Chu: Dept. of Energy working to wean U.S. off oil, not lower prices

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
well, at least hes honest :rolleyes:Although I am not sure how that squares with obamas comments regards we are producing more oil then ever before ( though thats not true other but hey*shrugs*).....as if that what he wants. I think he and Chu should take a meeting together and get on the same page.

Chu: DOE working to wean U.S. off oil, not lower prices

By ALEX GUILLEN | 2/28/12 6:37 PM EST

The Energy Department isn’t working to lower gasoline prices directly, Secretary Steven Chu said Tuesday after a Republican lawmaker scolded him for his now-infamous 2008 comment that gas prices in the U.S. should be as high as in Europe.

Instead, DOE is working to promote alternatives such as biofuels and electric vehicles, Chu told House appropriators during a hearing on DOE’s budget.

snip-

“We agree there is great suffering when the price of gasoline increases in the United States, and so we are very concerned about this,” said Chu, speaking to the House Appropriations energy and water subcommittee. “As I have repeatedly said, in the Department of Energy, what we’re trying to do is diversify our energy supply for transportation so that we have cost-effective means.”

Read more: Chu: DOE working to wean U.S. off oil, not lower prices - Alex Guillen - POLITICO.com

Well, given that the demand worldwide for gasoline and diesel is increasing, the price of gas is not going to go down. So a technology that replaces fossil fuels with something that we create right here in the US would be a boon to all of us.

Well, if the republicans were so Anti-wind power then Texas wouldn't be NUMBER one in wind power within the US of A! 10 GW! Oregon only has 2.5 gw.

Ranking Each nation for wind power---2011
China 66 gw
United states 46 gw
Germany 27gw

Nothing wrong in making POWER!

Wind power in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Texas (10,377 MW)
Iowa (4,322 MW)
California (3,927 MW)
Illinois (2,743 MW)
Minnesota (2,733 MW)

The top five states according to percentage of generation by wind in 2010 are:[15]

Iowa (15.4%)
North Dakota (12.0%)
Minnesota (9.7%)
South Dakota (8.3%)
Kansas (7.2%)

Last edited:
Well, given that the demand worldwide for gasoline and diesel is increasing, the price of gas is not going to go down. So a technology that replaces fossil fuels with something that we create right here in the US would be a boon to all of us.

Forget it. Reality isn't the strong suit of conservatives.

Oil is like magic pixiedust to them. :lol:

Forget it. Reality isn't the strong suit of conservatives.

Oil is like magic pixiedust to them. :lol:

I'm a conservative for all energy! The more the better...Why would any conservative oppose energy when we need more?

Last edited:
Now Mathew, just read the posts on this board about wind, solar, and any other form of generation that is not fossil fuel based. And read the immediate cry of foul when someone posts the progress being made in energy storage technology as applied to transportation.

The 'Conservatives' here are making the conservatives look foolish. And the conservatives have done nothing to deserve the current bunch of Neandertals runing for the offices in the GOP.

Yeah they'll wean us off oil and have no alternatives.

Time to invest in horses and buggies.

Listening to dummycrats like you one would believe that the rest of the world moved beyond oil to green energy & only the USA craves that evil black crack.

well, at least hes honest :rolleyes:Although I am not sure how that squares with obamas comments regards we are producing more oil then ever before ( though thats not true other but hey*shrugs*).....as if that what he wants. I think he and Chu should take a meeting together and get on the same page.

Chu: DOE working to wean U.S. off oil, not lower prices

By ALEX GUILLEN | 2/28/12 6:37 PM EST

The Energy Department isn’t working to lower gasoline prices directly, Secretary Steven Chu said Tuesday after a Republican lawmaker scolded him for his now-infamous 2008 comment that gas prices in the U.S. should be as high as in Europe.

Instead, DOE is working to promote alternatives such as biofuels and electric vehicles, Chu told House appropriators during a hearing on DOE’s budget.

snip-

“We agree there is great suffering when the price of gasoline increases in the United States, and so we are very concerned about this,” said Chu, speaking to the House Appropriations energy and water subcommittee. “As I have repeatedly said, in the Department of Energy, what we’re trying to do is diversify our energy supply for transportation so that we have cost-effective means.”

Read more: Chu: DOE working to wean U.S. off oil, not lower prices - Alex Guillen - POLITICO.com
Now you weren't under the impression that the kenyan would actually appointment someone to a position of authority in his administration that would do something GOOD for America did you? ... :eusa_eh:

Take a look around.

And how many damn years have they been working on this crap? Until then OUR cars run on diesel and gasoline.

This administration doesn't give a hoot if the people are hurting from high gas prices, that is THEIR PLAN....Chu and Obama have said so.

The current spike in gas and oil prices has little to do with supply demand.

Jesus christ on a crutch don't you people every read anything?

$5 to $7 a gallon gasoline will do an excellent job of weaning us off of oil.

I am sure the millions of unemployed suburbanites who rely on their vehicles for getting to and from job interviews thank you for your thoughtfulness...

Don't count on them thanking 0bama in November, though...

$5 to $7 a gallon gasoline will do an excellent job of weaning us off of oil.

I am sure the millions of unemployed suburbanites who rely on their vehicles for getting to and from job interviews thank you for your thoughtfulness...

Don't count on them thanking 0bama in November, though...

They shouldn't be now after hearing what Chu had to say..

I hope the people are listening and taking note when it comes to the elections

man, i've said that a thousand times. but we would rather make those rich that hate us.

we're stupid.

Forum List

Back