Christopher Hitchens passed away

Now he'll know if he's right or wrong.

Or not.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in Heaven if he's wrong.

God: "Hi Christopher"

Hitchens: "Ooops"

:lol:

If there's any OOPS moments you can bet your bippy the two Texas cowboys will be in the middle of it. I always just loved that toy chain saw the George Bush used to carry for his photo oops.....er....ops.

I always like that guy.

I didn't always agree with him but he said what he thought.

RIP

You're wrong. Christopher Hitchings is dead. Passing Away is religious terminology implying that the deceased is somewhere else. Hitchings held to his atheistic belief to the end. I've watched him on TV and listened to his "God Is Not Great" and I assure you he did not pass away.

Correct... But God is Merciful... I am Certain Hitch found God at the End...

And I mean right at the end... No Computer... No Pen.

Rest in Peace... You Found little here while you had the Time.

:)

peace...

RIP Mr. Hitchens. A welcome cranky voice in a wave of craziness is now gone. I didn't agree with him all the time..but he was as sharp as a whip.

According to YOUR belief, but not his. Of course, in reality your belief is no more provable than his. So not sad at all.

It isn't up to what I believe or Hitchens believes. It's up to what GOD believes.

Remember that.

That's your belief getting in the way again. According to him, there is no god. According to you there is. Until proven one way or the other it's simply hearsay.

Ergo, no necessity to tell me to remember anything!

You really don't know what hearsay is, do yo?

Now Hitchens faces the God he didn't think existed.

Truly sad. :(

So your God is such a dick that he'll punish Hitch for not believing in him? :eek:

Oh yeah...the god of Abraham is a vendictive son-of-a-bitch:

Exd 20:1 ¶ And God spake all these words, saying,
Exd 20:2 ¶ I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exd 20:3 ¶ Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Romans 12:19
King James Version (KJV)
19Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

There is nothing vindictive about either of those two verses.

It isn't up to what I believe or Hitchens believes. It's up to what GOD believes.

Remember that.

That's your belief getting in the way again. According to him, there is no god. According to you there is. Until proven one way or the other it's simply hearsay.

Ergo, no necessity to tell me to remember anything!

You really don't know what hearsay is, do yo?

Yes, but perhaps you don't.....Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another person concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience. Now, how about condescending. I assume you know what that means.

So your God is such a dick that he'll punish Hitch for not believing in him? :eek:

Oh yeah...the god of Abraham is a vendictive son-of-a-bitch:

Exd 20:1 ¶ And God spake all these words, saying,
Exd 20:2 ¶ I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exd 20:3 ¶ Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Romans 12:19
King James Version (KJV)
19Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

There is nothing vindictive about either of those two verses.

They sound pretty vindictive to me.

HOnestly, for an omnipotent being, who would torture someone for all eternity for worshipping the wrong God or going to the wrong church, that kind of sounds petty.

I can't say I agreed with much of what Hitchens wrote. On religion, I disagreed with him. I also detested his support of the Neocon agenda.

However, I fully admit he was a brilliant writer. I love this:

“No, nothing is sacred. And even if there were to be something called sacred, we mere primates wouldn’t be able to decide which book or which idol or which city was the truly holy one. Thus, the only thing that should be upheld at all costs and without qualification is the right of free expression, because if that goes, then so do all other claims of right as well.”

Is one of my favorites and I am NOT and atheist.

Forum List

Back