Church goes against Israel

The Irish Ram

LITTLE GIRL / Ram Tough
Apr 10, 2011
diagonally parked in a parallel universe
If you are a member of this politically correct church, you may want to rethink your membership.

They want Israel to give away their land and 1/2 of their capital to terrorists. And that makes them diametrically opposed to God, and Christ who intends to live among the Jews, in Jerusalem, in Israel. Don't rewrite the borders of Israel. Reread the Bible, and what God says about those who force Israel into accepting a peace treaty with the terrorist Hamas.
Don't condone this with tithes. Instead, fill their baskets with scripture concerning Christ and Israel.

NEW YORK (AP) -- The United Church of Christ has voted to divest from companies with business in the Israeli-occupied Palestinian territories.

The Ohio-based denomination endorsed the action on a vote of 508-124 with 38 abstentions during a national meeting in Cleveland.

The liberal Protestant group is the latest to take such action. Last year, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) voted to sell stock in a few companies whose products are used by Israel in the territories.

The United Church of Christ resolution was broader. Delegates are calling on the denomination's financial arms to sell off stock in any company profiting from what the church called human rights violations arising from the occupation. The church also voted to boycott products made in the territories.

Only reason Christians are pro-Israel is they want the Rapture to occur which requires more Jews to be in Israel. Most realize according to Jewish theology they're no different than any startup cult and in the same boat as Mormons and Muslims insofar as what God thinks of them. So you'll excuse me if I don't miss people who support me and my friends since they just want the end of the world.

If you are a member of this politically correct church, you may want to rethink your membership.

They want Israel to give away their land and 1/2 of their capital to terrorists. And that makes them diametrically opposed to God, and Christ who intends to live among the Jews, in Jerusalem, in Israel. Don't rewrite the borders of Israel. Reread the Bible, and what God says about those who force Israel into accepting a peace treaty with the terrorist Hamas.
Don't condone this with tithes. Instead, fill their baskets with scripture concerning Christ and Israel.

NEW YORK (AP) -- The United Church of Christ has voted to divest from companies with business in the Israeli-occupied Palestinian territories.

The Ohio-based denomination endorsed the action on a vote of 508-124 with 38 abstentions during a national meeting in Cleveland.

The liberal Protestant group is the latest to take such action. Last year, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) voted to sell stock in a few companies whose products are used by Israel in the territories.

The United Church of Christ resolution was broader. Delegates are calling on the denomination's financial arms to sell off stock in any company profiting from what the church called human rights violations arising from the occupation. The church also voted to boycott products made in the territories.
Good for that church........ :thup:

Only reason Christians are pro-Israel is they want the Rapture to occur which requires more Jews to be in Israel. Most realize according to Jewish theology they're no different than any startup cult and in the same boat as Mormons and Muslims insofar as what God thinks of them. So you'll excuse me if I don't miss people who support me and my friends since they just want the end of the world.
Seems everything you say is demagoguery at best. Find a sect that supports your claim and lay it on the whole movement. Lame.

Half the world's Christians are Catholic and none of them believe in a rapture. Not sure how many protestants do either, but irrespective of that, Christianity's love for Israel is out of fairness and historical truths. And a sorrowful history of persecuting their brothers. It is the secular media and timid governments who capitulate to Islamic designs and lies.

if they have investments with companies that do business with Israel, it might be a hamster bite to the companies and a mosquito bite to Israel, but the biggest hit will be to the church revenues.
Of their 4 billion in total assets, how much would they actually be divesting? 2-3%. It is not like they would have all their eggs in one basket.
You think they will be investing in PA since they can't even form a unity government? Israel invest in the WB to create jobs for palestinians. Arab states won't even give fund promised to the PA because they have no faith.
What will palestinians really have without Israeli high paying jobs? Have the pay, or less, if they could find a job at all?

They may believe what they wish, but I think it's shortsighted to oppose the Lord's work in gathering Judah back to the middle east. The land has been dedicated by an apostle for the gathering of the house of Israel. It's going to continue happening.

Forum List

Back