Christmas songs that annoy you

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
one local station started playing Christmas songs before Thanksgiving!!
ok, one song that annoys me is Run Run Rudolph

This one is pretty cool..

.....yes, and Old--that reminds me--there are so many versions of the many songs--some are terrible....this one sounds pretty good --not over the top/etc

I enjoy the old ones like "Silver Bells" or "I'll Be Home for Christmas" or even "I Yust Go Nuts At Christmas", but for a heart-swelling thrill the old old great grand Carols sung by choirs is my misty-eyed faves...even Greensleeves that was co-opted into "What Child Is This?".

I enjoy the old ones like "Silver Bells" or "I'll Be Home for Christmas" or even "I Yust Go Nuts At Christmas", but for a heart-swelling thrill the old old great grand Carols sung by choirs is my misty-eyed faves...even Greensleeves that was co-opted into "What Child Is This?".
the choir ones are nostalgic for me

Will, I enjoy the cuteness and the message of the 'holiday" songs. But Christmas and Easter are religious days for me and mine. Just like I laugh at Christmas cards showing Rudollph on a snowy roof tap dancing with a Martini in his hoof. But I SEND cards with a True Christmas message of the reason for the season. I guess I'm just a sentimental old fart.
And as for the theme of this thread, I was nearly grown before I learned there is a bias against Jews. I knew about the holocaust, but never knew why or heard a word from family against them. I still don't understand it really.

Christmas songs are all joyful and happy so how can that annoy anyone? By the way I am an atheist but still enjoy December for the holiday spirit that is everywhere. Wish it could carry over to the rest of the year.

Forum List

Back