Christmas Spending

I'll spend about the same on my family this year, but I'm donating more to local charities this year.

I am donating everything to local charities, I told my husband I don't need or want anything and he doesn't need or want anything, my grown kids are fine and still have jobs, and homes. I will buy something for the grandkids. In this economy there are alot of people losing their jobs, their homes, etc. It's time to help them out through local charities.

BTW: I am one of those right wing conservatives.

Another interesting fact about our community. I live in Colorado Springs, a conservative focus on the family community. I am so proud of this community, the charities we do for the poor and the underprivileged are 1st class. A local Curves, a women's exercise organization, that is World Wide has won 1st prize for the last 3 years in food donations. Again, that's a world wide organization that donates food every year in every curves in the World.

People think that conservatives are selfish, they need to think again.

[youtube]rmgf60CI_ks[/youtube]​

That guy must have over $1,000 in extension cords alone.

this was the trend setter from 2005. put together by Carson Williams. an Ohio electrical engineer. 16,000 lights. this 2005 design had 25,000 lites at a cost of $10,000. it was aired nationwide. and soon everybody was making their own. it created massive traffic jams as people stopped to watch. [URL="http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp"]link to snopes[/URL]

and away they went !!!

[youtube]szLmAPW39uE[/youtube]

these blinking lights near airports caused confusion to Pilots

I plan on spending less this year. Some of our family members have contacted us, asking how we felt about just sending Christmas cards this year. We agreed and it was if a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

I will focus on my children and leave the rest to chance.

Black Friday is just a few days away!
Who's going shopping?
Not me. But I do have to work.
I'm thinking about putting a sign in my back window that says ....

I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE CRAZY PEOPLE GOING OUT TO SHOP ... I'M JUST GOING TO WORK!

I plan on spending less this year. Some of our family members have contacted us, asking how we felt about just sending Christmas cards this year. We agreed and it was if a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Who's going shopping?

I'm going for the first time this Black Friday. Some of us won't be that crazy, I promise. :)

I usually take a little trip during the holidays. Can't this year. Too busy!

Spending will be about the same on family and friends. I lost my father in the spring of 2008 and last Christmas was a downer. This year, I'd like to do something special for Mom (maybe a trip in the Spring) but she will be 76 in February and a little reluctant to be as adventurous as she was while Pop was around.

im gonna send 1 Christmas card with a list of names to forward it on to.........:lol:

I do have to get my wife something if i want to live. for me that's survival !!! then the day after we celebrate our wedding anniversary. that's another card, dress up and off to a fancy restaurant . but we did plan it that way.

Who's going shopping?

I'm going for the first time this Black Friday. Some of us won't be that crazy, I promise. :)

Have a great time and be safe! I hope you catch some good deals and may your check-out lines be short!

I'm down 1600 already, 32 inch flat screen for one son another xbox 360, a wii and a lap top. Still have to buy a PlayStation 3 and a ton of games.

Who's going shopping?

Christmas cards? I email those i'm 'friends' with, call those I care about. All's cheaper and more personal than sending cards.

Fake letters of family? Not me.

I always want to give everyone what will make them happy but this year I had to deny one very special kid the Air Jordan Retro Space Jams. Turned out they cost almost $300.

I could charge them but I told him Jordan would be ripping him off and I'd rather give him the money which he shouldn't spend on those particular shoes. I also told him we could find some great shoes for much less.. He just said "Deff". I am so dang thankful for my family. :)

It's all about the season with me. Family, spiritual, snow, food and lots of love and peace on earth.

Don't forget those in need. We have food drives in just about every grocery store around here which is easy enough but anything you can give in some way is appreciated.

Something is more than just a little bit at your house.

I'll spend about the same on my family this year, but I'm donating more to local charities this year.

I am donating everything to local charities, I told my husband I don't need or want anything and he doesn't need or want anything, my grown kids are fine and still have jobs, and homes. I will buy something for the grandkids. In this economy there are alot of people losing their jobs, their homes, etc. It's time to help them out through local charities.

BTW: I am one of those right wing conservatives.

Another interesting fact about our community. I live in Colorado Springs, a conservative focus on the family community. I am so proud of this community, the charities we do for the poor and the underprivileged are 1st class. A local Curves, a women's exercise organization, that is World Wide has won 1st prize for the last 3 years in food donations. Again, that's a world wide organization that donates food every year in every curves in the World.

People think that conservatives are selfish, they need to think again.
Well put. Don't you want to move to California?:eusa_angel:

Who's going shopping?

There should be an overflow of bargains...and stampedes to get them. Be safe.

....and masquerade's middle sentence is the right thing to do...focus on the children.

I usually take a little trip during the holidays. Can't this year. Too busy!

Spending will be about the same on family and friends. I lost my father in the spring of 2008 and last Christmas was a downer. This year, I'd like to do something special for Mom (maybe a trip in the Spring) but she will be 76 in February and a little reluctant to be as adventurous as she was while Pop was around.
Sorry about your father. You will likely miss him forever, but you shouldn't let that bring too much grief into your life. Mine died on my birthday 27 years ago and I still miss him.

I'm down 1600 already, 32 inch flat screen for one son another xbox 360, a wii and a lap top. Still have to buy a PlayStation 3 and a ton of games.
You're wasting your money. All those things will be outdated by midyear. PlayStation 4 is just around the corner.

Who's going shopping?

Christmas cards? I email those i'm 'friends' with, call those I care about. All's cheaper and more personal than sending cards.

Fake letters of family? Not me.
Some of them aren't fake, but they are all nauseating.

son needed a new shell...i got him one for solstice...i got it at about 40% reduction...discontinued color....

i am trying not to spend much...i have not gone back to winter job yet

Shell???? like goes on a pick-up truck? Or a Down filled vest? Or one he blows into to call the spirits?

I think I may just light a few candles and meditate at the solstice, and leave it at that!

My, my. What a very sad thing to see. So much suffering in the country and some people still think you show you care by buying crap.

Forum List

Back