Chupacabra found alive in Texas?

Chupacabra found alive in Texas?

I think Taco Bell serves chupacabras. They taste ok with enough picante sauce.

Vets told him to apparently. Sarcoptic. They were keeping the baby alive and giving it food and water. Don't make them out to be evil when they were not. The family crated it. And took care of it.

Just because some people are simple doesn't mean they are cruel. You are really one bigotted mother fucker luddley.

[MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION]

As usual, you're wrong.

IF that is (a) a wild animal and (b) has mange, dipping and release would not be humane. The animal would spread the mites before dying a slow and horrible death.

I still say it looks like hairless raccoon but I could be wrong.

Dear [MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=32558]Luddly Neddite[/MENTION]
this reminds me of the overwhelmed animal shelters and rescues.
even those with pure compassion for all animals cannot always save them all.
many animals are put to death from sheer lack of resources and ability to
coordinate to adopt them out to people who could care for them.

like this poor mangy raccoon, I have friends who would rescue abandoned
boas and other reptiles. They had to quit taking iguanas just because the
demand was too high and the care to save them requires more than they can provide.

They know that rejecting these animals means they will die.

It's easy to judge that 'someone' should do this or that to save the animals,
in this case, manged raccoons with possibly other diseases and issues.

It's different if you or I have to adopt the animal and do what it takes to save it.

unless there are enough resources and people to provide the services and care
necessary, of course we are going to see animals put to death when it wasn't impossible to save them.
that is not something to judge people for, but to judge the compromising circumstances.

If you want to save more animals, find the rescues and shelters that are no-kill,
and donate and promote those groups. We need more of them.
Yes, there are groups that take care of wildlife. but their resources and staff
are limited also, and even the best ones cannot save all animals.
I have nothing but respect for the people who try, but can't judge or blame the many cases that fail.

Wildlife Center of Texas
Here is the nonprofit Wildlife rescue that took in an abandoned
baby grey squirrel my boyfriend found on the ground at home,
and a baby mockingbird that fell out of a nest outside my workplace.
The fact they would take care of such tiny creatures other people would just let die,
was very touching. If we had more places like this, and got more support to fund
training and jobs, we could be saving more of the environment and endangered
species instead of destroying wilderness and wildlife for convenience.
these people who work there are so dedicated and caring, it is truly humbling!

[MENTION=22295]emilynghiem[/MENTION]

I don't generally read your posts but because of teh subject matter, I did read all of this one and you are absolutely correct.

As you know, I have done rescue and wildlife rehab for more than 40 years. I have fostered literally hundreds and hundreds of both domestic and wild animals and I'm licensed by the federal govt to keep and rehab raptors, songbirds, mammals and reptiles. Back in the 70s, for a few months, I even had a license to be a Colorado state park. That was just a way of filling a legal loophole and doubt that would be possible now.

For those who care about animals, I urge you to volunteer in some way or another. You can foster kittens and puppies, you can volunteer at a shelter to clean cages or just walk dogs and handle the puppies and kittens to socialize them.

If you're interested in wild animals, there's a huge need for rehabbers. Check with your state's Game & Fish, Fish and Wildlife , humane society, wildlife agency to find out what the legal requirements are for your state. Usually, you work as an apprentice and then take a series of exams to become licensed. Without a license, it is against the law to keep all but two species of birds and some mammals in captivity.

Thanks very much for posting this Emily.

The a-hole realized there was no money to be made so he killed it

Just a heads up. Vets told him to. As it is from what I am gathering now they have to disinfect everything and pray.

It's a bad deal if that coon had sarcoptic.

Sarcoptic mange
Sarcoptic mange, also known as canine scabies, is a highly contagious infestation of Sarcoptes scabiei canis, a burrowing mite.

The canine sarcoptic mite can also infest cats, pigs, horses, sheep, and various other species. The human analog of burrowing mite infection, due to a closely related species, is called scabies (the "seven year itch").

Mange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

220px-Street_dog-Gianyar_Bali-2009.jpeg

I just noticed this.

You really confuse easily.

It was a pity but they had to put that poor baby racoon down. My Jim Dandy (my catahoula a few years back) had demodectic. I'm telling you. Waiting for the scrapings to be tested and waiting for the results were agonizing.

We prayed so hard he didn't have sarcoptic. I swear it would have killed me to euthanize him. Apart from being my foundation sire he was without a doubt the most adorable beastie who has graced my life.

And I have been blessed by so many. But he was my soul buddy.

Re: sarcoptic. I know that there are treatments available. To have treated this racoon would be no guarantee of a recurrence and would have put so many others at risk in the wild.

We do what we can n'est-ce pas?

Last edited:
Just a heads up. Vets told him to. As it is from what I am gathering now they have to disinfect everything and pray.

It's a bad deal if that coon had sarcoptic.

Sarcoptic mange
Sarcoptic mange, also known as canine scabies, is a highly contagious infestation of Sarcoptes scabiei canis, a burrowing mite.

The canine sarcoptic mite can also infest cats, pigs, horses, sheep, and various other species. The human analog of burrowing mite infection, due to a closely related species, is called scabies (the "seven year itch").

Mange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

220px-Street_dog-Gianyar_Bali-2009.jpeg

I just noticed this.

You really confuse easily.

It was a pity but they had to put that poor baby racoon down. My Jim Dandy (my catahoula a few years back) had demodectic. I'm telling you. Waiting for the scrapings to be tested and waiting for the results were agonizing.

We prayed so hard he didn't have sarcoptic. I swear it would have killed me to euthanize him. Apart from being my foundation sire he was without a doubt the most adorable beastie who has graced my life.

And I have been blessed by so many. But he was my soul buddy.

Re: sarcoptic. I know that there are treatments available. To have treated this racoon would be no guarantee of a recurrence and would have put so many others at risk in the wild.

We do what we can n'est-ce pas?

Thank you for admitting you were wrong.

Forum List

Back