Chrysler Workers Fired For Getting Wasted. Sums Up "Stimulus"...

Good for chrysler...maybe they can hire some people at reasonable compensation rates who would actually be grateful for and respect their job.

Oh, oh, another capitalist goes astray with wishes of "reasonable Compensation rates!!!"

Just shows what an immature nation we have going here, but then rules are meant for everybody making under 500,000. a year.............. and darn, they qualified. LOL!:lol:

Try doing a little reasearch.

The union employees of GM and Chrysler take in a total, with ALL benefits included, of $74.00 hour.

Toyota, Mazda, Honda, and nissan pay their employees ~$52.00/hour with all benefits included.

This is why the american car companies can't compete with them.

Look before you leap.

Good for chrysler...maybe they can hire some people at reasonable compensation rates who would actually be grateful for and respect their job.

Oh, oh, another capitalist goes astray with wishes of "reasonable Compensation rates!!!"

Just shows what an immature nation we have going here, but then rules are meant for everybody making under 500,000. a year.............. and darn, they qualified. LOL!:lol:

The union employees of GM and Chrysler take in a total, with ALL benefits included, of $74.00 hour.

Toyota, Mazda, Honda, and nissan pay their employees ~$52.00/hour with all benefits included.

Look before you leap.

The workers don't design the cars. They don't set the quality standards. They don't decide which cars to make.

It is poor management decisions that brought down our auto companies

They got exactly what was coming to them. If Si modo is right and this has been going on for years, it's a complete disgrace. And LibocalypseNow, can you explain to me what the fuck disciplining these workers has to do with the stimulus bill?

Chyrsler did get a bail out and it's especially aggravating that these workers did not value their jobs after the US taxpayer helped to save them, but whatever you may think of the wisdom of that spending, it has zippedy-doo-dah to do with any stimulus bill.

What part of fucked up unions haven't you gotten yet Maddline? She is not wrong.

Unions a problem? You do know that the fact that these unions are around ensure that someone is looking out for the American worker? Without unions, the rich would be paying us all $1/hour and calling it "the market" which is complete BS that excuse. We already have the biggest gap between the rich and the poor.

We don't need to get rid of unions because they are the only reason we get fringe benefits, pensions, 401Ks but yeah all those things are horrible and unjust and we are all just takers who contribute absolutely nothing to society but do the job we were hired to do but we are just freeloading bastards.

Your stupidity ceases to amaze me.

Look before you leap.

The workers don't design the cars. They don't set the quality standards. They don't decide which cars to make.

So paying almost 50% more for labor has nothing to do with it at all eh.

Interesting.

It was just announced today that the Chrysler workers caught smoking pot and drinking brews on the job have been fired. In my opinion this debacle really does sum up the "Stimulus" debacle perfectly. This White House and Democrats in Congress must have been wasted when they decided to waste all of our Taxpayer Dollars...

YouTube - Detroit Auto Workers Busted on the Job Drinking Beer & Smoking Pot on Break.flv

Yes, it was the correct decision. I don't want to buy a car they just had something to do with the manufacturing of...:lol: The decision will set an example to the rest who might think twice about living up to their responsibilities.

They got exactly what was coming to them. If Si modo is right and this has been going on for years, it's a complete disgrace. And LibocalypseNow, can you explain to me what the fuck disciplining these workers has to do with the stimulus bill?

Chyrsler did get a bail out and it's especially aggravating that these workers did not value their jobs after the US taxpayer helped to save them, but whatever you may think of the wisdom of that spending, it has zippedy-doo-dah to do with any stimulus bill.

What part of fucked up unions haven't you gotten yet Maddline? She is not wrong.

Unions a problem? You do know that the fact that these unions are around ensure that someone is looking out for the American worker? Without unions, the rich would be paying us all $1/hour and calling it "the market" which is complete BS that excuse. We already have the biggest gap between the rich and the poor.

We don't need to get rid of unions because they are the only reason we get fringe benefits, pensions, 401Ks but yeah all those things are horrible and unjust and we are all just takers who contribute absolutely nothing to society but do the job we were hired to do but we are just freeloading bastards.

Your stupidity ceases to amaze me.

Problem is the government sponsored unions, they just steal from other markets, what they get in bonuses.... If company already went bankrupt, perhaps the wages were TOO HIGH? That is very possible too. Union workers often don't get that there is no real wealth to go around.

