Chrysler Workers.. Pot & Beer

Where I work, you fail a drug test, you are out the door. I don't drink beer, and have never used pot. However, I would rather be around a bunch of potheads than a bunch of drunks.

Oddly enough, I have worked at far more non-union places, than union. You see, there are two kinds of non-union businesses. The first, avoids unions because of having to pay good wages and benefits, and provide a safe work place. The second, avoids them because of the inevitable personel conflicts. And pays it's people above standard pay and benefits. Has open paths of communications so that the people on the bottom can comminicate with upper management, and upper management regularly communicates with the people on the floor. If the management fails to stay in communication, then the business will go union.

That is the kind of businesses I have worked for most of my life. And I have the Unions to thank for the good wages and benefits that I have recieved.

Soo. what should happen with these Guys..? in your opinion..

They should be fired.

They will be fired. The unions won't even try to fight it, it's an insurance/liability issue.

Your right, they should be fired, but they won't be because the UNIONS WILL protect them. There might be a suspension with time off, or there may be a suspension on paper only and no time off, and there may be rehab....but they won't lose the jobs.
I know how this works because I was a union member at one time and I was a shop steward at one time.

Last edited:
Soo. what should happen with these Guys..? in your opinion..

They should be fired.

They will be fired. The unions won't even try to fight it, it's an insurance/liability issue.

Your right, they should be fired, but they won't be because the UNIONS WILL protect them. There might be a suspension with time off, or there may be a suspension on paper only and no time off, and there may rehab....but they won't lose the jobs.
I know how this works because I was a union meember at one time and I was a shop steward at one time.

Well, we'll just have to see. I was a union organizer for years, I know how unions work too.

They should be fired.

Your right, they should be fired, but they won't be because the UNIONS WILL protect them. There might be a suspension with time off, or there may be a suspension on paper only and no time off, and there may rehab....but they won't lose the jobs.
I know how this works because I was a union meember at one time and I was a shop steward at one time.

Well, we'll just have to see. I was a union organizer for years, I know how unions work too.

Glad you didn't say a community organizer. :lol:

Glad you didn't say a community organizer. :lol:

No, that's what I do now.

:cool:

I don't know how you feel about smoking pot and drinking beer then going to work but personally, I wouldn't recommend it.

---------------------------------:eusa_eh:

While taxpayers are footing the bill to keep America's auto industry off life support, an undercover investigation shows illegal activities by Chrysler employees who have enjoyed nearly $15 billion in government money.

Dozens of autoworkers in Detroit were caught on camera drinking beer and smoking marijuana before heading to work at the Chrysler plant that President Obama praised in a speech just two months ago.

An exclusive investigation by MyFoxDetroit showed workers at Chrysler's Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit, Mich., drinking beer and smoking joints while on a half-hour lunch break at a nearby park.

The investigation -- conducted over several weeks and based on tips from workers at the plant -- outraged the auto giant's top executives who reportedly called the behavior "totally unacceptable."

FOXNews.com - Chrysler Autoworkers Caught on Camera Drinking Beer, Smoking Pot During Break

The nerve of them! And since they are not in the entertainment industry they are likely in trouble and out of work as well.

I am certain that Obama told them to smoke pot on their breaks. But the liberal media will not release the video of it.

I don't know how you feel about smoking pot and drinking beer then going to work but personally, I wouldn't recommend it.

While taxpayers are footing the bill to keep America's auto industry off life support, an undercover investigation shows illegal activities by Chrysler employees who have enjoyed nearly $15 billion in government money.

Dozens of autoworkers in Detroit were caught on camera drinking beer and smoking marijuana before heading to work at the Chrysler plant that President Obama praised in a speech just two months ago.

An exclusive investigation by MyFoxDetroit showed workers at Chrysler's Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit, Mich., drinking beer and smoking joints while on a half-hour lunch break at a nearby park.

The investigation -- conducted over several weeks and based on tips from workers at the plant -- outraged the auto giant's top executives who reportedly called the behavior "totally unacceptable."

FOXNews.com - Chrysler Autoworkers Caught on Camera Drinking Beer, Smoking Pot During Break

The nerve of them! And since they are not in the entertainment industry they are likely in trouble and out of work as well.

I am certain that Obama told them to smoke pot on their breaks. But the liberal media will not release the video of it.

You're certain huh...:lol:....It was on Fox News... video quality was great...

This is what will probably happen..

(1) they'll get lawyered up.. (2) they'll go into a drug/alcohol treatment program.. (3) they'll go on disability..(4) they'll get their jobs back.. (5) they'll sue for back pay...

(1) they'll get lawyered up.. (2) they'll go into a drug/alcohol treatment program.. (3) they'll go on disability..(4) they'll get their jobs back.. (5) they'll sue for back pay...

This is a safety issue - we're not talking about office workers, we're talking about factory workers. The plant has insurance to cover on-the-job injuries.

Testing positive for drugs will void an insurance claim. Things like this trump union membership, trust me. They will be fired.

Union workers.

nuff said.

This is a safety issue - we're not talking about office workers, we're talking about factory workers. The plant has insurance to cover on-the-job injuries.

Testing positive for drugs will void an insurance claim. Things like this trump union membership, trust me. They will be fired.

I've seen too many union workers get away with it, Dr. Same exact scenario, if they haven't had any priors, they will have reprimands and treatment programs.

I've seen too many union workers get away with it, Dr. Same exact scenario, if they haven't had any priors, they will have reprimands and treatment programs.

I worked as an Organizer for UAW in Buffalo. I know that at least at the (former) American Axel plant, at least 3 people that I know of where fired for being drunk at work. I doubt this would play out any differently.

But, I guess we'll have to see.

Forum List

Back