Chrysler Workers.. Pot & Beer

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I don't know how you feel about smoking pot and drinking beer then going to work but personally, I wouldn't recommend it.

---------------------------------:eusa_eh:

While taxpayers are footing the bill to keep America's auto industry off life support, an undercover investigation shows illegal activities by Chrysler employees who have enjoyed nearly $15 billion in government money.

Dozens of autoworkers in Detroit were caught on camera drinking beer and smoking marijuana before heading to work at the Chrysler plant that President Obama praised in a speech just two months ago.

An exclusive investigation by MyFoxDetroit showed workers at Chrysler's Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit, Mich., drinking beer and smoking joints while on a half-hour lunch break at a nearby park.

The investigation -- conducted over several weeks and based on tips from workers at the plant -- outraged the auto giant's top executives who reportedly called the behavior "totally unacceptable."

FOXNews.com - Chrysler Autoworkers Caught on Camera Drinking Beer, Smoking Pot During Break

"totally unacceptable."

:clap2:
thats all the effect it'll have, a hand and a tissue please.

the union won't let a thing happen to these guys even if they attempt to maske a case.

Yep, they're pretty much protected with the unions backing them. Might have to go to a beer and pot seminar for an hour and sign off on a piece of paper that they attended, but other than that, zilch.

Oh come on Guys.. Obama will set the Union straight....:rofl:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I see. There are some people at the plant that our President spoke at that act in an unaceptable manner. So that is the President's fault? How far do you wingnuts have to reach for your bellyaching, anyway?

So, I say, let's do a drug test of all the upper management of all the Fortune 500 companies. And blame the fact that there will be a bunch of failures on the Republicans. Every bit as logical as the OP.

I see. There are some people at the plant that our President spoke at that act in an unaceptable manner. So that is the President's fault? How far do you wingnuts have to reach for your bellyaching, anyway?

So, I say, let's do a drug test of all the upper management of all the Fortune 500 companies. And blame the fact that there will be a bunch of failures on the Republicans. Every bit as logical as the OP.

Silly ass, how much money did most of the Fortune 500 companies take from the teats of the government? Hmmmm?
I guess your a pot smoker with a beer belly defending this group huh? :lol:

Silly ass, how much money did most of the Fortune 500 companies take from the teats of the government? Hmmmm?

I'm guessing Old Rocks wears the Union Label...

I'm guessing Old Rocks wears the Union Label...

hot damn lumpy...thats ecohing in my mind....I have a vision of little Al on his grannies knee..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0JdZd3Cpjc&feature=related]YouTube - Look For the Union Label[/ame]

Uhhm..

A shitload?

Uhhm..

A shitload?
Uhhm, how many is a shitload? I know some were, but the Fortune 500 is actually how many?????? :lol:

Im trying to figure out how you see that we are blaming Obama :confused: (maybe in a sarcastic joking way)

I see it as a problem with union goons getting away with whatever they want. (Obama's supporters)
This is nothing new either. My dad was/is a union man.... he has told me numerous stories of the guys he worked with out in the "union shack" at lunch blowing joints at break all the time, mind you this was in the 80's & 90's, but the mindset is the same.

Chrysler employees should be walking a straight line and doing their VERY best to do a good job, and blowing weed and knocking back beers at lunch is not my idea of a good employee.... and beings they took billions of OUR $$$ to stay afloat..... This shit pisses me off.
I could care less what they do while away from work.... Hell do crack for all I care! But while you are at work... NO WAY!

Last edited:

Uhhm..

A shitload?
Uhhm, how many is a shitload? I know some were, but the Fortune 500 is actually how many?????? :lol:

Not just talking about the bank bailouts, but I'd wager that at least 60 to 80 percent of the Fortune 500 companies have "suckled" at the federal government's teat in one way or another.

Uhhm..

A shitload?

Not just talking about the bank bailouts, but I'd wager that at least 60 to 80 percent of the Fortune 500 companies have "suckled" at the federal government's teat in one way or another.

I think everyone here was referring to the Stimulus bailout....maybe not you, but now you have moved the goal posts to back your statement.

I think everyone here was referring to the Stimulus bailout....maybe not you, but now you have moved the goal posts to back your statement.

If I wasn't talking about the bailouts, then I'm not moving the goalposts.

I responded only to your post about fortune 500 companies. Aside from that, I have no dog in this fight.

:offtopic:... and why not?

Where I work, you fail a drug test, you are out the door. I don't drink beer, and have never used pot. However, I would rather be around a bunch of potheads than a bunch of drunks.

Oddly enough, I have worked at far more non-union places, than union. You see, there are two kinds of non-union businesses. The first, avoids unions because of having to pay good wages and benefits, and provide a safe work place. The second, avoids them because of the inevitable personel conflicts. And pays it's people above standard pay and benefits. Has open paths of communications so that the people on the bottom can comminicate with upper management, and upper management regularly communicates with the people on the floor. If the management fails to stay in communication, then the business will go union.

That is the kind of businesses I have worked for most of my life. And I have the Unions to thank for the good wages and benefits that I have recieved.

Where I work, you fail a drug test, you are out the door. I don't drink beer, and have never used pot. However, I would rather be around a bunch of potheads than a bunch of drunks.

Oddly enough, I have worked at far more non-union places, than union. You see, there are two kinds of non-union businesses. The first, avoids unions because of having to pay good wages and benefits, and provide a safe work place. The second, avoids them because of the inevitable personel conflicts. And pays it's people above standard pay and benefits. Has open paths of communications so that the people on the bottom can comminicate with upper management, and upper management regularly communicates with the people on the floor. If the management fails to stay in communication, then the business will go union.

That is the kind of businesses I have worked for most of my life. And I have the Unions to thank for the good wages and benefits that I have recieved.

Soo. what should happen with these Guys..? in your opinion..

They should be fired.

They will be fired. The unions won't even try to fight it, it's an insurance/liability issue.

They should be fired.

They will be fired. The unions won't even try to fight it, it's an insurance/liability issue.

Well then.. lets see what happens..

Forum List

Back