Church & State: "Obama Needs To Stop 'Intruding Into Internal Life Of A Church'...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
So much for this President being a 'Uniter.' He has declared yet another wrong and totally unnecessary War on his own fellow Citizens.

There was a sharp rebuke Wednesday from Cardinal-designate Timothy Dolan that put even more pressure on the president to calm a widening election year uproar. The issue at hand was the president’s insistence that Catholic institutions provide free birth control to their employees.

Dolan came to the South Bronx to bless a library, but he had no blessings — just harsh words — for President Barack Obama, who wants Catholic institutions to pay for birth control, the morning after pill and other services for people who work for them.

The federal government should do what it’s traditionally done since July 4, 1776, namely back out of intruding into the internal life of a church,” Dolan told CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer.

The leader of the New York Archdiocese picked up support from Speaker John Boehner, who said either Obama reverses the policy or the House will.

“The federal government has drifted dangerously beyond its constitutional boundaries. This attack by the federal government on religious freedom in our country must not stand and will not stand,” Boehner said.

The attacks left the White House foundering. It wants to find some way to calm Catholic opposition, but will not back down on the policy, itself.

“I want to be clear today that the commitment to insuring the women have access to these important health care services remains very strong,” Press Secretary Jay Carney said.

And there are many others who are falling into line behind the president, including New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand and New Jersey Sen. Frank Lautenberg, reports CBS 2′s Hazel Sanchez.

“The power to decide whether or not to use contraception lies with a woman, not her boss,” Sen. Gillibrand said.

Read More:
Cardinal-Designate Timothy Dolan: President Barack Obama Needs To Stop 'Intruding Into Internal Life Of Church' « CBS New York

Last edited:
Therefore, birth control is proper with God if doing so out of what is best for the family and each mate's capability as long as it is based on love.

God Himself made the birth cycle in a woman where she can only become pregnant when she ovulates. God therefore gives us an example of birth control (she can only be pregnant at certain times of the month).
What does the Bible teach about BIRTH CONTROL?

"we are partners with God in matters of life and death" -- Obama

Can you imagine the damage this guy will do if reelected, this is how he acts NOW when he's facing a tough defeat

So much for this President being a 'Uniter.' He has declared yet another wrong and totally unnecessary War on his own fellow Citizens.

There was a sharp rebuke Wednesday from Cardinal-designate Timothy Dolan that put even more pressure on the president to calm a widening election year uproar. The issue at hand was the president’s insistence that Catholic institutions provide free birth control to their employees.

Dolan came to the South Bronx to bless a library, but he had no blessings — just harsh words — for President Barack Obama, who wants Catholic institutions to pay for birth control, the morning after pill and other services for people who work for them.

The federal government should do what it’s traditionally done since July 4, 1776, namely back out of intruding into the internal life of a church,” Dolan told CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer.

The leader of the New York Archdiocese picked up support from Speaker John Boehner, who said either Obama reverses the policy or the House will.

“The federal government has drifted dangerously beyond its constitutional boundaries. This attack by the federal government on religious freedom in our country must not stand and will not stand,” Boehner said.

The attacks left the White House foundering. It wants to find some way to calm Catholic opposition, but will not back down on the policy, itself.

“I want to be clear today that the commitment to insuring the women have access to these important health care services remains very strong,” Press Secretary Jay Carney said.

And there are many others who are falling into line behind the president, including New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand and New Jersey Sen. Frank Lautenberg, reports CBS 2′s Hazel Sanchez.

“The power to decide whether or not to use contraception lies with a woman, not her boss,” Sen. Gillibrand said.

Read More:
Cardinal-Designate Timothy Dolan: President Barack Obama Needs To Stop 'Intruding Into Internal Life Of Church' « CBS New York

If you want a president that will lay down and roll over with tread marks and foot prints on his back, it is not Obama. He does the best thing even if it is not the popular thing. He tried compromising and uniting and got his ass kicked.
Uniter in right wing rhetoric means a P****.

Can you imagine the damage this guy will do if reelected, this is how he acts NOW when he's facing a tough defeat

For a wondeful 'Uniter', he sure has declared a whole lot of Wars on his own People. It's very sad but it is the Saul Alinsky 'Community Organizer' way. :(

If the administration doesn't back down from this November will be a U-Haul month in DC...

Therefore, birth control is proper with God if doing so out of what is best for the family and each mate's capability as long as it is based on love.

God Himself made the birth cycle in a woman where she can only become pregnant when she ovulates. God therefore gives us an example of birth control (she can only be pregnant at certain times of the month).
What does the Bible teach about BIRTH CONTROL?

....so why not just let nature be.....?

are abortions (including the morning after pill and partial birth abortions) proper with God....?

oh wait a minute......you probably consider "Obama the Messiah" to be your god....:eusa_whistle:

obama-messiah.jpg

Last edited:
If the administration doesn't back down from this November will be a U-Haul month in DC...

He'll back down eventually. But then he'll claim he solved the problem he himself created. It's straight out of the Saul Alinsky 'Rules for Radicals' handbook. This guy is no 'Uniter.'

:eusa_hand:

You act like obama created birth control and abortions.:cuckoo:

The guy you're fluffing has no respect for anything, not for our institutions, not for our history not for our freedoms not for how hard we work. He's done more lasting damage than a Soviet nuclear strike.

It is so funny how the right is trying so despirately to stur up the base with this religious nonsense.

I checked my email this morning and my right wing buddy was all fired up about this.

I say we remove the churches tax exempt status for playing politics.

It is so funny how the right is trying so despirately to stur up the base with this religious nonsense.

I checked my email this morning and my right wing buddy was all fired up about this.

I say we remove the churches tax exempt status for playing politics.

i say we kick out Obama the Messiah for playing god....

Forum List

Back