Christmastime already?

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Do they always start with the Christmas commercials this early? Here in Aiken, they've already got downtown decorated. I get sick of the whole Christmas atmosphere after a while, so I'd rather they not start until, maybe, Dec. 10th or so. What about you guys, do you get tired of all the Christmas stuff, or are you of the "the more the merrier" persuasion?

Christmas season starts the day after Thanksgiving, and not one minute sooner. I agree, I'm tired of seeing Chrsitmas stuff before they've cleared out Halloween stuff.

The Salvation Army santa claus pops up in NY in October!!!

I love the atmosphere. I think the Christmas spirit makes most of us better people, even if only for a short time.

But I think October is a bit early!

I have to say that there's something cheery about all the decorations and lights during winter. It's so depressing walking home when it's dark already.

I kind of like it !

With all the bad stuff that goes on in this world. I think we can never get enough of a good spirit !

A hopeless romantic, I guess.:)

I think I'll do the Clark Griswold thing this weekend and put lights on my house. I won't be able to out do my neighbor though, that guy goes nuts!

The new 102.7, that was originally opie and anthony, has been playing non-stop Christmas music, all day, for the past 2 weeks and will continue till Christmas. Though, it might be early, I have to agree, it kinda brings the spirit in. They have most stores decorated already, and, trees are now being delivered to the areas that they sell them. With Black Friday being this week, they will have trees being sold. Seems most people will run out and buy them starting that day. One house by my Son's school, has the entire house decorated and a tree in the window for about 2 weeks now too, this I found a little early, but everyone else is starting now too. I went out and got some new lights myself lastnight and figure on putting them outside this weekend, being it's not going to be so cold. Tis the season!!!!!!

Don't forget the tree lighting next week in NY!!!!

as long as it is after halloween, i dont have a problem with the whole christmas thing. actually look forward to it. i get a nice 11 day vacation from the 24th december to jan 4th, and only have to use 3 of my vacation days, thats always a plus. merry christmas, happy new year, happy whatever you celebrate, may it be everything you wish for and more.

same to you green lantern!!!!

I have that time off too from work, only difference is, it's a vacation you have no choice but to take!! schools closed, your closed!! no work!!!! but paid though anyway!

11 day vacation Green Lantern, that would be cool. Hopefully the duck and goose hunting is good for you then. Maybe you will run into Ted Nugent.:)

I think after Thanksgiving is perfect! The stores down here had stuff out even before Halloween. On the way up to NJ 2 weeks ago, there were whole malls decorated for Christmas. I do like the atmoshpere though. Just save it till after Thanksgiving. :)

Yup, the holiday season is upon us and the malls are CROWDED, even 2 weeks ago! I don't think the economy thing is going to be in play for the dems come next fall. No wonder the SF Examiner carries an editorial piece saying that the continued deaths in Iraq, while certainly tragic might be good in the long run, if they oust Bush. Now that's a great take on things.

Forum List

Back