Church Gathers Army of Volunteers to Help Those Stranded by Deadly California Fires

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
cawilfires_hdv.jpg

While the celebrities and pols bicker over who’s to blame or who’s going to pay for what, church members suck it up and offer love and care to those in need. What a shame more aren’t doing the same.

The church has been flooded with countless donations and Pastor Ron Zimmer says the number of supplies they have received is growing at "every moment."

A YouTube video shows dozens of cases of water, clothes, shoes, and other aid. Comcast is also proving wifi and television service for the families stranded in the shelter.

"If you're displaced we have water, food, clothing, blankets, pillows. Anything that you need, you can get it here so come on down," Simmer says in the video.

The church even has enough room and food for peoples' pet dogs.

More @ 'Everybody's Come Together': Church Gathers Army of Volunteers to Help Those Stranded by Deadly California Fires

This is a wonderful thing, and one hopes that the tribulations will be softened by these acts of kindness. Also, one hopes that the generosity will be managed properly, for optimum benefit, while these people figure out what the fuck they are going to do for the short, mid, and long-term future.

I always wonder why more people don't pay the extra money to build fireproof homes (or flood-proof homes, or wind-resistant homes, etc). Thomas Edison developed house plans and processes to build poured-concrete houses with flame-proof roofs, almost a hundred years ago. You look at the burned out neighborhoods in the newsreels and one conspicuous thing is the standing fireplaces, all brick.

So why did god burn the whole place to start with?

It's likely you don't even believe in God. So why blame him for the actions of people? Seems disingenuous.
God could have made it rain heavily, he did for a flood once already.
God could have replaced all the forests and flammable vegetation in California with asbestos ground cover too.

Once more if you don't believe in God, then why blame a fictional being for the actions of your fellow human beings?
Disingenuous bullshit.

It's likely you don't even believe in God. So why blame him for the actions of people? Seems disingenuous.
God could have replaced all the forests and flammable vegetation in California with asbestos ground cover too.

Once more if you don't believe in God, then why blame a fictional being for the actions of your fellow human beings?
Disingenuous bullshit.
I'm trying to believe, but a lot of stuff just doesn't make any sense. God wants us to love it, but let's whole counties burn, never mind all the deformed babies and cancer...

Disingenuous bullshit.
I'm trying to believe, but a lot of stuff just doesn't make any sense. God wants us to love it, but let's whole counties burn, never mind all the deformed babies and cancer...
I feel for your existential angst and confusion. It would help if you start by being honest with yourself.
Why blame a mythical being for biology and the natural tendency of cells to mutate and grow out of control?
Either God is in control or he's not. Start there, grasshopper.

And if God did eliminate destructive fires and diseases and life was absolutely free of pain, disease and conflict what would be the point of life itself? Life would be a sterile blank
state of being like "living" your time on earth in a drugged thorazine haze.

Here's an idea: Stop thinking and behaving like a child where you want to be always safe, secure and taken care of with no conflicts at all in your life.
Life can be horrific and it can be beautiful too. Let's see you do something about it.
I'm sorry you'd prefer to be taken care of like an infant, by a being you don't even believe in. Can you see perhaps how idiotic your whining is?

Last edited:

Disingenuous bullshit.
I feel for your existential angst and confusion. It would help if you start by being honest with yourself.
Why blame a mythical being for biology and the natural tendency of cells to mutate and grow out of control?

And if God did eliminate destructive fires and diseases and life was absolutely free of pain, disease and conflict what would be the point of life itself? Life would be a sterile blank

Here's an idea: Stop thinking and behaving like a child where you want to be always safe, secure and taken care of with no conflicts at all in your life.
Life can be horrific and it can be beautiful too. Let's see you do something about it.
I'm sorry you'd prefer to be taken care of like an infant, by a being you don't even believe in. Can you see perhaps how idiotic your whining is?
I'm just asking WHY put so many bad things in this universe? What was his reason? Because heaven is supposed to be utopic, so I know god can do it.

We're not buying religious bias smuggled into this thread. Theology has much adept experience with opportunisms such as this. It's an immediate theft of what the Tin Man always already has, and the dipshit theologian knows it There are plenty of atheists who would do the same thing. In fact, what we're looking for is a theologian who knows anything about ecology, conservation, and fire protection, the parameters that actually caused the fire.

But if life was free of pain, a god who exists outside of time is also an arrogant, selfish impossibility. A god, if there is any, is necessarily mortal.

Disingenuous bullshit.

I'm just asking WHY put so many bad things in this universe? What was his reason? Because heaven is supposed to be utopic, so I know god can do it.
Good question. Life is the blink of an eye in comparison to the eternity afterwards.
Some people live tragic lives. Some people lead pretty happy lives. Make the best you can out of this life.
If your life is good try to help someone else.

I'm very certain there is a "god", for lack of a better word, because I can see in the endless universe his handiwork all around me. Your intentions count for everything so just try the best you can and don't worry about questions you can never answer. No go and sin no more
by being so disingenuous.

But if life was free of pain, a god who exists outside of time is also an arrogant, selfish impossibility. A god, if there is any, is necessarily mortal.
So you blame and condemn an entity you don't even believe in. How ridiculous is that?

Disingenuous bullshit.

Good question. Life is the blink of an eye in comparison to the eternity afterwards.
Some people live tragic lives. Some people lead pretty happy lives. Make the best you can out of this life.
If your life is good try to help someone else.

I'm very certain there is a "god", for lack of a better word, because I can see in the endless universe his handiwork all around me. Your intentions count for everything so just try the best you can and don't worry about questions you can never answer. No go and sin no more
by being so disingenuous.
Jesus already died on the cross for my sins, so that bill is already paid.

Forum List

Back