Chronic Homelessness Dips Under Bush

the threads not about homeless it is about the supposed good bush has done well it does not seem many agree

Actually, except for my initial statement in the first post, it's about the homeless, at least it was supposed to be. My first sentence was merely meant to point out how fast those suffering from BDS are willing to blame Bush for all the ills of the world yet tend to overlook the instances where there is positive news.

Don't mistake me for a Bush honk, yeah, I voted for him, but my disappointment knows no end. The thing I object to most in the current political atmosphere is the inability of Bush haters to see past their blind hatred and recognize that not everything is his fault.

The news that there has been a dip in the number of homeless is great. That's positive news, a positive change that will be reported and people will move on. The fact that one in four is a veteran sucks, that is bad news. It will only be a matter of time before the Bush administration will be blamed for this statistic.

For me, the truth is that while this administration does bear some responsibility for both stories, both stories are the result of many years of success and failures by more than one administration.

Er.. no, it's cause they haven't done what they were supposed to do, which is shut down GWB... but they aren't veto proof so people are ticked off.

So I figure they still hate Bush more. ;o)

The figures belie the comment.

To his everlasting shame, he didn't.

Exactly what could a President do? It is not now nor has it ever been the Federal Governments job to provide homes and jobs or income for people. There is no authority for that anywhere in the Constitution. You want action talk to your State leaders. But then how do they solve it short of just giving anyone that claims no house a home? Providing money to people with none?

That won't work.

As I posted in the other thread, you can not have it both ways. You can not on one hand claim that the figures showing fewer homeless can not be proven AND then claim the figures showing 1/4 of the homeless are Vets is correct. They are mutually exclusive. Either we know roughly how many homeless there are and can make estimates on who is homeless OR we do not know and any number is a wild ass guess.

Exactly what could a President do? It is not now nor has it ever been the Federal Governments job to provide homes and jobs or income for people. There is no authority for that anywhere in the Constitution. You want action talk to your State leaders. But then how do they solve it short of just giving anyone that claims no house a home? Providing money to people with none?

That won't work.

As you know very well, if there were no "starving children", masses of the unemployed, underprivliged, disenfranchised, or any other type of "victim" you care to name, there would be no Democratic party platform. Victims are essential to their very existence and if they can't find any, they will make them up!

Throw that in with mindless, unreasoned hate for Republicans, Bush, Christians and even "personal responsibility" and Viola! you have "25% of the homeless are veterans" (even though we dont really know how many homeless there really are) and millions of starving children, substandard health care and on and on....

Study: 1 Out of 4 Homeless Are Veterans - Politics on The ...The Veterans Affairs Department has identified 1500 homeless veterans from the current wars and says 400 of them have participated in its programs ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20071107/homeless-veterans/

-

Study: Many of homeless are vets - CNN International

FACT: 43% of Homeless Males Over 25 are Veterans! 25 and older male homeless vets The chart at the left shows that male homeless veterans make up 43% of the male homeless over 25. The data is documented in ...
oldtimer.wordpress.com/fact-43-of-homeless-males-over-25-are-

Study: 1 Out of 4 Homeless Are Veterans - Politics on The ...The Veterans Affairs Department has identified 1500 homeless veterans from the current wars and says 400 of them have participated in its programs ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20071107/homeless-veterans/

-

Study: Many of homeless are vets - CNN International

FACT: 43% of Homeless Males Over 25 are Veterans! 25 and older male homeless vets The chart at the left shows that male homeless veterans make up 43% of the male homeless over 25. The data is documented in ...
oldtimer.wordpress.com/fact-43-of-homeless-males-over-25-are-

Interesting...I guess you missed the word "estimated" in all that bull...

Like I said, we need victims to have a party like the Dems ... and the more the better for them!

Interesting...I guess you missed the word "estimated" in all that bull...

Like I said, we need victims to have a party like the Dems ... and the more the better for them!

your right the numbers probably higher..like unemployment stats its not taking into account..those dependent on family and friends the semi -homeless

That won't work.

Okay. So you oppose HUD because it is unconstitutional or do you oppose HUD because you think that the government should not provide housing assistance?

I suppose that you think that the federal government should not have helped provide temporary shelter for those people who were displaced by Katrina. After all, such help was unconstitutional. If there were to be any help in housing, it would be the state’s responsibility. That is your position, right?

http://www.hud.gov/homeless/index.cfm

If you are homeless, help is available! HUD, along with many other federal agencies, funds programs to help the homeless. These programs are managed by local organizations that provide a range of services, including shelter, food, counseling, and jobs skills programs. So start by contacting a homeless assistance agency in your area.

If you give someone a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime. Consider the tax-supported colleges.

Okay. So you oppose HUD because it is unconstitutional or do you oppose HUD because you think that the government should not provide housing assistance?

I suppose that you think that the federal government should not have helped provide temporary shelter for those people who were displaced by Katrina. After all, such help was unconstitutional. If there were to be any help in housing, it would be the state’s responsibility. That is your position, right?

http://www.hud.gov/homeless/index.cfm

If you are homeless, help is available! HUD, along with many other federal agencies, funds programs to help the homeless. These programs are managed by local organizations that provide a range of services, including shelter, food, counseling, and jobs skills programs. So start by contacting a homeless assistance agency in your area.

If you give someone a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime. Consider the tax-supported colleges.

Provide tents fine. Provide trailers BULLSHIT. Provide money BULLSHIT. That is the responsibility of the States. The Federal Government has ZERO business in people business. The Federal Government has no authority and no Constitutional power for it, except in very limited ways, like DC and on Military installations. States should have emergency services that can be augmented by the US military as needed. Congress can create funding for help to States in large scale disasters BUT the States must have the programs and the plans.

FEMA should only be a program that allows for coordinated planning between States, funded only to provide a core staff to assist the States, resources should only be Federal to repair, maintain and replace Federal responsibility, like Interstates. Perhaps extra funding for the Military for specific assistance given in emergencies. The States should be creating, funding and manning these services, using FEMA to coordinate between States as needed.

FEMA should not be paying citizens a dime, it should not be housing citizens or directly helping citizens except those directly under the control and responsibility of the Federal Government, THOSE functions are STATE Functions.

Christians, christians everywhere but not a drop....

Forum List

Back