Churches Continue To Travel And Attempt To Change Other Cultures And Customs

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
Just Can't Keep Their Noses Out Of Another Country's Business.

Kinda reminds me of George W. Bush and Iraq.

LDS Church organizes first stake in India | Deseret News

"A significant moment in the international expansion of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints occurred last Sunday when Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the church's Quorum of the Twelve Apostles presided over the creation of the Hyderabad India Stake."

Last edited:
They have missions. They think they're serving the needs of poor people who will go to hell without them.

They have missions. They think they're serving the needs of poor people who will go to hell without them.

If you believe a 2000 year old tale told by ignorant primitives wo believed in witches and thought the earth was flat....which required that you believe them or you will burn in eternal hell I feel sorry for you.

BTW why exactly are you upset that people work to make the lives of others better?

If you believe a 2000 year old tale told by ignorant primitives wo believed in witches and thought the earth was flat....which required that you believe them or you will burn in eternal hell I feel sorry for you.

I watch your posts and wonder how you can continually lie to yourself this way. The greatest science movers and shakers came out of the Catholic Church, but you prefer to revel in your lies.

I did a whole night on it.

But continue old man. You bitter horrid old man.

You have no idea.

I count LDS as serious friends from a really whacked out time in my life. You could not wish for a better friend by your side fighting demons.

Bless their souls. They take it to the max. And they hold you thru thick and thin. LDS are awesome, kind and forever your friends.

I don't get their bible, but I know their hearts and they are amazing. Faith beyond and belief in fellow man I wouldn't put up there myself.

Bless their souls.

Just Can't Keep Their Noses Out Of Another Country's Business.

Kinda reminds me of George W. Bush and Iraq.

LDS Church organizes first stake in India | Deseret News

"A significant moment in the international expansion of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints occurred last Sunday when Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the church's Quorum of the Twelve Apostles presided over the creation of the Hyderabad India Stake."
It is called the great commission. It is what Jesus instructed the disciples and christians to do, spread the word. Oh, I forgot, you are too ignorant to know that.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Get a brain, please.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Get a brain, please.

I don't think it's that he doesnt have a brain. It's that he gets obsessed with issues of religion. Pride can blind alot of people. I know it's blinded me in the past. i bet there are some things I still don't see, but Im glad God is merciful to us.

And He is merciful to us. All of us. Including Cammmpbell. He will always have His arms outstretched to us all.

Even if we reach the point where we destroy ourselves. The Lord will look for any opportunity He has to extend His mercy to us. He will still restore us to life. He will still let us have all the happiness we can bare.

He loved us so much that He sent His Son to atone for us. So both justice and mercy can be satisfied.

There will be a day someday soon when Cammpbell will recognize that Jesus is the Christ and he will be convicted of the fact that he has fought against Him. Let us pray that day is sooner than later so that He might still have time to repent.

I watch your posts and wonder how you can continually lie to yourself this way. The greatest science movers and shakers came out of the Catholic Church, but you prefer to revel in your lies.

I wonder if you know my beliefs and how I arrived at them. I read the book of Mormon before I was 20 years old. I have read the bible from cover to cover and have read the new testament no less than ten times. I was baptized in front of nearly 1000 people on a Sunday morning in 1956. I was in church at least three times a week. We tithed our gross, I taught Sunday school for young adults, I went to nearby towns and gave testimony before congregations in several small churches, I worked with the RA boys, I was a member of the Brotherhood and the building committee and went with others for visitation on Tuesdays. I had most of the new testament committed to memory and could quote it chapter and verse. When time came for me to be drafted the preacher called me into his study and offered to help me get ordained and become a minister. The reason...to keep me from having to leave the church. Guess what...I went to the army.

Churches are small businesses. They get everything tax free. I was going to a church of god in my home town when we moved to the lake after I retired. When the preacher up there realized we weren't attending church he couldn't find our place so he went to the County Sheriff's office and they told him exactly how to find us. When I told him I had a lot of doubts and wasn't going to do anything for a while he turned us over to a church here and then I had to get rid of them. It's money. That's all it is...money. I think the first dollar one of them takes from some old person's social security check or from some widow with little to her name should make them guilty of a misdemeanor and on the second offense I think they should be sent up.

