Christmas

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
Here are some pictures of the tree, with ALL of the presents underneath! :D

(Matthew won the, "Who is the 'better' Giver" contest this year, between the 2 of us...)

I keep the tree very light on ornaments...mainly because we moved to maine and bought the house December 15th and did not have much time to decorate or even FIND all of our decorations...here it is 3 years later and I am still using the same set up...hahahahahaha! AND, I still have not found the other decorations and ornaments....:)...they gotta be somewhere in the kazillion of boxes in the attic eaves...?

PC162916.JPG

PC162920.JPG

the Shape of the tree is just perfect! only $19 bucks! :)

PC162927.JPG

THIS is from the outside, looking in...

PC182945.JPG

YES, most of those presents were for me, from matt...

PC242958.JPG

PC242961.JPG

Yes, 3 years later and there is still a paper blind in the front window....hahahaha! We just bought the new window treatment 2 weeks ago, and got the side windows up, but not the front window.... :eek:

PC182946.JPG

I declare the war on Christmas over! Christmas won. I hope you had a good holiday with your family, care.

Your place looks beautiful Care.

I cant believe you have lived there for three years now.

Your place looks beautiful Care.

I cant believe you have lived there for three years now.

I can't believe it either TM! Time has just been flying-warp speed, it seems!!!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to come, TM!

Care

Mine.

Before the boys woke up:

xotoxi-albums-photos-to-share-picture1114-dsc05965-sm.jpg

After they'd had at it:

xotoxi-albums-photos-to-share-picture1115-dsc06012-sm.jpg

God, I Just LOVE the character in the homes up here in New England! And also the way we can decorate with colonial or antiques and the homey feeling this brings!

AND we originally moved up to New England from Florida! And although I love my parent's house in Florida and it's character/setting, New England has it beat imho!

xo...do you know anything about masonry fireplaces? We have this fireplace, that was built old world...its opening is 42 inches wide and about 55 inches tall....just HUGE....you could hang wrought iron pots to cook in it. Welllll, the opening is too big for it or SOMETHING????? Because the smoke comes in to the house when lit....it has a long way to the flue....is what i was thinking...soooooooooo, I IMPROVISED and taped on with the trusty duct tape, aluminum heavy duty foil at the top to make it stop smoking.......AND it works great! BUTTTTTTT, the duct tape when it is warmed does not stick to the granite or bricks that surrounds the opening and some smoke gets through and is staining the granite over it.... Is there a legitimate fix, that I could have done or do ourselves, other than my duct tape rig? Let me see if I can find a picture of my makeshift set up....

Anyone that knows ANYTHING about masonry fireplaces, please chime in!

Care

ok xo,

here is a pic of it, a little blury but you will get the gist of it.... the granite above the tin foil is gett brown smoke stains, and the tin foil is laughable....but one has to do what one has to do.... hahahahaha!

PC162932.JPG

Have a decorative wrought iron and sheet metal hood made to replace the foil improvisation you made.

I bet the person you contracted to make it would have some great ideas.

Here are some pictures of the tree, with ALL of the presents underneath! :D

(Matthew won the, "Who is the 'better' Giver" contest this year, between the 2 of us...)

I keep the tree very light on ornaments...mainly because we moved to maine and bought the house December 15th and did not have much time to decorate or even FIND all of our decorations...here it is 3 years later and I am still using the same set up...hahahahahaha! AND, I still have not found the other decorations and ornaments....:)...they gotta be somewhere in the kazillion of boxes in the attic eaves...?

PC162916.JPG

PC162920.JPG

the Shape of the tree is just perfect! only $19 bucks! :)

PC162927.JPG

THIS is from the outside, looking in...

PC182945.JPG

YES, most of those presents were for me, from matt...

PC242958.JPG

PC242961.JPG

Yes, 3 years later and there is still a paper blind in the front window....hahahaha! We just bought the new window treatment 2 weeks ago, and got the side windows up, but not the front window.... :eek:

PC182946.JPG

Very pretty Christmas Tree. Anything under there for the Big Black Dog?

Forum List

Back