Chrysler Workers Fired For Getting Wasted. Sums Up "Stimulus"...

Discussion in 'Economy' started by LibocalypseNow, Sep 27, 2010.

1. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    It was just announced today that the Chrysler workers caught smoking pot and drinking brews on the job have been fired. In my opinion this debacle really does sum up the "Stimulus" debacle perfectly. This White House and Democrats in Congress must have been wasted when they decided to waste all of our Taxpayer Dollars...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVmKyJXHXRE]YouTube - Detroit Auto Workers Busted on the Job Drinking Beer & Smoking Pot on Break.flv[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  2. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    And they brought their 'A' Game? Holy Shyte!

3. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    Good for chrysler...maybe they can hire some people at reasonable compensation rates who would actually be grateful for and respect their job.

4. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    I kind of had to laugh but then i quickly realized that it's not funny. :(

5. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    I suppose the UAW has no intention of protecting them? They have been doing so on a regular basis for years. You want 28 days off from the line? Just be on the job drunk or high - show up that way or do it at lunch or on break. The union makes sure the automaker pays for your - ahem - vacation and they make sure your job is there after the 28 days are up.

6. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    They got exactly what was coming to them. If Si modo is right and this has been going on for years, it's a complete disgrace. And LibocalypseNow, can you explain to me what the fuck disciplining these workers has to do with the stimulus bill?

Chyrsler did get a bail out and it's especially aggravating that these workers did not value their jobs after the US taxpayer helped to save them, but whatever you may think of the wisdom of that spending, it has zippedy-doo-dah to do with any stimulus bill.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,474
    I oppose the stimulus spending, but I'm not sure how you figure it's to blame for these guys' bad behaviors.

8. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Their "Stimulus" was a criminal waste of Taxpayer money. That's my point. This is just one example of their awful malfeasance. There are genital washing programs and so many more examples though. I was just referring to these workers getting wasted which made me think about how this White House and Democrats in Congress must have been wasted too when they decided to rape the American Taxpayer and waste their hard-earned money. Hey,just my take anyway.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  9. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    "Hate to be a Buzz-Kill but shouldn't you guys be building cars?" Classic! :)

10. SmarterThanHick

SmarterThanHick Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    That "point" appears to have nothing to do with this. Now if this type of behavior was exposed and people were NOT fired, THEN you'd have a point. But in this case it appears the company did the CORRECT thing, and you're looking for a negative press regarding this company to abstractly link it to a topic you dislike. I'm in no way defending the stimulus, but this "point" of yours is crap.