Christmas Spirit in a image, gif

bruges-christmas-window-display.jpg

th.jpg

And maybe more often than that, the world would be a better place. Play nice with the other kids, as often as possible.

And have a great holiday season!

Queen Elizabeth's Annual Christmas Message Touches on the Importance of Respecting Others

Queen Elizabeth II is wishing her kingdom a very merry Christmas — and imparting the importance of respect and kindness.

Though her annual Christmas address doesn’t air until Dec. 25, a preview released by the palace teases the 92-year-old Queen’s touching speech from Buckingham Palace‘s majestic White Drawing Room.

Wearing an ivory silk cocktail dress by Angela Kelly, the longest-reigning British monarch notes that “through the many changes I have seen over the years, faith, family and friendship have been not only a constant for me but a source of personal comfort and reassurance.”

The Queen also emphasized the impact of kindness in her address. “Even with the most deeply held differences, treating the other person with respect and as a fellow human being is always a good first step towards greater understanding,” she proclaimed.

She nodded to Jesus’ teachings to illustrate her hope for the future. “I believe his message of peace on earth and goodwill to all is never out of date,” the Queen commented. “It can be heeded by everyone; it’s needed as much as ever.”

Forum List

Back