Chu To Take Fall For Solyndra: No Jail Time

No it wasn't. Solar energy is about the only product right now that the US is tops in the world in terms of tech. And we are exporting it. This was a "gamble" like so many private/government investments. And compared to some really big failures with military tech "gambles", this is small potatoes.

Where's the investigations into them?

It wasn't a gamble, because the technology was unproven. Not to mention the main problem, the huge amounts of waste, like building a new office building when there was plenty of vacant office space in the same area, or spending six figures on a special conference room with self-darkening glass (venitian blinds would have done the same job for a lot less.)

In short, the folks at Solyndra spent like a drunken sailor in a whorehouse. And the fact the investors gave huge amounts of money to Obama makes it all a tad more suspect.

What? What the fuck do you think a gamble is, exactly? And the tech is sound. It's been deployed in many areas around the world.

And..no it wasn't. Drunken sailor in a whorehouse would be the whole missile defense debacle. That cost billions. And not was only was the tech proven NOT to work but the whole deal reeks of lobbyist shennigans.

Seems to me patriot missiles indicate the tech does work. And if it doesn't work, why are the Russians so eager to cut deals to keep us from deploying it?

Solar energy is a novelty. Always has been. It makes hippies feel better about themselves, but the fact is, it is never as reliable as all the big corporate energy they hate and mostly use.

Chu To Take Fall For Solyndra: No Jail Time

I gotta give him some credit. Even though I don't generally like him he did man up to it.

More like he was falling on his sword for people higher on teh food chain.

Simple enough solution. Go back to Kaiser and all the other big Democratic donors and insist they pay back the taxpayers for this boondoggle.

New Topics

Forum List

Back