Chrysler bails out after bailout

txlonghorn

Mar 9, 2009
Thank God we got a new president! A man we can count on for change!!! Like giving BILLIONS to Chrysler as a bailout to save them, only to stand back and watch them do their own bail out and drop almost 800 dealers on their asses!!! Thanks Obama...I knew you could!

I have a very close friend who has been an owner of a Chrysler dealership here in our area for over 20 years. He's built it from a small dealership to one of the areas biggest and best. He BOUGHT the dealership. It's his financial responsibility. Now, he's got about 2 and half weeks to sell it all because Chrysler will not buy back any stock. Dealer insentives go away on June 9. Service agreements will not be available. Warranties on any stock sold after that date will not be valid. He's basically been handed a great big
"SCREW YOU" by Chrysler and this government. It's the same picture in many of the other 788 dealerships that are being dumped by Chrysler. My friend's dealership employed about 25 salesmen, 20 service techs, 12 office clerks and 10 management level employees. That's 67 jobs...gone. Not to mention, the loss that will incurred on the property, the loss on inventory that doesn't get sold. The loss on equipment in the service department. This owner will receive NO compensation for the expense he has incurred in buying a Chrysler dealership and serving it very very well for all these years. His dealership rights will be GIVEN...not sold...to another dealership down the road! It just doesn't make sense or seem fair.

I can garuntee you one thing...I will NEVER buy a Chrysler as long as I live and I'll be telling everyone I know to do the same. It's an absolute travesty that this can even take place in the "free market society" we call America. HOW CAN THEY GET AWAY WITH IT?

Forum List

Back