Christmas menu?

My folks were impossible to buy for this year. I picked up a gift card for mom at Barnes and Noble, and a Gift Card at the bar where Dad always goes to eat with his golfing buddies, and I am wrapping it with a box a chocolates made at a shop two towns over that has been in business over an hundred years that I know they have gotten both nuts and chocolates at since before I was born.

Holy shit, I hadn't been there since I was a kid, and when I went there, they had expanded their parking lot and expanded into the next building. The chocolates I got mom smelled so strong since they had been made the night previous, and had to double bag them in Ziploc. They were smelling my whole house up like a candy store. I wonder if the cashews I got for dad were of similar quality?

I can see why that place was so crowded and in business for so long. . . .

We're going to my brother's house for dinner - family potlock. mr. boe and I are bringing homemade dinner roles, winter salad, and ice cream. Rest of family chipping in with meat, potatoes, veggies, etc.

We are just snacking all day...

Tamales
Chilie Rellanos
Queso and Chips
Beans
Green chilie pin wheels
BBQ smokies
Buffalo chicken wings
Olives,pickles,veggies tray
Misc Christmas goodies.

Mom still has everyone over. Not sure what she is cooking, probably the traditionals with some of her own mixed in. Sis is coming up from down south. This year, my grandma will be joining us since her WWII vet husband passed last summer. She is, wow, like in her mid nineties. I love listening to her Depression era and WWII era stories. My kid loves them too. It makes his public school history classes seem pathetic and political in nature.

And the food will be better than anything I could do. Most of the recipes are from my other Grandma who passed away over a decade ago. But she was a fine cook, best in the land. My mom has since added some new healthier ones.

Always a traditional one now is this really unique recipe that everyone loves, I don't know the exact recipe, but here is something similar. It is a sprouts dish, that is flavored with bacon, olives, onions, garlic and a few other things.

This is the closest I could find;

Brussels Sprouts with Tomato, Olives, and Bacon

Husband is making pasta with Italian sausage in red sauce. I made cookies and bought the wine.

Hey, I'm not the only one. My stepfather made lasagna...actually, due to shoulder surgery, he made a lasagna with the help of myself and my mother since he can't lift with one hand.

The 2/3 of it we didn't eat will be cut into single servings and frozen.

Ok. What are you guys planning?

We are making spanakopita, Melitzanosalata (Greek eggplant salad), Greek Salad, pastitsio, and kataifi.

Kataifi: Shredded Phyllo with Nuts & Honey Syrup
I Just Got A New Grill !!
I've Been Learning How To Use It For A Couple Of Weeks Now
But I Haven't Done Direct Heat Grilling Yet
Your Menu Makes Me Crave Some Kebab

What I'll Do Is Get Beef And Lamb
Slice It Thin, Give It Gyros Seasons
Assemble With The Usual Accompaniments
Make Some Cucumber Dip, Baba Ganoush
I Can Make Hollow Pita Too

I'm The Only One That Appreciates The Grape Leaf Sides
But I Think I Can Slide A Salad By
If I Leave Out The Feta

Marion Morrison said:
Not Peloton, because no matter what the commercial looks like, you give that to a wife, and she's gonna be pissed and say "So I'm fat, huh?"
Solid Truth
NEVER Buy Any Woman Exercise Equipment Or Cleaning Tools

Matching Leather Travel Cases By Spalding Worked Here
(Along With A Trip To Tampa Next Month)

dust-leather-travel-bag-cuoio-brown-du123-cb.jpg

Forum List

Back