That load of malarky has been passed down from one generation to the next for thousands of years and the people who wrote the new testament...the Jews don't even believe it themselves. When I was in grammer school we started the day with the pledge and the lord's prayer and the teachers assigned each student a bible verse to memorize on Mondays and we recited them back to the class on Fridays. Talk about brainwashing. I'm not just a little perturbed about it I'm on a mission. I have posted on no less than a dozen religious boards or forums and they dread to see me coming. Main reason...I know what's in the bible and I quote it and tell them it's bullshit. I find it next to impossible that intelligent people still believe that a most powerful, caring god turned the only keys to the kingdom over to ignorant, superstitious sheep herders who believed in witchcraft and thought that the earth was flat and never showed himself again.

You really need to read the history of religion and not just the bible. The story about virgin birth, son of god, savior of the world, crucifiction, resurrection etc. was told dozens of times in N. Africa and the middle east thousands of years before the Jewish version. Read about Horus the Egyptian sun god. It's a matter of historical record. and was recorded 3500 years before Jesus allegedly roamed around riding a jackass and telling bare faced lies.

Last edited:

I wonder if you know my beliefs and how I arrived at them. I read the book of Mormon before I was 20 years old. I have read the bible from cover to cover and have read the new testament no less than ten times. I was baptized in front of nearly 1000 people on a Sunday morning in 1956. I was in church at least three times a week. We tithed our gross, I taught Sunday school for young adults, I went to nearby towns and gave testimony before congregations in several small churches, I worked with the RA boys, I was a member of the Brotherhood and the building committee and went with others for visitation on Tuesdays. I had most of the new testament committed to memory and could quote it chapter and verse. When time came for me to be drafted the preacher called me into his study and offered to help me get ordained and become a minister. The reason...to keep me from having to leave the church. Guess what...I went to the army.

Churches are small businesses. They get everything tax free. I was going to a church of god in my home town when we moved to the lake after I retired. When the preacher up there realized we weren't attending church he couldn't find our place so he went to the County Sheriff's office and they told him exactly how to find us. When I told him I had a lot of doubts and wasn't going to do anything for a while he turned us over to a church here and then I had to get rid of them. It's money. That's all it is...money. I think the first dollar one of them takes from some old person's social security check or from some widow with little to her name should make them guilty of a misdemeanor and on the second offense I think they should be sent up.

That load of malarky has been passed down from one generation to the next for thousands of years and the people who wrote the new testament...the Jews don't even believe it themselves. When I was in grammer school we started the day with the pledge and the lord's prayer and the teachers assigned each student a bible verse to memorize on Mondays and we recited them back to the class on Fridays. Talk about brainwashing. I'm not just a little perturbed about it I'm on a mission. I have posted on no less than a dozen religious boards or forums and they dread to see me coming. Main reason...I know what's in the bible and I quote it and tell them it's bullshit. I find it next to impossible that intelligent people still believe that a most powerful, caring god turned the only keys to the kingdom over to ignorant, superstitious sheep herders who believed in witchcraft and thought that the earth was flat and never showed himself again.

You really need to read the history of religion and not just the bible. The story about virgin birth, son of god, savior of the world, crucifiction, resurrection etc. was told dozens of times in N. Africa and the middle east thousands of years before the Jewish version. Read about Horus the Egyptian sun god. It's a matter of historical record. and was recorded 3500 years before Jesus allegedly roamed around riding a jackass and telling bare faced lies.

The Egyptians are descendants of Noah's son Ham who were taught the oral traditions of the Kabbala and made it into their own religion of the Sun god.
So yeah, the North Africans and Middle Eastern people got it first from Noah's descendants,then they turned it into a perversion of the oral Jewish tradition, to suite their own needs. Men in power did this in order the rule over their people.
Sort of like the same gripe you have with money, ruling quite a few of the Christian Churches.

But you are talking religion, not faith. I came to Christ in a Wal Mart parking lot off the TransCanada hwy.:lol: Trust me it's funny.

I wanted to after leaving part of my life behind to come to Christ in a boreal forest or something really cool like at the edge of Jack Fish Lake. Nope. I was sitting in an van with my husband, my dogs and my cats in this parking lot as Katrina hammered New Orleans and my whole life shattered. No religion involved you see.

I was supposed to go to Louisiana and bring my beautiful troop when my life and hopes and dreams were crushed to the core.

But and the key to life really is Psalms, one can wonder at the joy of the Lord while still going "ok this sucks". Where you have a "God I'm not kidding what the hell is going on in my life here" moment.

You are bitter. There is no doubt of that. Your posts seethe with hatred and ugliness. I'm not going to pull a "holier than thou" and say I'll pray for you. I don't understand though your relentless attacks on organized religion. Sometimes, that's all that some folks can hang on to.

What do you want them to do?

Forum List

Back