Church, Cathedral

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Bonjour, bring some picture of Church, Cathedral.
I start with The oldest photo of Notre Dame de Paris the funeral of the Duke of Orleans in 1842 a daguerreotype.

oo45.jpg

I hope to visit Lourdes someday.
Lourdes-optim.jpg
I never went visit but it is a unique place that has the reputation of inexplicable healing.
The healings of Lourdes which are considered miraculous by the Catholic Church, from the first in 1858 to 2018, are 70 recognized and a healing declared remarkable but not miraculous over more than 7000 considered unexplained. For a cure to be recognized as miraculous by the Catholic Church, a group of physicians must declare it complete, durable, and "inexplicable in the present state of medical knowledge," and then declared by a bishop to be miraculous. These miracles are attributed to the Virgin Mary, and have helped to make sanctuaries of Our Lady of Lourdes an important center of pilgrimage.

800px-France-002009_-_Our_Lady_of_Lourdes_%2815774765182%29.jpg

I hope to visit Lourdes someday.
Lourdes-optim.jpg
I never went visit but it is a unique place that has the reputation of inexplicable healing.
The healings of Lourdes which are considered miraculous by the Catholic Church, from the first in 1858 to 2018, are 70 recognized and a healing declared remarkable but not miraculous over more than 7000 considered unexplained. For a cure to be recognized as miraculous by the Catholic Church, a group of physicians must declare it complete, durable, and "inexplicable in the present state of medical knowledge," and then declared by a bishop to be miraculous. These miracles are attributed to the Virgin Mary, and have helped to make sanctuaries of Our Lady of Lourdes an important center of pilgrimage.

800px-France-002009_-_Our_Lady_of_Lourdes_%2815774765182%29.jpg
I know a woman who was cured of cancer when she bathed there.

Would that be the belief that people would heal? Louis X1V would have had the power to heal , The king touches you, God heals you.

arton51201-e0f8e.jpg

Would that be the belief that people would heal? Louis X1V would have had the power to heal , The king touches you, God heals you.

arton51201-e0f8e.jpg

I don't know about King Louis XIV, but our Blessed Mother is powerful.
I was told there are crutches that people left behind lining the walls at Lourdes.

It's a wonderful place, we live in Lyon but we have another house in Normandy , I love Normandy this is the place I love most in France:)

ShrineoftheLittleFlowerRPC.jpg

Shrine of the Little Flower in Royal Oak, Michigan. Art Deco features, altar in center of the church...

1280px-National_Shrine_of_the_Little_Flower_%28Royal_Oak%2C_MI%29_-_nave%2C_view_from_balcony.jpg

Forum List

Back