Church and State?

&

☭proletarian☭

If they're separate, why does one acquire a letter of good standing from a recognized Church to marry people? Why do religious ceremonies from certain religions get State recognition as legally binding marriages?

The answer is a bunch of progressives around the turn of the century decided to regulate our private lives so they insisted that we obtain a marriage license in order to get government tax benefits. I be pretty happy if the state just kept out of the affairs of my local religion and not issue any kind of marriage license whatsoever but then gays would have no way to get married so the freedom loving 'liberal' will keep insisting that government control another aspect of our lives.

The answer is a bunch of progressives around the turn of the century decided to regulate our private lives so they insisted that we obtain a marriage license in order to get government tax benefits. I be pretty happy if the state just kept out of the affairs of my local religion and not issue any kind of marriage license whatsoever but then gays would have no way to get married so the freedom loving 'liberal' will keep insisting that government control another aspect of our lives.

Youre thinking way too hard buddy.

Forum List

Back