Church refuses to hold funeral for gay man

Yes it is factually accurate... No Christian church can condone homosexual sex and be taken seriously in the eyes of other Christian denominations...

are you saying that gay men and women can never have funerals in any Christian church?

I wouldnt waist my time reading or give credence to anything found on a website named bibliclenonsesense...

I'm sure you get a very fair and balanced report from such a rediculous source..

The simple fact that some people find piss poor biased sources like this credible is unbelievable..

Perhaps I could have used a less biased web site.
Yet, it did help he find the scriptures in question.

are you saying that gay men and women can never have funerals in any Christian church?

Hi MM, how are you today?

No of course I'm not...

I'm saying a christian church can not condone homosexuality...

I believe if the family was going to condemn his behavior at the service things may have worked out differently with the church, but they werent, they were going to celebrate it, and as a result the church did exactly what it should of done...

The Liberals however disagree... go figure.

]Why shoul I have to hear about it at church?
missed the part where you were forced to attend. Please give me the post number that indicated such

Then you shouldnt even be posting on this thread or any topic involving Christianity.

am a devout Christian. I am a deacon at my church. I routinely preach when the ordained minister is on vacation. I can see no reason why a church would not allow such a service...but as I said earlier...if one church does, the family has many other options to chose from, unless they are in the heart of Dixie.

Yes it is factually accurate... No Christian church can condone homosexual sex and be taken seriously in the eyes of other Christian denominations...

Each church has its translation, interpretation of the translation, and emphasis. Some churches have women as leaders. Some churches interpret passages differently. In my opinion, you can’t logically have an absolutely line-by-line literal interpretation of the Bible. A church might condone homosexuality and be taken seriously by another church. A church might oppose homosexuality and be taken seriously by another church. Baptist churches believe this and focus on this. Catholics focus on that. Pentecostals emphasize this. Just look at this list of different denominations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations

See this resource for gay friendly churches.

http://gaylife.about.com/od/religion/a/gaychurch.htm

http://www.gaychurch.org/Find_a_Church/united_states/united_states.htm

]Why shoul I have to hear about it at church?
missed the part where you were forced to attend. Please give me the post number that indicated such

Then you shouldnt even be posting on this thread or any topic involving Christianity.

am a devout Christian. I am a deacon at my church. I routinely preach when the ordained minister is on vacation. I can see no reason why a church would not allow such a service...but as I said earlier...if one church does, the family has many other options to chose from, unless they are in the heart of Dixie.

That post wasnt directed at you... Why would you make it appear so?

devout Christians are pro life... I'm confused...

Hi MM, how are you today?

No of course I'm not...

I'm saying a christian church can not condone homosexuality...

I believe if the family was going to condemn his behavior at the service things may have worked out differently with the church, but they werent, they were going to celebrate it, and as a result the church did exactly what it should of done...

The Liberals however disagree... go figure.

There would be no need to condemn his behavior. However the obvious celebration, photos and memories ABOUT homosexual activity are what caused the problem. That church does not condone nor approve of homosexual relationships or behavior. To have allowed a service that seemed bent on not only mentioning it but celebrating it was beyond what the church could condone.

The family made a conscious decision to force the hand of the church. They even knew what was going to happen by demanding they run the entire affair, knowing the church would never agree. I suspect it was a publicity stunt. There is NO way the members of the family that were members of the Church would not know the feelings and opinions of said church on that life style.

and you think this comes as a surprise to anyone?

Devout Christians are not automatically 'pro-life'

you are INDEED confused...

and you are indeed a spineless asshole.

Then dont use the word devout. Christian churches are clear on the subject...

I wonder what your pastor would think?

Your a hypocrite not a devout Christian...

Men that kill little children can be referred to as spineless... Were you looking in the mirror when typing that sentence?

There would be no need to condemn his behavior. However the obvious celebration, photos and memories ABOUT homosexual activity are what caused the problem. That church does not condone nor approve of homosexual relationships or behavior. To have allowed a service that seemed bent on not only mentioning it but celebrating it was beyond what the church could condone.

The family made a conscious decision to force the hand of the church. They even knew what was going to happen by demanding they run the entire affair, knowing the church would never agree. I suspect it was a publicity stunt. There is NO way the members of the family that were members of the Church would not know the feelings and opinions of said church on that life style.

Thank you... Well put..

What do you suppose JESUS meant when he said it would be better for a man to have never been born than to hurt one of his little ones...

For a deacon you not to well versed...

Sound like more of MM's typical BS:rofl:

the claim was ..... "all sins are the same" ....

And who decides the hierarchy of sins?

baker asked for forgiveness and renounced his sins....

And you believe he was sincere?

are you claiming this gay mans family was going to ask for forgiveness for being gay and renounce being gay?

Why would they? I claim only that they wanted to bury a loved family member. Certainly, it's within the church's right...that doesn't make it moral.

the what would jesus do argument....damn that is trite....

Yeah...sucks when people are asked to live up to the actual tenets of their professed beliefs.

i say jc would not have churches as billion dollar businesses so we would not be discussing this.....

Agreed.

seems both sides are preaching hatred....hazzards of competing for the moral high ground....

I only see one side hating. It's fair to call hatred for what it is.

any church can do as it wishes ....

Absolutely. Again, it doesn't make what they're doing right.

And where in the article does it say homosexuality would be praised?

Its their right to do this, but it is also highly fucked up. Everyone deserves a funeral, whether you agree or disagree with how they lived their life. They are dead now, have a little bit of fucking respect.

Two issues:

One, you're right, he's dead. The "respect" you demand is for the living. The dead don't give a damn.

Two, find a place that has no objection to performing services for homosexuals.

Two issues:

One, you're right, he's dead. The "respect" you demand is for the living. The dead don't give a damn.

No, actually you respect the dead because the living care.

Two, find a place that has no objection to performing services for homosexuals.

Thats what they did.

Then dont use the word devout. Christian churches are clear on the subject...

I wonder what your pastor would think?

Your a hypocrite not a devout Christian...

Men that kill little children can be referred to as spineless... Were you looking in the mirror when typing that sentence?

my church not only condones and forgives gay members, they ordain gay clergy. I am sure that my pastor has no problem with it at all. And my church is the most rock solid of mainline protestant denominations.... there are congregational churches scattered all over new england....

no. I have never killed any children, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

You, however, HAVE threatened to "rip my life apart" because of a disagreement on an internet chat site.... "devout" would obviously not apply to you and "spineless" certainly would.

Forum List

Back