Christmas Shopping Survey

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
What is "The Big One"? (the most expensive gift you bought or are planning to buy this Christmas)

What is the hardest to find? (Rare, elusive, exclusive or discontinued)

What did you ask Santa for for yourself?

I bought Mom an iPad 2 as she is afraid of computer viruses, has no computer herself and does not want to dedicate a space in the house she thinks would isolate her while she is on the computer. That's "The Big One".

I bought my brother and his wife an address post. It's cast aluminum powder coated black with brass numbers. It kinda looks like an old hitching post. It's unique (not a plaque or yard sign) and was the hardest thing to find.

And I asked Santa for the John Cassavettes DVD box set. But I'm buying myself a shotgun for home defense. That's an item I'm keeping secret from the rest of the family as such a purchase would be quite controversial in my family.

The big one: With 4 children and 9 grandchildren...plus 3 cousins and about 4 very close friends....that I buy for....there is no way I can plan on getting any one person "the big one".
I might add, I buy each of my children and grandchildren more than 1 gift a piece too....so, my packages are taking up a lot of room here...Christmas can arrive any time ~LoL~

The hardest to find: The perfect Peace Sign comforter set for my granddaughter (the one I have custody of). She is 12 and T-Totally into Peace Signs!....So I had to spend hours online searching for the perfect one. I think I did...or at least I hope~

For myself: I don't believe in Santa Claus, so I asked for nothing. That's what I figured I would get anyway ~LoL~

A nearby gallery is featuring tea pots made by various artists and some of them are quite ornate.
I'll probably get one for Mrs. H. And knowing this gallery it will probably be a few hunnert dolla.

Cinema Gallery
Golly! World Famous Fiestaware is made right here in my hometown (that's why it's featured as a prize in the 2012 Dead Pool) We're hip deep in teapots!

Merry Christmas!

Forum List

Back