Christmas Spending

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
More or less than last year? Me a tad more.

I've already bought Wii and Wii Fit for the house. Amazon had great deal, figure we can use Christmas night. I'll use 'fit' for when I miss going to club. I think the 'kids' will use when friends are over.

I'm allocating about $100 for each kid and $75 for the two significant others. I'm making homemade Bailey's for adult family and friends.

All told=$1000

son needed a new shell...i got him one for solstice...i got it at about 40% reduction...discontinued color....

i am trying not to spend much...i have not gone back to winter job yet

Much less.

If you arent my little sister, nephew, or neices you arent really getting much unless you like homebrewed beer.

And my son of course.

But I also picked a kid off of the "Angel Tree" (or whatever its called) at Wal-Mart.

About the same I think on the kids, husband and I decided to not spend on each other,,next good furniture sale we will get new den furniture. I like Christmas because of the company, the food, we usually have a big seafood dinner. Same with Thanksgiving, we are having grouper shrimp, smoked ham and a small turkey. the wine, we usually have a good time. You will love your Wii.

times are tuff, monies hard here your fuckin' Christmas card
lol

My work is doing well. We sell items so cheap in good times Americans wouldn't consider them. Now we're busy as can be. So somewhat directly I'll be spending a little more.

We'll spend about the same as we always do. We never spend a whole lot on gifts and only buy for our own kids, and our parents. My youngest brother is going through a difficult time so my other brother and I, who have both been fortunate enough to have a prosperous year, are going to do something to help get them on their feet again, and ensure they can have a decent Christmas, for their kids sake.

For us, Christmas is about getting together with family and friends and enjoying each others company, not falling into the commercialized trap the holiday has become.

Whats the point theuy like the boxes more anyway!!! :razz:

About the same we never go overboard and the kids honestly don't ask for much as they get things all year long anyway.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
More or less than last year? Me a tad more.

I've already bought Wii and Wii Fit for the house. Amazon had great deal, figure we can use Christmas night. I'll use 'fit' for when I miss going to club. I think the 'kids' will use when friends are over.

I'm allocating about $100 for each kid and $75 for the two significant others. I'm making homemade Bailey's for adult family and friends.

All told=$1000

Hey we got the kids a Wii too! Didn't get the Wii Fit . . . waiting to see what games they end up playing first.

I bought it at Target. Hubs got an unexpected $120 bonus, daughter works at Target so we get 10% off and they were offering a $20 gift card so we decided to go for it. We used the gift card and daughter's discount to buy a $150 Fender guitar for $50 for the two youngest.

We'll spend about the same as we always do. We never spend a whole lot on gifts and only buy for our own kids, and our parents.

For us, Christmas is about getting together with family and friends and enjoying each others company, not falling into the commercialized trap the holiday has become.

Same here.

Christmas is a religious festival. We've never done lots of gifts anyway - the parents will send me a stocking full of fun little things.

Over the holiday period, I will be working with the homeless as I have done every year since I've been in the UK. I susect my brother will be here - or maybe two of them if I'm lucky - so I'll drag them along and make them help.

I always want to give everyone what will make them happy but this year I had to deny one very special kid the Air Jordan Retro Space Jams. Turned out they cost almost $300.

I could charge them but I told him Jordan would be ripping him off and I'd rather give him the money which he shouldn't spend on those particular shoes. I also told him we could find some great shoes for much less.. He just said "Deff". I am so dang thankful for my family. :)

It's all about the season with me. Family, spiritual, snow, food and lots of love and peace on earth.

Don't forget those in need. We have food drives in just about every grocery store around here which is easy enough but anything you can give in some way is appreciated.

$300 for a pair of sneakers?

These are 7 years old, the guy wants $360 on Ebay for them. The 2009 ones have to be pre sold and they run $279 or on Ebay, $239 plus shipping.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RktGnQMm9Yc[/ame]

Forum List

Back