Church to burn Qurans on 9/11

saudi-arabia.jpg

I'm not generally in favor of book banning, but if they are doing this as an "in your face" to the idiot Islams that keep putting contracts out on people's lives for drawing Mohammad, writing about him, or naming a bear after him, I'm all in favor of it. Otherwise, it's just stupid.

I've got to disagree here. If something is wrong, it's wrong. Why would the fact that it's an insult to Islam make it all right in just that one case? Do you hate Islam so much that you're willing to abandon principles in order to see Korans burn? When you get to that point, be careful.

Anyone has the right in the US to burn any of their own property whether a Koran, a Bible, a flag, what have you. They also have the right to draw pictures, even offensive pictures that they call images of Mohammad.

Would I do so? No, I think it's offensive, then again there are those that don't mind being offensive and they have the right to be.

Nobody said it's illegal, least of all me. It also shouldn't ever be illegal as long as it stays with private citizens voluntarily destroying their own property. Disgusting speech is still speech. It's asinine, but stupidity isn't illegal either. Whether that should be is more debatable. :lol:

I was commenting on the fact that she said she would be against it in general, but this time she's all for it simply because of who it targets. If she really meant that, to me it's a sign for anybody to stop and think about what they're saying and why.

I'm not generally in favor of book banning, but if they are doing this as an "in your face" to the idiot Islams that keep putting contracts out on people's lives for drawing Mohammad, writing about him, or naming a bear after him, I'm all in favor of it. Otherwise, it's just stupid.

I've got to disagree here. If something is wrong, it's wrong. Why would the fact that it's an insult to Islam make it all right in just that one case? Do you hate Islam so much that you're willing to abandon principles in order to see Korans burn? When you get to that point, be careful.

No, I hate fanatics that would kill people for not "respecting" their religion. To me, it kind of demands disrespect.

If some idiots burned the Bible in front of that Baptist church that pickets soldiers funerals, I wouldn't mind that either, < well, as long as it's not my Bible, they're burning> and I'm a Christian.

Of course, there's always flag burning. Why is it some people have no problems with burning flags, but are all up in arms about burning books?

For many, many years our own libraries would burn books when they no longer needed them rather than give them away or sell them.

We're not talking about burning all books here, or even all the Korans, I don't think it's possible to burn them all, nor should it be done.

In short, I just don't see book burning as the crime so many people see it to be. They're books, there are lots of copies, as long as they paid for them, they can burn them.

Burn the koran, so we can watch the rag heads freak out.

This is just plain stupid. What do they think that breathing in the aroma of burning books will make them smarter. I'd like to tell the pastor of this church that it doesn't work that way. One becomes smarter by reading them even books that one does not agree with.

I hate these kinds of things! They only make Christians out to look like intolerant lib... um assholes.

Immie

I agree with everyone's disgust at their behavior. With that said, they have the right to do so.

I haven't seen anyone dispute their right to do so.

This is just plain stupid. What do they think that breathing in the aroma of burning books will make them smarter. I'd like to tell the pastor of this church that it doesn't work that way. One becomes smarter by reading them even books that one does not agree with.

I hate these kinds of things! They only make Christians out to look like intolerant lib... um assholes.

Immie

I can't understand how anyone things books burning is a sign of superiority or intelligence. Read them. The most you understand them the better you get along.

There is only one being who doesnt want us knowing things or understanding each other. That would be the person Saul Alinsky dedicated his book to.

Immie

I agree with everyone's disgust at their behavior. With that said, they have the right to do so.

Not disagreeing with that whatsoever. I am just exercising my right to think it's stupid, immature and rude.

You know.......I find it really interesting that the response that the followers of Jesus, the Prince of Peace, have to those of the Religion of Peace.................burn their books.

WWJD? I don't think destroying ideas via bonfires would have really been what He would have done.

The Followers of Jesus have been pretty outspoken about how this idea is ridiculous.

yeah, how bright is it to basically give money to something you don't like so you can destroy what you bought:cuckoo:

That's exactly what I was thinking. If I were the publisher/distributer/bookstore owner this would be grand news. Imagine that:

... In a small Muslim bookstore somewhere in Florida...

Ahmed: Mahmoud, a group of radical fundamentalist Christians is going to burn hundreds of Qurans in the City Square!
Mahmoud: That is just terrible news, Ahmed. Those crazy fundamentalist Christians... Insulting the Prophet, and Islam... I do just don't feel safe in this town anymore.
Ahmed: I know. The worst part with this recession climate and all we had to sell them the Prophet's book.
Mahmoud: ... How many did they take?
Ahmed: All of them. Even the nice, expensive ones. Some 1,000 copies... all to be burnt.
Mahmoud: 1,000 COPIES?! WE HAVEN'T EVEN SOLD 1,000 THE WHOLE YEAR! PRAISED BE MOHAMMAD! ALLAHU AKBAR!! WE'RE SAVED!! Quick, call Said, we're heading over to the Christian bookstore to show them a real BBQ.
LOL
as they call the supplier to order MORE
And a dumbass Haji, on another board, sees the spike in Quran sales and posts a long-winded copy/paste thread about how Muslim is the fastest growing religion in the US
:lol:

um, like Muslims dont do things worse

need a reminder about cartoons?

First, look into mirror. Most of you guys are no better then Taliban.
You're analog to TV series a generation Lost.
Pitty, by all the chances, education and wealth you were given by birth.

yeah, sure we are
tell me to look in the mirror when you guys stop the senseless killing of rape victims in every muslim country that still does it

btw, when was the last so called christian killing of innocent people?
and when are you going to openly admit the Armenian genocide?

How on earth do you conclude that we are no better than the Taliban?

yeah, sure we are
tell me to look in the mirror when you guys stop the senseless killing of rape victims in every muslim country that still does it

We live in nation states. Neither can we take responsibility what happens in other countries, nor have different nation-states witnessed same civil society developments.
That's the difference between you and me. You generalize on 1.X billion people across dozens of nation-states, I restrict my observations on nation-state USA.
Just for example, Spain is major contributor through UN initiatives to inter-cultural dialogue. Why should I attest them radicalism like I do to most USA through my observations?

It happens frequently in Afghanistan, and happened abundantly in Iraq.

- You live in shithole, piss ant country
- Without West your country is nothing, 3rd world
- You kill Armenians, Kurds...

blabla. You are not the first one, nor the last one.
Witnessed everything already before.
Why dont you just go into a native Indian preservate, smoke some peace-pipe and after that just shove that peace-pipe up your high-morale ass.

How on earth do you conclude that we are no better than the Taliban?
well, clearly we riot over silly cartoons and we blow up century old statues and kill innocent women in sports stadiums

yeah, sure we are

We live in nation states. Neither can we take responsibility what happens in other countries, nor have different nation-states witnessed same civil society developments.
That's the difference between you and me. You generalize on 1.X billion people across dozens of nation-states, I restrict my observations on nation-state USA.
Just for example, Spain is major contributor through UN initiatives to inter-cultural dialogue. Why should I attest them radicalism like I do to most USA through my observations?

It happens frequently in Afghanistan, and happened abundantly in Iraq.

- You live in shithole, piss ant country
- Without West your country is nothing, 3rd world
- You kill Armenians, Kurds...

blabla. You are not the first one, nor the last one.
Witnessed everything already before.
Why dont you just go into a native Indian preservate, smoke some peace-pipe and after that just shove that peace-pipe up your high-morale ass.
BUILLSHIT
Turks have killed more Kurd and Armenians than America ever could

Forum List

Back