Christmas shopping...

How do you pay for your Christmas shopping?

• Strictly cash.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Only use credit cards.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I use both cash and credit cards.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Neither. If I can't shop lift it, it's not really a present.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
How do you pay for your Christmas shopping? Do you pay for your purchases with cash only or do you use a credit card or a combination of them both? Take the simple poll please.

I shop all year long and store it all up. If i see something that is just perfect for someone i get it when i see it. Yes, you have to hold everything but its also not as big of a sticker shock at the end of the year.

i used to get everything on cards..... not a good idea. slowly trying to make it so i pay for everything by cash then nothing can come back and bite me in the backside.
Hardly done any Christmas shopping yet..... only 1 month left.... argh

I shop all year long and store it all up. If i see something that is just perfect for someone i get it when i see it. Yes, you have to hold everything but its also not as big of a sticker shock at the end of the year.

You sound like my wife!!! However, she did hit the streets today for the Black Friday deals.

Both, but I also pay off the credit card in full each month. It's just for convenience.

cash only, the Spirit of Christmas surely does not include putting oneself into financial debt to give someone a gift.

Well, actually I must clarify, my wife DOES use credit cards, but we pay them off each month, we just use them to get the points.

Mine's all done.

82909920.jpg

Strictly cash and debit card. I don't even have a credit card, and never will again either. Now that I don't have one, I don't NEED one, with all the money I save each month not having to pay on credit cards.

Last edited:
For a significant purchase I use my debit card; for something smaller I'll pay with cash. Although, in my experience, it does all really come down to what's at hand at the time of purchase.

And allow me to offer you some advice regarding credit cards: cut them into pieces when you take them out of your mailbox. I don't care what incentives the banks are offering to anyone they think are eligible for one, they nearly always cause grief.

I use my "debit" card as a credit card. It won't let me withdraw or charge more than what's in my account and if it is hacked/stolen all I'm responsible for is $50. Most debits are not protected and you're stuck with the entire loss.

Forum List

Back