Christmas Morning Breakfast

pretender

Dec 3, 2004
I am sure most of you have tried this before but it is quick and can be made the night before.

Ingredients
1. 12 oz. low-fat, bulk breakfast, sausage
2. 3 slices white bread, torn into bite-size pieces
3. 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4. 6 eggs
5. 1 cup low-fat milk
6. 1/4 tsp. salt
7. 1/8 tsp. pepper
8. 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Steps
Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring to crumble. Remove it from the heat, drain off any fat, and let it cool.

Place the bread in the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray. Layer the sausage over the bread, then top it with the Monterey Jack cheese.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the contents of the dish, then top with the Cheddar cheese. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

In the morning, heat the oven to 325 degrees. Remove the plastic wrap from the dish and bake the casserole for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through. Makes about 6 servings.

My recipe:

Buy 1/2 doz Dunkin Donuts on Dec 23.
Place on counter and let stand until Dec.25 AM
Remove donuts from counter and mix with hot, black coffee.

Serves one with leftovers for Dec 26 thru Dec 30

CSM said:
My recipe:

Buy 1/2 doz Dunkin Donuts on Dec 23.
Place on counter and let stand until Dec.25 AM
Remove donuts from counter and mix with hot, black coffee.

Serves one with leftovers for Dec 26 thru Dec 30

But.....but ......but I wanta use my Christmas dishes.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
What's the point of low fat sausage if you''re just going to eat things like white bread anyway? :D

Shattered said:
What's the point of low fat sausage if you''re just going to eat things like white bread anyway? :D

Well every little bit helps. :) Especially after you had the fried turkey and all those desserts the night before.... And the egg nog ...... and, I could go on and on..... :cof: :laugh:

Shattered said:
I dunno, does "low fat" mean they are smaller so you can fit more of them in?

Just lookin out for y'all's health. Doesn't do any good to go low fat, if you're just going to go high carb, high preservative. :D:D:D

Mr. P said:
Eat what ya want and die full and happy....instead of wishin ya had. That's how I look at it.

Live well.

You can eat right, excercise and stay perfectly healthy but will still die anyway!

pretender said:
I am sure most of you have tried this before but it is quick and can be made the night before.

Ingredients
4. 6 eggs
5. 1 cup low-fat milk
6. 1/4 tsp. salt
7. 1/8 tsp. pepper

Steps
Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring to crumble. Remove it from the heat, drain off any fat, and let it cool.

Place the bread in the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray. Layer the sausage over the bread, then top it with the Monterey Jack cheese.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the contents of the dish, then top with the Cheddar cheese. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

In the morning, heat the oven to 325 degrees. Remove the plastic wrap from the dish and bake the casserole for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through. Makes about 6 servings.
My grandfather does this dish somehow with cornbread, and potatoes

pretender said:

Ingredients
4. 6 eggs
5. 1 cup low-fat milk
6. 1/4 tsp. salt
7. 1/8 tsp. pepper

Steps

They serve this same dish at Christ Hospital in Cinci,and it is actually very good even though it was hospital food!!! I have been wanting this recipe forever. I first had it a couple of years ago when my father in law was having heart surgery and had it again recently when I took him down for another surgery. It is sooooo good!!!! Thanks for the recipe-I will be making it soon,Kevin loves it too!!!

krisy said:
They serve this same dish at Christ Hospital in Cinci,and it is actually very good even though it was hospital food!!! I have been wanting this recipe forever. I first had it a couple of years ago when my father in law was having heart surgery and had it again recently when I took him down for another surgery. It is sooooo good!!!! Thanks for the recipe-I will be making it soon,Kevin loves it too!!!

I had forgotten all about that dish. It was good!

Forum List

Back