Church Group Wants U.N. to Take Over Iraq

N

NewGuy

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,119566,00.html

A national religious group representing 36 Protestant and Orthodox denominations said Tuesday that U.S. foreign policy is "dangerous" and urged President Bush to turn over authority in Iraq to the United Nations.

The National Council of Churches (search), which has been highly critical of the war, acknowledged that Christians disagree on the issue, but said that giving control to the U.N. was the only way to create "lasting peace."

More at the link provided.

Anyone else smell what this means?

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
they couldn't do anything effective the first time...what makes this group think that the UN will be any different if there is another chance? They are SO naive.

The issue is not what they want, but the fact THEY WANT IT.

When your religous faiths all band together looking for a leader who can bring peace and security, ESPECIALLY looking to an intenational conglomorate, you have trouble.

I hate to sound like RWA, but the National Council of Churches would be more aptly named the National Council of Liberal Protestant Churches. That seems to be their real agenda - pushing the liberal Protestant line.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
I hate to sound like RWA, but the National Council of Churches would be more aptly named the National Council of Liberal Protestant Churches. That seems to be their real agenda - pushing the liberal Protestant line.

Agreed.

...It means that religious leaders more concerned with walking the walk are make their voices heard above the jackass braying of the religious right, who seem to be wholly ignorant of the teachings of their avowed religion.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
...It means that religious leaders more concerned with walking the walk are make their voices heard above the jackass braying of the religious right, who seem to be wholly ignorant of the teachings of their avowed religion.

I have a feeling that you have just set New Guy off and running.

:laugh:

Last I checked, the democrats were jack-asses.

The republicans were the elephants.

Originally posted by Reilly
I have a feeling that you have just set New Guy off and running.

Nah. Have to consider the source. The post speaks for its self.

And when you speak, it is all sound and fury...Signifying nothing. Rather like the braying of an ass.
:clap1:

And you're basing this on all those parts of the Bible where Jesus spoke about tolerating evil?

"Turn the other cheek" does not mean 'don't defend yourself against the forces of human evil.'

Forum List

Back