The answer is rather simple, Republicans are a coalition. Unlike Democrats, they often disagree about the best way to accomplish their goals, and never vote in lock step.

:eusa_whistle:

Didn't really answer the question. In fact, it demonstrates a remarkable departure from reality. Up until recently Republicans did vote in lock step. Now the party is split. Democrats, often disagree. They were up in arms over Obama proposing cutting social programs just here recently.

None of which has anything to do with "the significant dissonance between Christian dogma and conservative political dogma".

Rdean, is that you?

First, it more than answered the question given the source of the question.

Second, the only dissonance between "Christian dogma" and "conservative political dogma" is in the minds of people who do not understand either.

If you look at history you would see that, until recently, no major piece of legislation ever got through Congress without any votes from the other side of the debate. Even the Civil Rights Act had some Democratic votes, and that was considered the single most divisive act that ever passed Congress. There were literally battles in the street over civil rights.

I would love to point out that the only major piece of legislation that did get through congress only with one party voting on it did not result in street violence and vandalism, but you would probably ignore that piece of truth in favor of your sock puppet antics.

I don't know why Democrats are up in arms over Obama cutting social programs, he was elected after repeatedly promising to do just that, and actually succeeded in gutting Medicare and Medicaid in order to keep Obamacare's cost lower than his arbitrary cap on its costs. Why didn't you get up in arms about it before you voted for him?

Budget of NASA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually he has expanded the NASA budget every year he's been in office.

I WISH he'd make an enormous cut to the budget (which is what I'm assuming you mean by use of the word "kill") but that's just not reality.

NASA is a big government program, so of course Obama is going to expand it.

He killed the moon program because we already have the tshirt. He has a gut reflex that forces him to expand budgets, then he can cut them and claim he is saving money.

Forum List

Back