Chrome will not support NPAPI flash plugins in the near future

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Got that message when I logged in.

NPAPI plugins don't work on Chrome version 42 and higher

Plugins allow extra features to be added to browsers. For example, you can watch certain types of videos or play a game that’s on a webpage.

NPAPI support has ended
In the past, many plugins were developed using an older system called NPAPI. Today fewer sites are using NPAPI plugins and they can sometimes cause security risks on websites.

To make browsing with Chrome safer, faster, and more stable, we’re ending support for NPAPI plugins with Chrome version 42.

Got that message when I logged in.

NPAPI plugins don't work on Chrome version 42 and higher

Plugins allow extra features to be added to browsers. For example, you can watch certain types of videos or play a game that’s on a webpage.

NPAPI support has ended
In the past, many plugins were developed using an older system called NPAPI. Today fewer sites are using NPAPI plugins and they can sometimes cause security risks on websites.

To make browsing with Chrome safer, faster, and more stable, we’re ending support for NPAPI plugins with Chrome version 42.
That explains the message my computer is sending. I thought it was the site dropping support not Google. THANKS.

I went to pogo last night trying to play some games and they said they don't support Java any more. Like. Um. Ok?

Important Update: Java No Longer Supported in Google Chrome

Wait. Fires from HERE or Fires from somewhere else?
FIRES from everywhere. America/Sweden/Canada/Finland.
I did come here some time back at YOUR invite but the board was doggy and and worked very poorly.

But yes I am the one and only FIRES!!!
images

That help?

How to re-enable Java and other NPAPI plugins in Chrome.

Copy this URL

chrome://flags/#enable-npapi

Paste it into the address bar in a Chrome tab, hit return. That should bring you to the "Careful, these experiments may bite" page.

Find the "Enable NPAPI" section. Click on the "Enable" link there.

Click on the "Relaunch now" button at the bottom of the page.

Java should now work again. But only until Chrome v45 in September, when they'll kill NPAPI plugins for good.

I THOUGHT so. Dayum! I remember inviting you here! How the hell you been? Wow. A pleasant surprise! I'm glad you gave it another go. At least here, there are people to talk to alla time instead of waiting forever for..well...you know.
I saw Eye over at another place recently but EYE don't think she stayed there.

I THOUGHT so. Dayum! I remember inviting you here! How the hell you been? Wow. A pleasant surprise! I'm glad you gave it another go. At least here, there are people to talk to alla time instead of waiting forever for..well...you know.
I saw Eye over at another place recently but EYE don't think she stayed.
Eye had pretty rough health as I recall. After the server bot attack which I got credit for {untrue} and the crash of T3 then came that Horrid T4.

I signed with Jay Pressley and we are still friends to this day.

I went to pogo last night trying to play some games and they said they don't support Java any more. Like. Um. Ok?

Important Update: Java No Longer Supported in Google Chrome

That's funny. I'm on Chrome and I haven't received such a message yet.

Forum List

Back