Chuck Schumer Caved to Facebook and Donald Trump. He Shouldn’t Lead Senate Democrats.

The democrats have become just as repulsive as their under the table cousins, the republicans. Just as Pelosi needs to be replaced, so especially does Schumer. Small wonder I quit the democrats about eight years ago and become independent.

Schumer has consistently been a tool of the Likudnik lobby and the financial industries. So, there's no surprise in any of this. Of course, every phrase in the article beginning with "It was not XYZ who said..." is a lie, as every one of these worthies either has said things similar to the quotes, or would have, provided there was a shred of honesty to be found in any of them.

Whatever, your logic is a bit flawed, as Shumer is not "democrats". Obviously. At the very least, you should have made a perfunctory effort to demonstrate that Democrats (!) by their overwhelming majority hold opinions similar to Schumer's. The truth is, they don't.

Finally, as has been mentioned before, you should really consider what happened to Republicans once they applied the Taliban / Tea Party purity test, and purged every last independent thinker from their ranks, so much so that by now they are almost as rare as hens' teeth. That's the death of the "party of ideas", and a splendid preparation for autocratic, one-man rule.

So, while I stridently disagree with Schumer, exactly for the opinions expressed, there's a host of reasons to dread a bunch of yes-men, all singing from the same song book, way more than one Schumer expressing eminently disagreeable nonsense on the Middle East or finance.

[QUOTE="Olde Europe, post: 21224527, member: 52468']Schumer has consistently been a tool of the Likudnik lobby and the financial industries. So, there's no surprise in any of this. Of course, every phrase in the article beginning with "It was not XYZ who said..." is a lie, as every one of these worthies either has said things similar to the quotes, or would have, provided there was a shred of honesty to be found in any of them.Whatever, your logic is a bit flawed, as Shumer is not "democrats". Obviously. At the very least, you should have made a perfunctory effort to demonstrate that Democrats (!) by their overwhelming majority hold opinions similar to Schumer's. The truth is, they don't.Finally, as has been mentioned before, you should really consider what happened to Republicans once they applied the Taliban / Tea Party purity test, and purged every last independent thinker from their ranks, so much so that by now they are almost as rare as hens' teeth. That's the death of the "party of ideas", and a splendid preparation for autocratic, one-man rule.So, while I stridently disagree with Schumer, exactly for the opinions expressed, there's a host of reasons to dread a bunch of yes-men, all singing from the same song book, way more than one Schumer expressing eminently disagreeable nonsense on the Middle East or finance.[/QUOTE]
`
Our opinions differ. Since I posted an opinion article, the author is free to phrase it the way they want, sorry if it doesn't meet with your approval. I of course agree with the point of the article, however, outside of stating I want Schumer replaced, I stated no opinion on him. You are reading far more into what was presented. Still thanks for your reply.

And here comes the circular firing squad that is the Democratic Party.

Republicans love this shit

Schumer has consistently been a tool of the Likudnik lobby and the financial industries. So, there's no surprise in any of this. Of course, every phrase in the article beginning with "It was not XYZ who said..." is a lie, as every one of these worthies either has said things similar to the quotes, or would have, provided there was a shred of honesty to be found in any of them.

Whatever, your logic is a bit flawed, as Shumer is not "democrats". Obviously. At the very least, you should have made a perfunctory effort to demonstrate that Democrats (!) by their overwhelming majority hold opinions similar to Schumer's. The truth is, they don't.

Finally, as has been mentioned before, you should really consider what happened to Republicans once they applied the Taliban / Tea Party purity test, and purged every last independent thinker from their ranks, so much so that by now they are almost as rare as hens' teeth. That's the death of the "party of ideas", and a splendid preparation for autocratic, one-man rule.

So, while I stridently disagree with Schumer, exactly for the opinions expressed, there's a host of reasons to dread a bunch of yes-men, all singing from the same song book, way more than one Schumer expressing eminently disagreeable nonsense on the Middle East or finance.

Our opinions differ. Since I posted an opinion article, the author is free to phrase it the way they want, sorry if it doesn't meet with your approval. I of course agree with the point of the article, however, outside of stating I want Schumer replaced, I stated no opinion on him. You are reading far more into what was presented. Still thanks for your reply.

As far as I can see, our opinions on Schumer pretty much align. It's just your, "The democrats have become just as repulsive as their under the table cousins, the republicans", isn't warranted by pointing to Schumer.

Moreover, if "I of course agree with the point of the article" is all the criteria you use, and the point of the article in question isn't well supported by facts - that is, fake news or propaganda - you are reducing yourself to a tool in that propaganda effort. That's your prerogative, of course, but...

What you should have asked yourself is, did the author present a well-rounded picture of Schumer, the dozens if not hundreds of policy issues he opined about, so as to warrant a call for Schumer's ousting? And if you find just two or three of these issues included, where Schumer arguably deviates from the Democratic mainstream, is that a viable basis for anything (other than propaganda)? Methinks, it isn't. That is why I find promulgating that crap unbecoming.

BTW, as you certainly know, there is a difference between "democrats" and "Democrats". So, why not adjust your typing accordingly, if only to avoid being mistaken for someone too ignorant to know the difference?

Forum List

Back