Christopher Columbus achieved great things and will never be forgotten...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...and the people who are trying to tear him down are small and insignificant, with no accomplishments, and will be forgotten five minutes after they die.

Pack all the accomplishments of all the indigenous people in the Americas and it doesn't add up to the accomplishments of one European explorer named Columbus.

Columbus is the accepted symbol of when the technological world first came to this hemisphere, and the start of what would lead to, the worlds greatest society and achiever, the United States.

That's right, if you hate Columbus, what you're really hating is the nation made possible by his discovery of this continent.

...and the people who are trying to tear him down are small and insignificant, with no accomplishments, and will be forgotten five minutes after they die.

I won't disagree that he helped the old world get established in the new world. Hopefully Elon Musk can do 1/10th of that with getting humanity to mars.

Remember he did so with the help of the government of Spain!

He didn't discover anything..people were already here, they walked from Asia and Sailed from other parts way before Columbus.
I think it's time to recognize the real history of this land as did the kiwis in New Zealand with the Maories.

He didn't discover anything..people were already here, they walked from Asia and Sailed from other parts way before Columbus.
I think it's time to recognize the real history of this land as did the kiwis in New Zealand with the Maories.
columbus.png

I'm LMAO at the butthurt sissies crying over this.

"They ... brought us parrots and balls of cotton and spears and many other things, which they exchanged for the glass beads and hawks' bells. They willingly traded everything they owned... . They were well-built, with good bodies and handsome features.... They do not bear arms, and do not know them, for I showed them a sword, they took it by the edge and cut themselves out of ignorance. They have no iron. Their spears are made of cane... . They would make fine servants.... With fifty men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want."

Chris. Look it up.

That's right, if you hate Columbus, what you're really hating is the nation made possible by his discovery of this continent.
You don't have to hate him just because you understand what he did, why, and who he actually was. One can observe the thing and merely see it without all the power structure's institutionalized mindfuck. Every power structure inflates itself. We’ve been taught to see it everywhere but here.

Only humans can be proud of a position in the world gained by killing..
I can think of a few insect species, and of course bacteria and viruses. But I've noted that before, at least among friends, I know of no other living organisms that as part of their evolutionary strategy foul their own nests so. But that's about accumulation as it pertains to hominids. I'm less pessimistic in that I don't think it is all hominids, but rather those sociopaths who are inclined that way use wealth to buy up power and control over others in such a pathological state that it becomes addictive and they can never have enough to be happy.

That’s why the masses must be kept quibbling amongst themselves.

Thanks to the technological world coming here and conquering the natives, we now have this great nation.
It was well worth it ! :beer:

Technically, Christopher Columbus didn't discover the North American continent; he landed in what is today, the Bahamas and proceeded to enslave its indigenous occupants. Vikings aside, the first initially recognized European to be credited with landing in North America, was Giovanni Caboto (aka: John Cabot). Of course, as we know now, the actual first discoverers of North America were the Asian nomads that crossed over via the Bering Strait and others via the Pacific Ocean. There really is no reason to have a holiday for a brutal slaver who never landed in the US. We have ample holidays as it is.

Forum List

Back