Christmas Spending

More or less than last year? Me a tad more.

I've already bought Wii and Wii Fit for the house. Amazon had great deal, figure we can use Christmas night. I'll use 'fit' for when I miss going to club. I think the 'kids' will use when friends are over.

I'm allocating about $100 for each kid and $75 for the two significant others. I'm making homemade Bailey's for adult family and friends.

All told=$1000

Less...as my kids have gotten older they don't want as much junk anymore (thank goodness). They asked for a few DVD's, CD's, clothes and other assorted girly stuff (mostly nail polish,lip gloss and jewelry). The bigger items they want are a digital camera and karaoke machine (probably to drive me nuts with...they DO love doing that...alot :lol:). I think I spent about $ 200.00 each (yes,I bought it all already..I hate fighting the holiday rush). As for me...I have enough "crap". I don't need anything...infact,I probably need to get rid of some of the clutter,instead of adding to it. I will probably talk my family into giving me money to put away for a road trip (maybe to Colorado) this summer or movie passes for the kids and I to use later on.

Most of my extra holiday money ends up going to ship boxes to relatives out of state. I would send money,but alot of them have little kids...so I want them to have a present under the tree to open up (plus, it's fun shopping for them.) I usually shop all year,and pick up stuff as I see something interesting.. so I'm not real sure how much I spend over all. Probably the same amount as you do though...close to $ 1000.00.

Last edited:
I plan on spending less this year. Some of our family members have contacted us, asking how we felt about just sending Christmas cards this year. We agreed and it was if a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

I will focus on my children and leave the rest to chance.

Black Friday is just a few days away!
Who's going shopping?
Not me. But I do have to work.
I'm thinking about putting a sign in my back window that says ....

I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE CRAZY PEOPLE GOING OUT TO SHOP ... I'M JUST GOING TO WORK!

One of my friends was trying to talk me into getting up early and shopping on Black Friday,and I almost agreed...that is.. until I found out he wanted to camp out at 2:00am and wait for the store to open up (he wants electronics,and apparently there is a huge sale somewhere)...I told him he was nuts..and to find another shopping buddy. :lol:

I've never shopped on Black Friday and never intend to (beyond what might be available online). I'd rather pay extra than fight those idiots.

Amazon has great offers and free shipping on nearly all. Overstock sometimes better prices, but I don't know about free shipping.

I have 1 little one to buy for, out-of-state. I have Amazon wrap, tag, ship. Then I call to see how she like it. ;)

You all are a bunch of unamerican pansies!

Those brave Americans weathering the elements to be first in line on Black Friday are the truest of Americans.
They are giving their best to help the economy recover.

Forum List

Back