Chrysler profits surge 80%

[

GM stock is worth less than the price paid for it thus the government gambled and lost our money.

And you cannot say with any certainty that GM would have been liquidated unless one of your multiple personalities is now psychic. And if that's true then you should be able to invest without fear.

And how much money did you have invested in "Wall Street" that was gambled away as you say?

I would never have bought GM stock because quite frankly their cars suck.

I took a pretty heavy drubbing when the market crashed in 2008. So did anyone else with a 401K. Of course, it's mostly bounced back on Obama's watch... not that you'd give him any credit.

But honestly, you are kind of a stupid person, if you think the value of the stock is really the issue here. It's saving the jobs that was important.

Sorry you can't see that.

[

Wow you really are comfortable holding diametrically opposed views aren't you?

Buying stock is gambling but the government buying stock with our money and losing money by the way is not gambling.

Maybe you should change your name to Sybil.

The fact is that GM could have gone through bankruptcy just like thousands of other companies have and they would still be around just like thousands of other companies are.

Not at all.

Once the government said, "GM will not be allowed to fail", there was no gamble in it at all. The government WOULD make it succeed. (And frankly, this is how the Europeans and Japanese run their car companies, as state interests.)

If GM went through bankruptcy, it would have been liquidated. Same with Chrysler. No one was willing to loan them money in 2009.

Once again, fuck the gamblers on wall street.

GM stock is worth less than the price paid for it thus the government gambled and lost our money.

And you cannot say with any certainty that GM would have been liquidated unless one of your multiple personalities is now psychic. And if that's true then you should be able to invest without fear.

And how much money did you have invested in "Wall Street" that was gambled away as you say?

So...nothing says the government can't hold those stocks until the price goes up. What most refuse to acknowledge is that the government could actually wind up making money on GM stock...not to mention AIG.

Obviously, not everybody has the apptitude to look at tough times as an opportunity?

[

I took a pretty heavy drubbing when the market crashed in 2008. So did anyone else with a 401K. Of course, it's mostly bounced back on Obama's watch... not that you'd give him any credit.

But honestly, you are kind of a stupid person, if you think the value of the stock is really the issue here. It's saving the jobs that was important.

I've heard that for every autoworker job there is a trickle down of another 7 to 10 jobs that will be lost in supporting industry. That fallout of letting the car companies fail would have been a bitter pill to swallow...not only for the workers but for government and society as well!

States wind up having to pay out unemployment and provide health coverage for these folks who become destitute. No taxes can be gleaned from unemployed people.

[

Obama had nothing to do with the stock market recovering. That fact that you want to give him all the credit shows how little you know.

And You still have not proven to me that GM would have been liquidated and all those people would have lost their jobs. History proves you wrong. Large companies file bankruptcy all the time and not everyone loses their jobs.

The entire GM bankruptcy was corrupt crony capitalism at its worst

Not at all.

Once the government said, "GM will not be allowed to fail", there was no gamble in it at all. The government WOULD make it succeed. (And frankly, this is how the Europeans and Japanese run their car companies, as state interests.)

If GM went through bankruptcy, it would have been liquidated. Same with Chrysler. No one was willing to loan them money in 2009.

Once again, fuck the gamblers on wall street.

So...nothing says the government can't hold those stocks until the price goes up. What most refuse to acknowledge is that the government could actually wind up making money on GM stock...not to mention AIG.

Obviously, not everybody has the apptitude to look at tough times as an opportunity?

Only the government would think those companies are worth holding on to.

It shows how well the government handles our money.

You wouldn't want them to jump ship while the stock is low, would you? That wouldn't make good financial sense for the U.S. taxpayers.

At this point they should just bide their time until the stock goes back up.

Yawn.. don't care.

Jobs saved...

Nothing else matters.

Even if it cost us 15 billion dollars?

Shit we could have handed every worker at GM a check for 4 years pay and gotten out of it a hell of a lot cheaper

And again you cannot prove that every GM employee would have lost their job can you?

You wouldn't want them to jump ship while the stock is low, would you? That wouldn't make good financial sense for the U.S. taxpayers.

At this point they should just bide their time until the stock goes back up.

The point is they never should have bought the stock to begin with.

Only the government would spend our money on a failed company

We disagree...however it's really a moot point as what's done is done. At this point they need to wait on the stock to rebound...and hopefully make a profit.

We disagree...however it's really a moot point as what's done is done. At this point they need to wait on the stock to rebound...and hopefully make a profit.

And do we as the taxpayers get that money paid to us or does it get pissed into the black hole that is the federal government?

The entire GM bankruptcy was illegal and you sheep piss and moan about "Wall Street" but give the fucking politicians a pass.

I don't get it

Forum List

Back