Church urgers people to vote out Obama

Wow, Texas churches are conservative.

Catholic bishops condemed Ryan's budget plan as "immoral."

I'm LDS and the leaders in SLC have said they are neutral. butt the talk at church during casual conversation is always a hope for the nations first Mormon Pres.
But to the churches credit theres never been anything said from a pulpit.

Sister Simone Campbell, who led the “Nuns on the Bus” tour for social justice this summer, called the GOP budget plan “immoral” in a spirited speech at the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday (Sept. 5).

“Paul Ryan claims this budget reflects the principles of our shared faith,” Campbell said, as she took direct aim at Mitt Romney’s running mate, who has often cited his Catholic faith as the underpinning of his fiscal policies. “But the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops stated that the Ryan budget failed a basic moral test, because it would harm families living in poverty,” she said.

Sister Simone Campbell, ‘Nun from the Bus,’ calls GOP budget ‘immoral’ - The Washington Post

Sister Simone Campbell, who led the “Nuns on the Bus” tour for social justice this summer, called the GOP budget plan “immoral” in a spirited speech at the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday (Sept. 5).

“Paul Ryan claims this budget reflects the principles of our shared faith,” Campbell said, as she took direct aim at Mitt Romney’s running mate, who has often cited his Catholic faith as the underpinning of his fiscal policies. “But the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops stated that the Ryan budget failed a basic moral test, because it would harm families living in poverty,” she said.

Sister Simone Campbell, ‘Nun from the Bus,’ calls GOP budget ‘immoral’ - The Washington Post

No suprise that Mittens and Ryan are out to get those poor people that don't pay their fair share.
Why mittens may not make 20 million next year which is ruious in a rich mans eyes, and we can't have that.

El Paso Catholic church bulletin urges Obama defeat - El Paso Times

Meh, I'm not a fan, I hate when the pastor gets political. I feel like politics shouldnt be encouraged by your boss, or your priest.

The church should stay out of political matters. It shouldn't be telling its members who to vote for.

Churches should be free to say whatever the heck they want against government and politicians. It's Government that needs to get the heck out of Churches.

Of course, if the Church has to spell out precisely who to vote for, you arent paying attention.

Meh, I'm not a fan, I hate when the pastor gets political. I feel like politics shouldnt be encouraged by your boss, or your priest.

The church should stay out of political matters. It shouldn't be telling its members who to vote for.
Maybe unions should also do the same thing.

Maybe corporations should also do the same thing.

Churches should be free to say whatever the heck they want against government and politicians. It's Government that needs to get the heck out of Churches.

Of course, if the Church has to spell out precisely who to vote for, you arent paying attention.

Sorry I'm with Noomie on this,Religion and Politics should never be bed fellows,considering moreover some of your Churches and Religions ??? in the USA.

The problem is Av., if they get into Politics where does it end,they then start to critisize other Religions and then there is a break down and violence in society.....As the past shows.

It is sightly hypocritcal of the Catholic Church considering their treatment of womens issues and children abuse,see it's very easy to critisize,methinks they should spend more time getting their own house in order.just saying.

steve

Last edited:

Churches should be free to say whatever the heck they want against government and government should be free to tell churches to butt out of people's lives when they don't want to hear any of their bullshit.

Why?

This does not make any sense. I see no reason that a church should not be active in their people’s political views nor do I see any reason for the people to follow what their pastor has to say on the subject.

Forum List

Back