Chrysler about to declare bankruptcy

A sad day indeed.

My father worked for Chrysler for 32 years.

Get ready foe the "D" word.

A sad day indeed.

My father worked for Chrysler for 32 years.

Get ready foe the "D" word.

I was involved in a car accident in a 1983 Chrysler Lebaron Coupe in 1984. Drunk driver hit us head on. My father broke his shoulder and was knocked unconcious, my mother was nearly killed, my dog was killed and the car was totaled. The front seat was in the back seat, the back seat was in the front seat... the car was 1 month away from being declared a lemon from what I can remember. It was the WORST piece of shit my family ever had.

In 1980 we bailed out Chrysler. In 1998, they used the money we gave them to sell themselves to the Germans, who in turn sold us an auto company in the worst possible shape.

Good riddance.

Last edited:
Ya know......fuck 'em.

They've told us for years with all their prototype new cars in the shows that we were "just around the corner" from using better engines, as well as alternative energy. The reason that the big 3 are going down the tubes is because they didn't pay attention, and kept making gas guzzlers, as well as telling us that everyone needs a Hummer. Honda, Toyota, BMW and all the others saw what was going on and started to work on it.

Face it......the big 3 are dinosaurs whose time has come for extinction.

The government should require that all cars be hybrid or electric, and all trucks should be run on natural gas.

We need extreme measures to get us off of foreign oil.

Well.....you know.......Obama is making all the WH security staff start riding around in electric golf carts.

And, my question is, if they can develop better mileage vehicles overseas, and we're supposedly on the cutting edge of technology, why the hell haven't OUR CAR COMPANIES, come up with something also?

I think it's because they're in the pocket of big oil.

Well.....you know.......Obama is making all the WH security staff start riding around in electric golf carts.

And, my question is, if they can develop better mileage vehicles overseas, and we're supposedly on the cutting edge of technology, why the hell haven't OUR CAR COMPANIES, come up with something also?

I think it's because they're in the pocket of big oil.

I saw the head of GM on Stephen Colbert a few months ago, and the guy was dumb as a box of rocks.

I thought, that's why they have the problems that they do.

I was involved in a car accident in a 1983 Chrysler Lebaron Coupe in 1984. Drunk driver hit us head on. My father broke his shoulder and was knocked unconcious, my mother was nearly killed, my dog was killed and the car was totaled. The front seat was in the back seat, the back seat was in the front seat... the car was 1 month away from being declared a lemon from what I can remember. It was the WORST piece of shit my family ever had.

In 1980 we bailed out Chrysler. In 1998, they used the money we gave them to sell themselves to the Germans, who in turn sold us an auto company in the worst possible shape.

Good riddance.

In 1984 my cousin was killed in a head-on crash in his Mercedes 300 .. considered one of the safest cars on the road at the time. I've been driving Mercedes since shortly before my cousin died and still do to this day.

Point being, dependent on circumstances, fatal accidents are not always the fault of the car.

Blaming the car is easy.

The government should require that all cars be hybrid or electric, and all trucks should be run on natural gas.

We need extreme measures to get us off of foreign oil.

Not gonna happen when oil is $40 a barrel.

Good riddance.
which is why we shouldnt be bailing out car companies
or ANYONE

In 1984 my cousin was killed in a head-on crash in his Mercedes 300 .. considered one of the safest cars on the road at the time. I've been driving Mercedes since shortly before my cousin died and still do to this day.

Point being, dependent on circumstances, fatal accidents are not always the fault of the car.

Blaming the car is easy.

The car wasn't going very fast and my parents had had a multitude of quality issues with the car in the months before hand.

Then we are doomed. In the end, we all die anyway so it's irrelevant. The only thing that matter is what kind of casket we want to be buried in. :D

No, I believe America will change.

We have to.

The people of Hawaii are already headed in that direction.

Forum List

Back