Christmas Shopping for Teens!

I agree with Skull - US teens love those tiny posters of dead presidents with numbers on them.

Is it electronics or clothes this year?

My daughter just wanted clothes thank goodness, after I told her this was out of the question!

Apple - iPod touch

My daughter (who just turned 11) wanted a cell phone which we have vetoed. But we got her an iPod - the Nano (like you, the Touch was out of the question). She'll be happy.

My daughter (who just turned 11) wanted a cell phone which we have vetoed. But we got her an iPod - the Nano (like you, the Touch was out of the question). She'll be happy.

Yeah, I got my daughter the iPod Nano last year, that thing is hooked to her ear 24/7 it seems. Glad she's so into music! But seriously, I wasn't about to get a 13 yo a $250 ipod......no way Hose!

She's happy with her clothes, we went shopping Sat. and she picked them all out, and some shoes....then I wrap them up and put them under the tree for her to open Christmas morning!

*she also got other things she doesn't know about..............:eusa_shhh:

Cash...teens love cash

that is what my daughter asked for this year! At first I was resistent because it seems to impersonal and I've picked her up a few odds and ends, like nail polish, an eyebrow shaper (the girl is obsessed with her eyebrows :eusa_eh: ) and a board game for us to play on game night. I also got her a CD and new DS game which I already gave to her cuz I can't resist givng her things that I buy her :eusa_whistle:

But I'm also getting her a visa gift card and loading it with $100 to do with what she wants.

She never asks for things, which is nice, because I tell her that she should be thankful for whatever she gets and that getting gifts isn't the reason for the holiday in the first place.

The few teens buy actual gifts for are getting:

• a GO card (minutes for a GO phone) because the 17 yo has a mental age of about 9 yo and can't handle money well
  • a Nintendo DS with a special color scheme that has to be ordered on-line (and at 15 she doesn't have a credit card to do that)
  • an engraved plaque for a saddle (same reason as the DS)
In my experience, girls love clothes, electronics that make texting easier and music - boys like sports equipment, expensive sneakers, music and electronics.

I bought my son socks, gloves and slippers. (he and I wear the same sizes in evrything. Think of this generousity as defensive gifting. If I want socks, glove and slippers, I have to make sure my son has them, too)

I bought all my other wards (currently there's five of them) gloves.

I also bought them all (and myself) 200 gallons of # 2 heating fuel.

Perhaps if they're really good I'll let them turn on the heat upstairs...but only if it dips below 0.

Don't want to spoil them, after all.

Forum List

Back