Look at eastern europe... Everyone wants the government to spend to their "unions" at expense of everyone else's. Result is national debt.

Capitalism already is quiet good at finding the right balance, especially with unions. But government should not step in to this game with it's bailouts etc.

On the other hand can't everyone agree, that the chrysler workers have stimulated booze industry =P.

Last edited:

Look before you leap.

Yes it is and a big part of those poor decisions was the high level of compensation.

It was just announced today that the Chrysler workers caught smoking pot and drinking brews on the job have been fired. In my opinion this debacle really does sum up the "Stimulus" debacle perfectly. This White House and Democrats in Congress must have been wasted when they decided to waste all of our Taxpayer Dollars...

YouTube - Detroit Auto Workers Busted on the Job Drinking Beer & Smoking Pot on Break.flv

Yes, it was the correct decision. I don't want to buy a car they just had something to do with the manufacturing of...:lol: The decision will set an example to the rest who might think twice about living up to their responsibilities.

Trust me you dont want to....I work on cars for a living :eusa_whistle:

Look before you leap.

Yes it is and a big part of those poor decisions was the high level of compensation.

I couldn't agree more....but the majority of the blame goes to management. I know why the union agreed to sinfully high wages and benefits. WTF is management's excuse?

In March, 1965, I bought a new Pontiac Bonneville. Everything was fine until the summer when a faint fishy odor permeated the interior and became increasingly strong. I brought the car back to the dealer twice. They shampooed the carpet and sprayed some deodorizer on it but within days it was back. The odor peaked at around the end of summer and gradually went away.

About two years later the window in the passenger side door wouldn't go all the way down. When the mechanic removed the door trim we found an empty Pepsi can wedged in the mechanism and there were the remains of a dried up, half-eaten hero sandwich in there, too.

During that time frame the quality of American cars had generally deteriorated. Almost everyone I knew who'd bought an American car had complaints. Gradually the Japanese auto makers started kicking Detroit's ass in terms of price, performance and overall quality and it was generally believed the reason for decline in American auto quality was the result of the UAW's power. The fact that some sonofabitch on an assembly line was too lazy and too confidently contemptuous to walk to a trash can but instead just dumped the remains of his lunch into the door of what became my car was unmistakable evidence of that.

And that was just one of many, many complaints about the quality of American cars.

I am strongly pro-Union. But I believe that unions need to be regulated in the level of power they can exercise in employer/employee relations. When a union is able to defend a clearly recalcitrant or unproductive employee against appropriate action eventually there will be Pepsi cans inside new car doors and, ultimately, the ruin of an important industry.

Look before you leap.

So paying almost 50% more for labor has nothing to do with it at all eh.

Interesting.
It's a no chillunz B giddn leff behine thang.............

Dose anyone really feel comfortable buying a Chrysler at this point? Were these guys really the only ones partying it up? Makes you wonder no?

I couldn't agree more....but the majority of the blame goes to management. I know why the union agreed to sinfully high wages and benefits. WTF is management's excuse?

No matter who is at fault we all know the american companies can't compete because of the wage disparity, much like our manufacturing base vs china and mexico.

And trust me, Dont buy a chrysler unless you have a crush on your local mechanic.

LibocalypseNow, can you explain to me what the fuck disciplining these workers has to do with the stimulus bill?

Their "Stimulus" was a criminal waste of Taxpayer money. That's my point.
That "point" appears to have nothing to do with this. Now if this type of behavior was exposed and people were NOT fired, THEN you'd have a point. But in this case it appears the company did the CORRECT thing, and you're looking for a negative press regarding this company to abstractly link it to a topic you dislike. I'm in no way defending the stimulus, but this "point" of yours is crap.

The big point that is overlooked is, why were they not drug tested on a regular basis? They do a job building cars that could have the potential to cause great harm to people if the job is not done correctly (oops I was too baked to attach the brake line correctly). I surmise one of two things were going on; no drug testing or the testing was faked as I find it hard to believe this had never happened before.

Look before you leap.

You are half right. It was poor mgt decisions coupled with unions inflating the pay scale of the workers so the company could not be competitive with non union companies. Greed and mismanagement on both sides did it.

Look before you leap.

You are half right. It was poor mgt decisions coupled with unions inflating the pay scale of the workers so the company could not be competitive with non union companies. Greed and mismanagement on both sides did it.

:clap2:

This shoots to hell the bullshit claim that you can't get rid of a union worker.

New Topics

Forum List

Back