Christmas Spirit in music

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Hello, for this year i did my Christmas tree already i am glad about that a pretty thing and i like Christmas spirit ! So i create this thread now i hope it is not to soon ? :th_yourecute:

In the spirit of Christmas, may all Ds, Rs, libs, and cons come together.

...I know...I am dreaming

Dang, Dalia. That's early. That is my favorite time of the year, though. So, I could see why you would get started on it early.

You know what you should get, Dalia. A bunch of tins of those Danish butter cookies. The ones wit hthe big sugar sprinkles on them.

They have the Christmas themed ones now, really pretty. Nice and Christmasy. Plus they're good.

This is about the time of year I start buying those. And chocolates, too. Lots of Christmas chocolates. Every place you look, a box of chocolates.

3980ca63-36e1-45f6-bcda-03c94134d7ed_1.0a9e413ebeb3c6ed2f82774531c2b508.jpeg

Last edited:
This song is from 1913 and appeared on a Victor Record of that time sung by the PEERLESS QUARTET. Someone recorded this on their cell phone. I have no idea whose the guy in the picture (actually, I believe it is a elderly Billy Murray). However, this song is a real vintage treasure. The song is entitled GOODBYE SUMMER! SO LONG FALL! HELLO WINTERTIME! I wish someone would re-record this and bring back!

Last edited:
OH YOU SILVERY BELLS 1913 (Ada Jones & Billy Murray) Imagine for a few minutes that you and your best girl have been invited on a sleigh ride with the whole gang. The snow is lightly falling and you're in Mr. Brown's old sleigh. You're on your way to a Christmas party at the big house on the hill --- the highlight of the year. You've brought along a few lanterns and look "swell" in you best suit, high starched collar, and are warm in a heavy seal coat with a fur collar earmuffs --- sporting the bowler hat you've borrowed from father for the auspicious occasion. A little paper folded in the hat band made it fit just right.Your girl loves the corsage you bought her and she looks real sweet with her fur muff and a scarf over her head. Over your laps is granny's old quilt and the horses are snorting clouds of steam as they march through the snow. ONWARD!

Last edited:
You know what you should get, Dalia. A bunch of tins of those Danish butter cookies. The ones wit hthe big sugar sprinkles on them.

They have the Christmas themed ones now, really pretty. Nice and Christmasy. Plus they're good.

This is about the time of year I start buying those. And chocolates, too. Lots of Christmas chocolates. Every place you look, a box of chocolates.

3980ca63-36e1-45f6-bcda-03c94134d7ed_1.0a9e413ebeb3c6ed2f82774531c2b508.jpeg
That right really beautiful , here in France we have les papillotes it is a from my region Lyon and we put it in the chrismas tree :)

papillotes.jpg

Hello, for this year i did my Christmas tree already i am glad about that a pretty thing and i like Christmas spirit ! So i create this thread now i hope it is not to soon ? :th_yourecute:

Not too soon at all! :04:

here we go.....isn't this pretty?:thewave:

The Noel feat. Sam Shore - All For Christmas

Forum List

Back